Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Indefinite flight time with Hoverfly

Any estimate of how long the H520 can run continuously? I mean, if it's too long it can affect the health of engines by overheating. If there is no estimate, relying on your own experience, how long has it been in operation?
When Hoverfly first came out they tested on the 3DR Solo and ran for 30 days continuously. No problems with motor heat. If the motors on any drone will hover without overheating, then the length of time running becomes moot. Similar to a car engine with proper cooling.

Happy New Year, all!
Some good news on the Hoverfly Technologies Systems.
A local Survey/Engineering firm just sent the PO for 2 H520/E90's and power tether systems!

There's no safer way to promote sUAS Drones. Doing my best to keep these systems in use by educating, training, and selling.

2018 is going to be awesome!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
xDDDDDDDDdddddddd no need to ask any more questions on the subject, thank you.

5 days is a good test of torture to the mechanic so the reliability is proven :D

But, did that include a break every 20 hours to replace the props?

Sorry... just couldn’t resist, other than replying to arruntus instead of Bob. [emoji56]

But, did that include a break every 20 hours to replace the props?

Sorry... just couldn’t resist, other than replying to arruntus instead of Bob. [emoji56]

But you don't know that the H520 can fly with 5 engines? The propellers are changed one at a time and in flight :p:p:p:p

Reactions: Addison
pACE3-5425298enh-z7.jpg
Outrageous price, $3,999!

I can make that for $399 ;)

I already designed the tray years ago. Just need the reel. Actually I may design a system that interfaces directly with the trays I sold everyone. Fun project .

Attachments

• pACE3-5425298enh-z7.jpg
    pACE3-5425298enh-z7.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 4
Some funny comments here!

On a serious note, if we were to know what power supply is required, surely a 'home' made device could be manufactured?

Reactions: Ralphy
That's easy. I just have to do some calcs on the wire and the voltage drop vs the distance of travel.

I wonder what happens with warranty when yuneec sees telemetry that exceeds the typical 25 min flight .....

That's easy. I just have to do some calcs on the wire and the voltage drop vs the distance of travel.

I wonder what happens with warranty when yuneec sees telemetry that exceeds the typical 25 min flight .....
Our tether system works for both Typhoon H and H520.
Yuneec worked with Hoverfly on the design.
Doesn't void anything.

Reactions: Ralphy
Our tether system works for both Typhoon H and H520.
Yuneec worked with Hoverfly on the design.
Doesn't void anything.

Well that's awesome. I had thought of developing this for recreational use after getting my part 107 early last year and seeing how CNN was using it with the fotokite to get a COA from the FAA to fly over people.

Any idea if a more affordable recreational version will be available?

Actually, price was raised by 1K the end of last year.
This is the ONLY system available for Typhoon H and H520.
Don't see much of a benefit for the average hobbyist. Works best for overwatch training and security until we can integrate Incident Command and Management Systems.

The ONLY thing that let's it work with the H and 520 and now the H plus is the tray in the battery compartment. Love the little plastic lock tab in the back of the tray ;)

Elistair, Airmast, PowerLine and At&t have all used a AC high voltage transmission system through a thin cable from the ground with a rectifier and step down on the drone battery compartment to fly indefinitely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss