Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Breeze worth it at $149?

Reaction score
Newbie here....

I get the feeling from reading through the various threads that Yuneec has gone into radio silence on the Breeze and in fact it's other products. I even tried sending the company a pre-sales question and after 5 days, they haven't responded.

I like the idea of a 4K image EIS to 1080p but I'm wondering if I'm just buying a completely orphaned product from a company that won't support them. Also, I see a number of updates that are hard to find so if I DID buy a Breeze from Walmart, what specifically would I need to do to it? Last but not least, Banggood is selling the Visuo XS812 for $102 (1080p) with 3 batteries for $103. I know the video wouldn't be as good but it might be a good starter?

Thanks!

I will probably be lampooned for this. But no in my opinion it's not. Dont get me wrong it's a good little drone but there are other options for less than 150 that would be a better purchase.

If you are limited to the 150 dollar range and you want 4K video(or EIS 1080P) then this is a really good choice and I have not seen another drone with the features of the breeze for the price. BUT if you have another 150 to 200 dollars you have significantly more and probably better options.

I'm not sure what you're expecting from Yuneec? They aren't going add features or extend range and in my opinion this is a nice stable little "camera" drone.

That said it has some serious downsides that quickly had me upgrading.

1) It's range is horrible and what you'll spend on wifi repeaters and tricks to avoid the geo fence you can get a better drone.
2) Batteries do not have a long shelf life(I've already had 2 go to pot in 6 months) and are expensive for their lifespan.
3) The app is crap, it crashes A LOT and fails to talk to the drone even more often.
4) video download is very slow and no sd card.
5) Video quality is amazing, but I hate EIS and losing 4k to get it.

If you want a drone to play with as your first drone without worrying about losing a fortune when you crash and want some decent video, buy the breeze

If you even remotely want to go more than a couple hundred feet, then buy something else
if you need to fly more than 10 minutes, buy something else
if you want stable 4k video buy something else

You can get a q500 4k for 300 used, an H for 500 used, or TBH DJI is selling refurbed mavic pros for 599.

I have the q500 4k and I love it, but range and battery life are not quite as advertised and I really want something closer to breeze size with q500 camera features. Seriously considering a refurbed Mavic Pro. I know people here hate DJI, but I've never had one so I'm unbiased and comparing features and reviews including complaints about DJI as a company.

If you are limited to the 150 dollar range and you want 4K video(or EIS 1080P) then this is a really good choice and I have not seen another drone with the features of the breeze for the price. BUT if you have another 150 to 200 dollars you have significantly more and probably better options.

I'm not sure what you're expecting from Yuneec? They aren't going add features or extend range and in my opinion this is a nice stable little "camera" drone.

That said it has some serious downsides that quickly had me upgrading.

1) It's range is horrible and what you'll spend on wifi repeaters and tricks to avoid the geo fence you can get a better drone.
2) Batteries do not have a long shelf life(I've already had 2 go to pot in 6 months) and are expensive for their lifespan.
3) The app is crap, it crashes A LOT and fails to talk to the drone even more often.
4) video download is very slow and no sd card.
5) Video quality is amazing, but I hate EIS and losing 4k to get it.

If you want a drone to play with as your first drone without worrying about losing a fortune when you crash and want some decent video, buy the breeze

If you even remotely want to go more than a couple hundred feet, then buy something else
if you need to fly more than 10 minutes, buy something else
if you want stable 4k video buy something else

You can get a q500 4k for 300 used, an H for 500 used, or TBH DJI is selling refurbed mavic pros for 599.

I have the q500 4k and I love it, but range and battery life are not quite as advertised and I really want something closer to breeze size with q500 camera features. Seriously considering a refurbed Mavic Pro. I know people here hate DJI, but I've never had one so I'm unbiased and comparing features and reviews including complaints about DJI as a company.
People always talk of video only. What I personally like the Breeze for is doing photos. You get pretty decent quality with that, EIS doesn't play a role. The Breeze then is just a vehicle to get you to that unusual perspective...

People always talk of video only. What I personally like the Breeze for is doing photos. You get pretty decent quality with that, EIS doesn't play a role. The Breeze then is just a vehicle to get you to that unusual perspective...
I agree, it does well with photos, but while EIS doesn't play a role, the lack of a gimbal does. But still for 150 dollars the camera on the breeze is amazing.

I thought I would love the breeze/ NOT. I have spent $300 on tablets that it will not connect to. it will connect to my Samsung ph. but after flying for a min or two loses signal and has a mind of it's own. camera gimbal has not worked at all. just makes a noise. and trying to get support is a joke. better to buy the $99 dji TELLO. I love mine.

sounds like you got a defective unit, you should(or should have) returned it. Also there is no gimbal, just a moto to change angle. Unless you're going to fly indoors, I can't imagine recommending the tello over the breeze. Same range, breeze is faster with better features and a MUCH MUCH better camera, but I would not fly inside unless you have a large area.

Thanks for the honest replies guys. For some reason I thought the Breeze HAD an SD card slot. The fact that it doesn't is a deal killer for me. Maybe I'll wait for the Hubsan Zino to shake out.

Thanks for the honest replies guys. For some reason I thought the Breeze HAD an SD card slot. The fact that it doesn't is a deal killer for me. Maybe I'll wait for the Hubsan Zino to shake out.

The Breeze has an internal 16GB SD card. It is not removeable, and must be formatted through the Breeze app.

The Breeze has an internal 16GB SD card. It is not removeable, and must be formatted through the Breeze app.
... and the fastest way to get your video and photo files off from the Breeze is to use the USB cable to connect to your computer. Not using a removable SD card is actually one of the better design decisions that Yuneec made for the Breeze, in my mind.
Still, with the Zino and similar birds at much less than traditional DJI pricing now appearing, I would also wait for a while before I make a decision. It is quite certain that Breeze prices won't increase again, I guess.

I have only had my breeze a few weeks. At first I was a little disappointed.But the more I fly it I don't think you can bet it
at a $150.

Well, I think its worth the price, since you get the controller and a decent return policy from Walmart. I have two (2) and during the past three months, went thru three bad ones (all went back within thirty days) because of a broken IR glass on when first opened, lack of operation after over heating on two others. But I have good ones now and want to point out without the help and support of those on this site, I would have given up months ago... especially after getting support and advice for what to do about the heating problem from DoomMeister. For what I have learned, all models whether it be DJI products or Yuneec, or others have had failures and fly offs. I believe you get what you pay, but in this day, most of us spend money without thinking and often get little return. So have some fun and be safe. My first drone was $29 and did have a camera but would get away from me in the wind. Still have it and it survives crashes because it is so light.

I am on my 3rd Breeze drone. First 2 malfunctioned by loosing connection and crashed. With great support from Best Buy I have found the one I have now is fantastic. Have used it many times and have taken some really great photos. Only real issue that I found was getting support from Yuneec . They are very hard to get in contact with or get any real support. I got mine for $300 however at the regular price of $500 in Canada I would lean towards something possibly better.

Yuneec CS is grossly understaffed. All phone support has to be scheduled through their website. Getting Live Chat is like trying to roll snake eyes 100 times in a row. Support tickets only get answered when they have sat on the server for weeks and get get deleted without so much as a howdy do to the customer submitting it.

I’m also tired of Yuneec CS making out like the senior members here with years of experience troubleshooting and fixing Yuneec aircraft as well as being able to analyze telemetry being a bunch of self righteous dumbasses that don’t have a clue about the troubles folks are having with Yuneec aircraft.

I think Yuneec needs to consider adding one or two more CS call centers in the US alone and not on Pacific surfer time.

Newbie here....

I get the feeling from reading through the various threads that Yuneec has gone into radio silence on the Breeze and in fact it's other products. I even tried sending the company a pre-sales question and after 5 days, they haven't responded.

I like the idea of a 4K image EIS to 1080p but I'm wondering if I'm just buying a completely orphaned product from a company that won't support them. Also, I see a number of updates that are hard to find so if I DID buy a Breeze from Walmart, what specifically would I need to do to it? Last but not least, Banggood is selling the Visuo XS812 for $102 (1080p) with 3 batteries for $103. I know the video wouldn't be as good but it might be a good starter?

Thanks!
Might be if your order Evers arrive...and btw have you ever tried to contact Banggood? Wow...they make Yuneec seem highly responsive for the hurdles they erected so go for it. I eventually got my “waterproof” drone that used a drone picture of the 1200 dollar fishing drone many already know. It only took 2.6 months but I just ignored the issue until it finally arrived. (a very cheap, little red drone that might be waterproof but I won’t test it. ever. Good Luck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig