Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Installing the batteries

Reaction score
Hi all,

How do you manage to install the batteries on steady grip?
Everytime I try to insert the last battery another pops-up, and I'm not able to close the cover...

Hi all,

How do you manage to install the batteries on steady grip?
Everytime I try to insert the last battery another pops-up, and I'm not able to close the cover...
hi
my rechargeable batteries seam to be just a little larger then regular 1.5 v batteries . the cover will fit with a little maneuvering .
fly safe

Thanks NRRTRAINS!

I can now answer my own question, after receiving an email from Yuneec:
"we know about the issue. The most AA batteries have a thick protection foil. This makes the batteries thicker and unfortunately they don´t have enough space in the Steady Grip.

You have to look after some batteries which are not so thick. We recommend eneloop batteries."

And now, after buying 16 unusable rechargeable batteries, I need to buy more... ****! :(

I went through the same ordeal. Do you have an ipad? I haven't been able to link my steady grip to anything else!

I went through the same ordeal. Do you have an ipad? I haven't been able to link my steady grip to anything else!
Hi,

Since I wasn't able to install the batteries I wasn't also able to try to link the steady grip with any device. But to clarify I will use an android device and not an iPad.
Why don't you try contacting with Yuneec too?

Thanks NRRTRAINS!

I can now answer my own question, after receiving an email from Yuneec:
"we know about the issue. The most AA batteries have a thick protection foil. This makes the batteries thicker and unfortunately they don´t have enough space in the Steady Grip.

You have to look after some batteries which are not so thick. We recommend eneloop batteries."

And now, after buying 16 unusable rechargeable batteries, I need to buy more... ****! :(

hi
the one's i use are energizer rechargeable batteries 2300 MaH , they can go unused for about 1 year and hold their charge . i have used energizer rechargeable batteries for a long time they are one of the best brand names out their .
fly safe

My first question is do you have to use rechargeable batteries to make the steady grip work. I know they recommend using the rechargeables but I would like to make sure what I have will pair up with it before I spend the money. I have a LG4 cell phone LG notepad have also tried it with an iPhone 5s and to no avail have I been able to make either work. I have regular Duracell batteries in a right now. I really don't feel like making a $50 investment if I can't get the steady grip to work with any of my components. I'll most likely stick to just flying the Q500 and sell the steady grip on Craigslist if I can't get it to sync to any of my components.

My first question is do you have to use rechargeable batteries to make the steady grip work. I know they recommend using the rechargeables but I would like to make sure what I have will pair up with it before I spend the money. I have a LG4 cell phone LG notepad have also tried it with an iPhone 5s and to no avail have I been able to make either work. I have regular Duracell batteries in a right now. I really don't feel like making a $50 investment if I can't get the steady grip to work with any of my components. I'll most likely stick to just flying the Q500 and sell the steady grip on Craigslist if I can't get it to sync to any of my components.
I've seen a post or two on this subject. Most of the guys are modifying them with 3 cell lipo batteries. I gave up on mine and just hold the Q500 while my wife controls the camera with the ST10.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS

Hi,
The answer to "Do you have to use rechargeable batteries to make the steady grip work?" is No!
I've bought rechargeable batteries and found out that those are fatter than the non rechargeable ones. So, yesterday I bought some non rechargeable batteries to give it a try, and it worked. I was able to pair it and it seems to work just fine.

What are the steps you're doing to pair the mobile phone and the steady grip?

I've seen a post or two on this subject. Most of the guys are modifying them with 3 cell lipo batteries. I gave up on mine and just hold the Q500 while my wife controls the camera with the ST10.

Yup! I wish I had the skills to modify it myself... but I don't have it :(

So, about using the Q500, how are you doing that? Two remote controls?

This has been discussed in the past. :) Don't for get to use the search feature - Steady grip
Some have even modded a LiPo battery into it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sorry, as far as using alkaline batteries. The manual was vague so many people were asking this.
As far as batteries the LiPo mod is a good solution or I have found Amazon Basics 2400Ah rechargeable's work well and are affordable.

2500mAh... even better :)

EDIT: just looked, they are 2500max. The pic is the exact ones I have, 2400mAh.

713R9V%2BY4sL._SX522_.jpg

I have eneloop batteries and they are excellent fit. The amazon basics from my research show they are identical to the eneloop batteries.

Some of my rechargabes are swollen some over time and use. Not much but readily noticed until the popping up in the steady grip. I discarded those.

The mod is the best way - long term - to go. A battery is $4, and lasts a couple + hours. The mod is simple too.

How to: Simple Lipo upgrade for the Steadygrip, tripple run time

Reactions: YummyPT
Hi,
The answer to "Do you have to use rechargeable batteries to make the steady grip work?" is No!
I've bought rechargeable batteries and found out that those are fatter than the non rechargeable ones. So, yesterday I bought some non rechargeable batteries to give it a try, and it worked. I was able to pair it and it seems to work just fine.

What are the steps you're doing to pair the mobile phone and the steady grip?
I have the CG03 app on my LG4 cell phone & LG tablet. Regular Duracell batteries in the steady grip. I have the grip setting on a level table turned on. Blue light is either steady or flashing I can't remember. Wi-Fi is paired with the CGO3 then I go to the app it comes up go to camera mode and then it closes out the app. It does it on both the cell phone and tablet and it also did it on an iPhone that I tried it with. I have been thinking about going to the AT&T store and see if I can get it to work with maybe the Samsung 6 or the note pad. Going to do more research on this, last resort I'll make a call to Yuneec.

Reactions: YummyPT
I have the CG03 app on my LG4 cell phone & LG tablet. Regular Duracell batteries in the steady grip. I have the grip setting on a level table turned on. Blue light is either steady or flashing I can't remember. Wi-Fi is paired with the CGO3 then I go to the app it comes up go to camera mode and then it closes out the app. It does it on both the cell phone and tablet and it also did it on an iPhone that I tried it with. I have been thinking about going to the AT&T store and see if I can get it to work with maybe the Samsung 6 or the note pad. Going to do more research on this, last resort I'll make a call to Yuneec.
I have a HTC One Max and worked like a charm on my first try! Don't know if it works with Samsung S6 or other devices...

I have a HTC One Max and worked like a charm on my first try! Don't know if it works with Samsung S6 or other devices...

Hey there, a guy on Craigslist has a HTC One M7 for sale. Do you think that would work with the CGO3 steady grip?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval