Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the Law Realaxing in Our Favor ?

Reaction score
Hey Guys, check this video out of a confrontation with a NY police officer and a drone pilot, though I don't think I would choose to film a police station, (I have prettier things to film) It is cool that he can do it ! And boy, I bet that officer felt like a jerk. Check it out !

I do not in any way approve of flying over police stations /prisons or private areas. I follow FAA regulations, my point is that law enforcement and others (including us) need to be better educated on what we can and what we cannot do !. Right now it is everyone's own take on the regulations, we need it clear and fair for all !

Reactions: clackey
I agree with you,
Maybe not the best place to prove are rights, as of now it's legal, but eventually if it keeps happening there will be laws regarding where we can't fly,
All that said kudos to the pilot, I don't think I would have had the nerve...

Reactions: DroneClone
I agree with you,
Maybe not the best place to prove are rights, as of now it's legal, but eventually if it keeps happening there will be laws regarding where we can't fly,
All that said kudos to the pilot, I don't think I would have had the nerve...
Neither would !

i see nothing wrong with this video but why make an enemy of the state police especially if you live there and why fly over the state police head quarters , makes no seance it's just a building , unless you are using the video for some type of surveillance , all they need to know is the plate number of your car , your done . in this video it looks like he was looking for a confrontation , luckily he had the law on his side . we don't need this type of confrontation it's not good for our hobby . walk away ,better yet don' go there .
fly safe

I agree, except flying by a 4 lane road, with High Voltage lines above head, not so smart , plus you know that officer has a real bad taste of drone flyers in his mouth now, not good !

I do not in any way approve of flying over police stations /prisons or private areas. I follow FAA regulations, my point is that law enforcement and others (including us) need to be better educated on what we can and what we cannot do !. Right now it is everyone's own take on the regulations, we need it clear and fair for all !
Exactly D.C. We have to be respectful and don't do something just because you can,one bad apple will spoil the bunch.i go through crap like that constantly while prospecting on my own private gold claim or public land.you have to know the laws inside and out this day in time.i do think that jailbreak song by thin Lizzy would have made better background music.

Reactions: DroneClone
Exactly D.C. We have to be respectful and don't do something just because you can,one bad apple will spoil the bunch.i go through crap like that constantly while prospecting on my own private gold claim or public land.you have to know the laws inside and out this day in time.i do think that jailbreak song by thin Lizzy would have made better background music.
Or "Fool for the City" by Boston, naw, I like Thin Lizzy better !

Or "Fool for the City" by Boston, naw, I like Thin Lizzy better !
That guy knew how to push that guys buttons,got be careful a lot of these guys are fresh out of the service and have been subjected to a lot of **** everyday over there and now we have a whole different generation of police and civil servants that officer was close to putting his *** down.that guy sounded **** near scripted,D.C.

i see nothing wrong with this video but why make an enemy of the state police especially if you live there and why fly over the state police head quarters , makes no seance it's just a building , unless you are using the video for some type of surveillance , all they need to know is the plate number of your car , your done . in this video it looks like he was looking for a confrontation , luckily he had the law on his side . we don't need this type of confrontation it's not good for our hobby . walk away ,better yet don' go there .
fly safe
911 changed the way all that is perceived,your so right this is our hobby and we have to show that with the regulations we have now are good enough,don't need rule changes.

That guy knew how to push that guys buttons,got be careful a lot of these guys are fresh out of the service and have been subjected to a lot of **** everyday over there and now we have a whole different generation of police and civil servants that officer was close to putting his *** down.that guy sounded **** near scripted,D.C.

if there was no camera or phone recording this video i bet there would have been a different out come .
fly safe

Yeah, it was probably his brother in law and the Chief was his Father and they rigged the video, I can almost smell it was rigged !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval