Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Image problems with H520 and E30Z

Reaction score
Hello, I am writing this post to ask a question..
I have the H520 with E30Z, I have many image problems, at 30 meters it works correctly but as soon as I allege a little, Lags, Freezes, Loss of the Camera appear.

I leave you a youtube link where you can see a small sample.

The flight area is clear, without telephone antennas, high voltage towers or buildings.

Coordinates: 41.1469962780926, 1.2406349793433809

Thank you

I see 2 problems with your set up.
1. The round antenna on the ST16 is pointed at the aircraft. It should be pointed straight up.
Replace the round mushroom antenna with the flat square antenna. Then point it directly at the H520.

2. The weakest signal from the E30Z will be the area above the controller.

1620320845930.png

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hi @Steve Carr
OK thank you. The problem with your explanation is that if I zoom out further I totally lose the video signal. Today I will try changing the antenna. I will test the flat square antenna and test a + 12db Unidirectional antenna.
I will comment on the result ..

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hola [USER = 453] @Steve Carr [/ USER]
He estado haciendo pruebas con dos tipos de antenas, una unidireccional de + 12db y la otra unidireccional de plato.
Resultado de la prueba: Sin mejora. Continúan los mismos problemas de video, Lags, Pérdida de señal, ..
Algunas ideas..?
Estoy pensando que la falla puede estar en la antena transmisora del E30Z.
Adjunto fotos de las antenas que he probado.
Control 2.JPG
Control 1.JPG

Last edited:
I agree. It could be the camera antenna or the wifi board in the camera. Do you have any other Yuneec cameras?

I agree. It could be the camera antenna or the wifi board in the camera. Do you have any other Yuneec cameras?
no, I do not have. I will talk to the store that sold it to us and have them do the test before sending the equipment to Technical Service.
Thank you.

Hi @Steve Carr , Today I have done some tests, I have used 2 wifi network analysis applications, NetSpot and iStumbler, the 2 installed on my MAC. Control 1 with the omnidirectional antenna (mushroom antenna) and Control 2 with the directional satellite dish. (See "Photo 0.jpg" of the attached files)

Foto 0.JPG

Test 1: Control 1 and Control 2 connected and linked to the E30Z, the Yuneec 4 meters from me without taking off See "Photo 1". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 1" (-51db)
Foto 1Análisis 1

Test 2: Yuneec flying 65 meters away and 30 meters high. See "Photo 2". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 2" (-53db)
Foto 2.JPG

Analisis 2.png

Test 3: Yuneec flying 130 meters away and 40 meters high. See "Photo 3". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 3" (-63db)
Foto 3.JPG
Analisis 3.png

Test 4: Yuneec flying 200 meters away and 40 meters high. . Network analysis result, see "Analysis 4" (-72db)
Analisis 4.png

Test 5: Yuneec flying 250 meters away and 40 meters high. See "Photo 5". Network analysis result, see "Analysis 5" (-76db)

Foto 5.JPG
Analisis 5.png

In "Photo 5" taken during Test 5, you can see how the video link is completely lost.

In my opinion the fault is in the wifi emitter of the E30Z, or the antenna or the wifi plate (or some other part of the E30Z that I do not know). As can be seen in "Analysis 1", it is not normal that at just 4 meters away we obtain a signal of -51db, it would have to be much higher, just as at a greater distance the signal progressively loses until reaching values of - 76db.

Another test that I have carried out to verify that the NetSpot, iStumbler and MAC programs give reliable results has been to set my mobile as an Access Point and walk away. At 10 meters away I got -39db.

What is your opinion..??

Last edited:
Buenos días, he conseguido hacer la misma prueba con el E90, para ver si hay diferencia ..
Te dejo este video para que veas el resultado ...

(Anticipo que tengo los mismos problemas .. :( )

Buenos días, he conseguido hacer la misma prueba con el E90, para ver si hay diferencia ..
Te dejo este video para que veas el resultado ...

(Anticipo que tengo los mismos problemas .. :( )
hola yo tambien tengo los mismos problemas con E-90 y E50

Hello, I also have the same problems with E-90 and E50

Last edited by a moderator:
hola yo tambien tengo los mismos problemas con E-90 y E50

Hello, I also have the same problems with E-90 and E50
If you are getting this with both cameras then the problem is likely at the ST16S. Most likely with the antenna if you are using the mushroom shaped omnidirectional antenna. Try using the square shaped patch antenna and keep the flat surface pointed at the aircraft.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz