Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting TV News Story

Reaction score
Story about drone usage and the pandemic. Despite the headline, spying only a small part of the story.

Thanks for posting that. Read the story this morning and thought about posting, but didn’t.

There was another associated article more specific to China’s data collection along with defense and business IP theft. The story painted a picture of a very extensive problem.

First clue, Fox News,

I don't think there's much merit in the idea that the Chinese are using hobby drones to spy, I mean like what kind of intel are they going to get that they can't get just watching any of our news stations?

Reactions: WernerJB
Here's another thought,

Just how advanced would our civilization be if we, the entire planet shared in the development of technology & science ?

Can't even wrap my mind around that one,,,,,,,

Greed,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Mike Irish
Capitalism. Without it there would be little to share as there would be little incentive to create. There are numerous examples that could be cited but I’ll use just two; the old USSR and China, who have both made it a point since WWII to steal as much American technology as they can obtain. The USSR because the felt they had to keep up, China because they lack the creativity and because it’s cheaper that way.

As for small drone intel, people need to get out from under the rock they’ve been living under. During the Libyan conflict various world military agencies located targets using small drones that could not be found using other means.

It’s not just about targets, small drones can and do capture tremendous amounts of info relative to things “knowledge critical” pertaining to schedules, staffing, and other important things. The “big picture” is built on thousands of pieces of “small” information. Anyone that has been associated with military drone operations know that.

My guess from the news room: "We've got a drone script. We need 120 seconds of drone B-roll footage"
They missed an opportunity to mention that China can get telemetry logs of DJI flights.

Reactions: Mike Irish
First clue, Fox News,

I don't think there's much merit in the idea that the Chinese are using hobby drones to spy, I mean like what kind of intel are they going to get that they can't get just watching any of our news stations?
maybe down the road they could get thermal cameras to pick out someone with elevated heat. i.e. headache...

You know what the C in C.O.V.I.D. is an abbreviation for, yes? If you don’t, it represents China.

You’re being tongue in cheek, right PatR?

On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. The new name of this disease is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated as COVID-19. In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.

Reactions: Rubik
Interesting comments all. I would have to say I am getting tired of staying in as part of the group that is supposed to stay away from others, (the 60+). I don't trust some of the areas thinking they are going to open up with the pandemic in the US areas still finding new cases every day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie