Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intel Realsense setup

Reaction score
Are all Typhoon H drones compatible with the r200 real sense setup? How does the real sense module attach to the mainboard in the drone? If anyone has a picture of where the plug is located on the board I would greatly appreciate it.

The real sense camera that Yuneec uses is found in some laptops but the control module is harder to find. I am wondering if one of the R200 developer's kits is the same as what is found in the Yuneec bird. If I can figure this all out, it will save me the inflated price Yuneec charges for this setup.

Are all Typhoon H drones compatible with the r200 real sense setup? How does the real sense module attach to the mainboard in the drone? If anyone has a picture of where the plug is located on the board I would greatly appreciate it.

The real sense camera that Yuneec uses is found in some laptops but the control module is harder to find. I am wondering if one of the R200 developer's kits is the same as what is found in the Yuneec bird. If I can figure this all out, it will save me the inflated price Yuneec charges for this setup.

Go to YouTube they have some great videos on this

Reactions: cabinfourus

I have a Intel RS module including the cable to main board that I took off my H PLUS. Never used on the Plus.
Sell to you for $125. including shipping in US only. I also have that photo courtesy of Steve Carr.
Correction, photo is of the main board in the PLUS not H480!

Attachments

• MainBoard Connectors.jpg
    MainBoard Connectors.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 45
Very few people actually use the RealSense unless they use the FollowMe mode of automated flight. For manual flight modes you gain nothing over the built in sonar sensors for obstacle avoidance. The TH still stops and waits for pilot input when flying in Angle mode.
The actual cameras may be the same as you find in a laptop, but the mounting and interface cabling will be unique to Yuneec.
mainboard_back_conn.jpgmainboardwiring.jpg
photo credits to Steve Carr/WTFDproject

Best setup, take it off, sell on eBay, make yourself some money.

Reactions: PatR
I have a Intel RS module including the cable to main board that I took off my H PLUS. Never used on the Plus.
Sell to you for $125. including shipping in US only. I also have that photo courtesy of Steve Carr.
I am not sure if the realsense you have would work with my H. Mine is not the H Plus. If you know that it will work I would be interested in it. I live in the US.

So you guys are saying that I should not add the realsense to my drone? I actually wanted to add it, just to play around with it. If I can pick it all up for 100 bucks or so I would do it just to have it as an added feature if I ever sell it.

The choice is yours. Vast majority have a play with it, then that's it. I believe most feel their skills will improve more and quicker by more manual/ taking charge of their copter, than rely too much on technology taking over.

I am not sure if the realsense you have would work with my H. Mine is not the H Plus. If you know that it will work I would be interested in it. I live in the US.

I am sure the RS modules are the same between the 2 copters.
It just plugs in and you turn it on in the ST16.
If I'm mistaken Steve Carr or others can correct me.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
There was a thread a while back which claimed the Firmware was different between them, there was a photo which showed slight differences externally too. But I'm not 100%

Let me research it just a bit and I will let you know. The one you have come from an H Plus, correct?

Reactions: davemh

Do you still have the RS? If so, I want it but I won't be able to pay until the first of the month. Can you hold it until then for me?

Have been away for a week, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
Sent you a PM via the forum, did you get?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss