Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

iOS App update includes FPV Mode & Joystick control

Reaction score
I see that Yuneec updated the iOS app to include FPV as a mode. If you go thru the setup it scans for a bluetooth controller and directs you to connect game controller to mobile phone, wear googles and control drone with game controller. Anyone else have any more information?

Reactions: zandoli
Looks great. Nice to see continuous updates and features. I'm new with my Breeze. Will it support PS3 controllers? Anyone know of a good phone clip?

I saw it at the UK Drone Show - it's a cool little controller (like a Playstation thing) and the goggles fit your phone. It's awesome to fly!

Reactions: zandoli
Here is YouTube video of Breeze being flown with joystick at U.K. Drone Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested in knowing if in fpv mode, how do you adjust the camera tilt angle. Perhaps the D-pad on the controller? Love to hear from someone who has tried it out. Thanks.

I tried with the made for apple steel series nimbus last night but it is not reconized by the app.

I received the Yuneec FPV Controller and goggle kit today. I don't have a lot of time right now but wanted to get the initial impressions out. The kit comes with the controller, goggles and phone mounting bracket.

The remote is the GameSir G3 remote like you'd find on Amazon for about $30 but with the Yuneec label printed on it. I've attached a picture of the front and back of the remote. The back picture shows the button combo to connect to the app/phone for Android (A + Home) and iOS (Y + Home). For the Breeze you need to use the Power button as the Home button. The power button is the blue button in the middle of the two joysticks.

I've also included a photo from the app of what you get when you push the R2 button. This will give you all the basic commands for using the controller.

I only flew inside as it was too late when I got home and winter here in Wisconsin after 6 inches of snow yesterday. I spent a few minutes hovering around and the Breeze seemed to respond very well except for drifting inside a little. To take off you need to hold down the Start button (10 o'clock to the "X" button) for 3 seconds. There will be a 3-2-1 countdown displayed on the phone as well. You also need to hold the Start button down to land. I need to maneuver to where I was going to land and then hold the button. Pulling the joystick down would not land the Breeze.

The googles I didn't get anytime with tonight. They are pretty simple but the one good thing is I could keep my case on my iPhone 7+ and the clamp held the phone in place very well. Also the removal adapter used to mount your phone to the controller is very simple but works well. It also holds my iPhone 7+ with the case on.

And yes the D pad adjusts the camera. It is not smooth but does it in steps so you need to press the D pad for each movement. At least that's how it worked for me.

That's all I've got time for tonight. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Reactions: Wim and Brent D
Thank you for the info. Little disappointed by the stepped camera tilt. But seems great otherwise.

Is this (cheap, hurray!) GameSir G3 controller indeed 'instable' with an iPhone as www.gamesir.hk claims?

4. If you want use it on iOS device, you may give a try as indicated in the GameSir Manual, please be noted that the unstable performance on iOS device is not covered by GameSir Warranty.

Please, post experiences!!!

-> Do other controllers work with an iPhone???

I didn't notice any instability but again I'm only able to fly indoors and I only had a short time testing. I did get a lot of drifting by the drone but I don't think it had to do with the controller. The instability might have to do with the camera stepping movement of the D pad.

I think if you do buy a GameSir make sure it's a G3 without any letter designations after the 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the gamesir g3s controller online (Black) and tried it on LGV10 android marshmallow. So far no luck. The breeze app recognizes the bluetooth controller and connects to it but unfortunately the buttons don't work. So, I'm sending back my g3s and wait for the yuneec version.

Must be the g3s controller firmware that makes the difference?

JDBull wrote it must be the 3G, not the 3GS...
But www.gamesir.hk states the same restrictions (for iOS) for the 3GS as for the 3G.
So, what's wise?
Is the Yuneec controller adapted?

Hmmmn. interesting. I followed the comment in youtube that he bought a g3s but he tried it on an IOS not Android. Might not be able to try out the g3. Busy at work these days. Hope somebody can attest to the G3 controller.

Btw, G3 controller is about 20$ and the G3s is around 25$ when I bought it. It would be nice if this G3 works! Its cheaper and no need to wait for the yuneec version. Saves more than half the price. That is, if someone could attest to the G3.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I returned my G3s and exchanged it for a G3. Expecting it to arrive this Saturday. Will update here when it arrives.

Would have been nice if Yuneec said "compatiable with the yuneec fpv googles and controller" rather than "Bluetooth controller"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval