Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IR Question

Reaction score
Can someone please tell
me the proper way to
check my Batteries IR ?
Full half full or does it
even matter.
Thanks. Keith Kuhn

It's been a while but I do not remember that the storage/full status affects IR readings. You need a 3rd party charger, that has IR Reading included in the various charge functions of that charger. Just do a search Keith... there are dozens of threads that will come up for "3rd party battery chargers".

The difficulty will be finding the charger cables specific to the H... but many, have simply modified the OEM charger with the addition of standard charger leads, which can then be connected to any 3rd party chargers.

The Hitec X2 AC is still a good choice...

Hitec X2 AC

It's been a while but I do not remember that the storage/full status affects IR readings. You need a 3rd party charger, that has IR Reading included in the various charge functions of that charger. Just do a search Keith... there are dozens of threads that will come up for "3rd party battery chargers".

The difficulty will be finding the charger cables specific to the H... but many, have simply modified the OEM charger with the addition of standard charger leads, which can then be connected to any 3rd party chargers.

The Hitec X2 AC is still a good choice...

Hitec X2 AC

I have the charger that is
Capable of checking
the IR.
Just wondering if it matters when checking.
Full or at 14.4 V

I’ve never learned of the “perfect” way to check IR. However, I know that IR increases with a battery’s internal temperature, with temperature increasing when the battery is under load.

Because of that I record IR in 3 battery states.

1) After charging while still hot.

2) With a full charge after the battery has cooled down from the charging process.

2) At storage voltage, battery cool.

I’ve never learned of the “perfect” way to check IR. However, I know that IR increases with a battery’s internal temperature, with temperature increasing when the battery is under load.

Because of that I record IR in 3 battery states.

1) After charging while still hot.

2) With a full charge after the battery has cooled down from the charging process.

2) At storage voltage, battery cool.

Thanks Pat I can accept that as a fair answer.
Keith Kuhn

The main object is to test at the same charge level and temperature each time.
For me, storage is the easiest.
PatR's is the most through.

Also know that your charger may not be precisely calibrated from cell to cell.
What we're looking for is change over time.
The red flag is when one cell starts to get higher than its last test.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
The main object is to test at the same charge level and temperature each time.
For me, storage is the easiest.
PatR's is the most through.

Also know that your charger may not be precisely calibrated from cell to cell.
What we're looking for is change over time.
The red flag is when one cell starts to get higher than its last test.

Thank you so much
for the info.
Keith Kuhn

Generally in flight a warm temperature lowers IR compared to very cold temperatures raising IR.

I don't remember at this
time.
I downloaded an app. I put all my batteries on it numbered, put in your readings, charge state, you can add notes etc and scan a code to quickly input details, helps with rotation of batteries too.

I downloaded an app. I put all my batteries on it numbered, put in your readings, charge state, you can add notes etc and scan a code to quickly input details, helps with rotation of batteries too.
what was the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval