Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ImmersionRC 13dbi gain Patch antenna

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 90mm square IRC 13dbi patch antenna on the H pro?

I had a great flight over some wrecks last week. 2.4ghz was super good and still full bars on RSSI, but the 5.8ghz was at the limit.

I'm wondering if the larger patch antenna (or maybe even a 5-7 turn helical) will do a better job?

Thoughts?

Please let me know I just installed a 11db flat square 5.8 antenna but have not tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the 90mm square IRC 13dbi patch antenna on the H pro?

I had a great flight over some wrecks last week. 2.4ghz was super good and still full bars on RSSI, but the 5.8ghz was at the limit.

I'm wondering if the larger patch antenna (or maybe even a 5-7 turn helical) will do a better job?

Thoughts?

I have tried both the 13dbi and the 8dbi. I think the 13dbi is 'too' Directional and got better results with the 8dbi. The 8dbi is good for 8000+ft (over the Ocean).

Reactions: Ward Paterson
I have the 8dbi as well and it has increased my video performance above the stock. I fly alot over tree lines and have noticed an increase in distances from 200-500 feet from the stock antenna at the same height. Mine was $20 incl ship from Aliexpress when it was onsale. Decided to get it since it was so cheap and has served me well.

When I first got my TH early in 2016 (UK) I had problems with the 'down link' and got a 5.86 8dBi from a local drone parts supplier and since then it has been absolutely fine!

ack! went to install and didnt order a separate cable to attach it. You guys have any recs?

Oh wait you need the adapter. i just got the correct connector that changed it from male.to female? or which ever way it is. i didnt use the extension cable. I dont need to take it off that way when putting it the foam. Not sure if others that have the extensiion have to remove it to get it to fit in the foam.

Last edited:
When I remove the Yuneec stock square antenna on the Ground Station, its not the right connection. It appears to be male pin connection on the ground station and male pin connection on the bottom of the IRC square antenna. Is there a connector I need to mate this up?

Saw your post. Just need Male to female but what type of connector is it? What do I look for to search for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval