Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Internal Comparison of DJI Phantom 3 vs Yuneec Q500

Reaction score
Found this on another forum

"Recently, I was lucky enough to get a scrapped Phantom 3 Advanced, so I took it apart to take a look inside. I was impressed by how neatly organized it was. I’m pretty nitpicky and I admit I’d have to try hard to find something to complain about.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg

After taking apart the Phantom 3 I got to thinking. What does the inside of other drones look like? I did some digging and found a series of disassembly photos of another new drone. To say I was shocked would be a little bit of an understatement.

8.jpg

On the outside, this drone looks pretty slick, like a cross between a space ship and sci-fi helicopter. Maybe something from Avatar. But on he inside it almost looks like it was thrown together. Having seen its insides, I’m a little bit nervous about seeing one flying. If something comes loose, will it crash?

9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’ve opened up a bit of a wormhole. I’m going to keep looking for more drone teardowns, but in the meantime I’m feeling pretty confident in saying that only one of these two drones looks like it’ll be reliable enough to be your go-to drone.

I agree the single board of the Phantom 3 looks nice but your pick of the Q500 was of one torn apart by someone, not it its just opened state. The second pictures you have are of the ST10 transmitter, not the insides of the drone, and again it appears that someone has been mucking about with it. I have seen both open and they are pretty organized, just not a single board like the P3

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Quote from another Forum about this.

"Looks like you joined here just to talk smack. If so, you're barking up the wrong tree. There are plenty of DJI fan boy forums out there. This is not one of them."

What is the purpose of this?

Reactions: Subtle Shots
In Yuneec defense........what happens when a speed control burns up? On the Phantom, you can replace the entire, expensive as **** circuit board or on the Q500 you can replace just one inexpensive component. DJI is great at making money Yuneec is great at costumer service. I don't get the point of your post either. How bout you go hang out in the Phantom forums with the rest of the trolls!!!

In Yuneec defense........what happens when a speed control burns up? On the Phantom, you can replace the entire, expensive as **** circuit board or on the Q500 you can replace just one inexpensive component. DJI is great at making money Yuneec is great at costumer service. I don't get the point of your post either. How bout you go hang out in the Phantom forums with the rest of the trolls!!!
Hmmm, polite here but trashes the Yuneec on the Phantom forum...Can you say "troll" or two-faced... Read it here... DJI vs Yuneec Build Quality
The fellow is entitled to his opinion, period. I personally own both and don't really care what you fly. Just have to add that my yuneec q500 has lost a motor and speed controller that I replaced and working with all the tiny screws and stuffing the esc back into the craft was a pain in the ***. Propellers aren't to expensive either. The DJI pro 3 has never given a problem and ll fly circles around the q500 but the Q has a great camera . To each his own his own so fly what you got and enjoy... Oh and by the way, if you put on an different antenna trying to increase the transmitter range you will void your warranty.

If I was making a drone - I would make it modular as they do crash. The one picture with the huge long circuit board is bad as if that drone crashes and the crash flexed the circuit board to snap it or damage it - then you are done.

The Yuneec has separate modules for CPU in the middle which supplies the ESC's with PWM speed and power
The compass is discrete
as is the TX/RX radio
and the ESC's.

I have crashed my Typhoon G 5 times and ever damaged any internal boards.

If I had a drone with a huge internal circuit board I am sure I would have cracked that board and then the drone goes into the trash.

Reactions: Sirwilliam70

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval