Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

INTERCHANGEABLE CAMERA & LENSES

Reaction score
Guys are we ever going to see interchangeable cameras or lenses with the Yuneec H? That's all we're missing.

Yes if you want to buy the CGO ET a snip at only £1799. Gives great low light images when you can get it to work as mine has an issue with the software, when you chose visible light it shuts the flight program down so waiting for CS for a fix.
But on the bright side they did drop the price from £3400.

I'm sure once they figure out how much more people will be willing to pay for an interchangeable camera/lens system such will be offered.

Guys are we ever going to see interchangeable cameras or lenses with the Yuneec H? That's all we're missing.
Some users have bought a second camera and mounted a longer focal lens lens on it such as the Peau Productions 8.25 mm. It is pretty easy to swap out the camera.

Some users have bought a second camera and mounted a longer focal lens lens on it such as the Peau Productions 8.25 mm. It is pretty easy to swap out the camera.
Whoa! There is one more point in the keep my extra drone category. I have a camera I could mod.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Indeed. $450-$600 for a spare camera plus another $150 or so for a Peau lens, installed, and off ya go. It's all about what you're willing to spend to get the job done.

yeah that could definitely be an option. but it would be really nice if they concentrate now on there cameras and lenses. I mean there birds are awesome but the cameras not as much. especially for a guy like me who does a lot of towers and roof inspections that needs a longer focal sharper lenses. It's something that Yuneec should think about.

The Peau lens handles those needs quite well. An adjustable focal length lens on the H gimbal is simply not a practical option, especially considering the consumer price point of the H. The system would likely need to increase in cost a couple grand or more to allow for motor, ESC, propeller, camera, and gimbal upgrades to get the job done.

Serious inspection work needs something like a StediDrone or AscTec Falcon-8 to be truly viable. Essentially purpose built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Peau lens handles those needs quite well. An adjustable focal length lens on the H gimbal is simply not a practical option, especially considering the consumer price point of the H. The system would likely need to increase in cost a couple grand or more to allow for motor, ESC, propeller, camera, and gimbal upgrades to get the job done.

Serious inspection work needs something like a StediDrone or AscTec Falcon-8 to be truly viable. Essentially purpose built.

I have to put a plug in here for Aryon Labs (a company local to my home town) I think you are paying 25,000 - 125000 for their system but it will do anything you want.. and if it doesn't I'm pretty sure they will custom create what you need...

These are work drones though. Military, police and serious inspection companies.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That's what I did. I paid $350 for the extra camera from ebay and sent it to Peau Productions to add the 8.25mm. The change out is really simple and I like the added versatility of having 2 different focal lengths. It 's all we have for now.

I'm sure once they figure out how much more people will be willing to pay for an interchangeable camera/lens system such will be offered.
For reference, a CGO3+ camera/gimbal runs about $480 (Vertigo Drones). To compete with DJI P4P, Yuneec will need a 1" sensor. The cheapest 4k DSLR with 1" sensor that I could find was $800 (Panasonic DMC FZ1000). The cheapest 4k camcorder with 1" sensor is $1500 (Sony AX100). So, there's a range of prices. I'm guessing if Yuneec offers a new 4k camera with 1" sensor, it would be around $600.

If you could buy the new P4 camera and gimbal independent of the rest of the aircraft we might use the cost of that to gauge what Yuneec might charge for a similar sized camera and gimbal.

If people are serious about there work and they are in this business i think they will pay the price for a camera with a zoom lens or interchangeable lens. Those DJI lovers are all doing it.
i think that's the only thing yuneec is missing they need to work on there Cameras little bit more.

I agree, those that are serious pay the price. Unfortunately many of those that want the same performance don't look up the price of systems that have lens change and zoom capability, expecting to obtain them at the price of a basic unit. A Steadidrone with a better camera and 180 vertical tilt gimbal will set us back $7k+. A Falcon 8 equipped with an a7 goes out the door for well over $20k. Alta 8 with a MoVi M10 IS the industry standard for a cinema rig. An Alta hex, without camera or gimbal, goes for $11k. An Inspire adds another $3k to the basic price for the better camera. We won't see many flying an H or Phantom stepping up that far, but they would certainly like to have that kind of ability at the price they paid for either.

For reference, a CGO3+ camera/gimbal runs about $480 (Vertigo Drones). To compete with DJI P4P, Yuneec will need a 1" sensor. The cheapest 4k DSLR with 1" sensor that I could find was $800 (Panasonic DMC FZ1000). The cheapest 4k camcorder with 1" sensor is $1500 (Sony AX100). So, there's a range of prices. I'm guessing if Yuneec offers a new 4k camera with 1" sensor, it would be around $600.

I would pay $600 in a heartbeat for a 1" sensor. (Please Daddy Yuneec)

I posted on forum the following;
It is a inexpensive 4k camera, feiyu 2 axis gimbal. Works well not connected to h, but works with internal app for the camera. Did I mention inexpensive? 61 for camera, 95 for gimbal, 12.99 for mount.

20161210_092928.jpg

I posted on forum the following;
It is a inexpensive 4k camera, feiyu 2 axis gimbal. Works well not connected to h, but works with internal app for the camera. Did I mention inexpensive? 61 for camera, 95 for gimbal, 12.99 for mount.

View attachment 4321
Are you saying that it works with the Yuneec internal app for camera? What camera did you use? What's the advantage over the CGO3+?

I don't know if it works with internal app, as the camera is completely different. The camera is F68 4K Ultra HD 170 Degree Wide Angle 12MP WiFi Action Camera does not have advantage except for various functions different from cg03+. I just wanted a spare camera during service on my cg03+. I modified the mount to add the 2axis gimbal to the setup. This was no different that having a gimbal and gopro on my old hex setup. You set camera to record and fly, the gimbal is leveling only. The controls are on the gimbal but not used on this because i don't know programming of st16+ yet!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval