Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a panoramic mode for H520?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to use H520 for a multiple automatic mode to create a series of pictures to stitch them later into a 360 degree aerial equirectangular panorama but found that only H has a panoramic mode.

However after I found the following page https://www.yuneec.com/en_GB/company/news/h520-software-update-1-8-0-1-6-5.html I can see there the following
  • Fixed missing photos in panorama mode

under e90.

I have just updated everything to the latest versions but I still cannot find panoramic mode anywhere in DataPilot. Am I missing something? If they just mention it for H or H Plus(even though the page says it is for h520) is there any third party reliable app that can do a panoramic mode for H520?

Reactions: aedronix
I am also looking for this mode ...

I guess it is just a mistake or something related to e90 camera when it is used on another model.

I still have an option to use my Mavic Pro with Litchi app which has a panoramic mode. But I would prefer to do it with my H520. So far though I have only seen how it is done on Typhoon H.

The firmware you are looking for does not exist, but it's easy enough to manually fly the H520 to take photos for a pano. However, due to distortions in the images, I have not succeeded in satisfactorily stitching a pano of more than 2 photos. There seem to be differences between E90s in the amount of distortion that is produced and others may have had more success.

Yes, we can do it, but the method is a bit more complex. It is not a question of photographing but of filming while leaving the H520 in stationary. Preferably to make a day without too much wind.
Put the H520 in position.
A) - Mount the camera upwards
- Start recording.
- Start the automatic rotation of the nacelle (slow). Once 360 ° achieved, mount the switch to return the basket to 0. Stop recording.
B) - Lower the camera by 20 to 30 ° (look on the screen to keep a vertical overlap).
- Start recording.
- Start the automatic rotation of the nacelle (slow). Once again 360 ° made, mount the switch to return the basket to 0. Stop recording.
C-D-E) Repeat this operation until the camera is at 0 ° at the bottom
Now you do not have photos, but several 360-degree video sequences from different angles but with photas in them.

Now, it is enough in each sequence to take an image between 1 image every two seconds to 1 image every 5 seconds.
So here you are with an image bank covering an area of -30 to 0 ° over 360 °. Then just do the assembly.
This way of doing things is longer to make the result positive.
I do it in 3840 50p and I prefer the quality of the images of the H520 to that of the Inspire.
It's sort of a variation of the Pano photos that the H520 does not have but it has a camera rotation that is very fluid.

Reactions: aedronix
I guess it is just a mistake or something related to e90 camera when it is used on another model.

I still have an option to use my Mavic Pro with Litchi app which has a panoramic mode. But I would prefer to do it with my H520. So far though I have only seen how it is done on Typhoon H.
I'm waiting to see more features, including Pano offered to H520 too.

At this stage, your MP with Litchi or Go4 app will probably produce results needed with the least effort. The Litchi newer versions enhanced their Pano and Pano Sphere modes and I've enjoyed PTGui for Pano work after you've post-worked the photos to your preference.

At this stage, your MP with Litchi or Go4 app will probably produce results needed with the least effort.

I did not even know there is a pano mode in DJI GO until I saw a bunch of videos about it today. I am going to try it soon and decide which drone I am going to keep. I would prefer my H520 over my mavic pro but since there is no panorama mode in H520 and seems to be no 3rd party software for h520 that can do it it with h520 is most likely I will have to part with H520 :-(

I in two minutes and manually capture all the photos necessary for a complete parorama. It's very simple, better if it was programmed, but it's not much of a problem. In the quality of the image the difference has to be noticeable a lot :rolleyes:

Sorry I saw you mention it before and ignored it. I do not want to do it manually. Most places of where I need to do it will be no fly zone, probably need to tether my drone with some wire. I just want to be up for as less time as possible.

As an option may be swap my h520 with some H that has a pano mode. Is this mode in all Hs(H H Plus, H real Sense and H480)?

Thanks mate, I will try to reach to Haydn. May be he has some second hand H and do not mind to swap with my h520. Otherwise I will just put my h520 and mavic pro for sale and get some H instead. If anybody's here want to swap their H please send me a personal message.

Thanks mate, I will try to reach to Haydn. May be he has some second hand H and do not mind to swap with my h520. Otherwise I will just put my h520 and mavic pro for sale and get some H instead. If anybody's here want to swap their H please send me a personal message.
For the investment you've already made in the H520... and for the price you can pick up a H or Hpro, I'd probably retain the H520 for now hopeful new enhancements will eventually arrive.

I personally find the H520 files so much more controlled than the Hpro... I think it's a platform waiting to perform.

At current time, if I was to purge and reinvest... a H520 would be swapped for a M2P with a 2nd gimbal... a Zoom gimbal in side case.

The stabilty and it's stock app features and the features available via 3rd party are quite impressive. Check out the newly developed DroneLink, totally refreshed method to plan missions of various tasks. Blending a Pano with Flyby, with any other operation... switching between photo & video... I think you'll see this product and others introduce some nice features. Combined with the M2P/Z, lot of potential. If not following the DroneLink development, it is the new product by the Developer of AutoPilot.

I wouldn't step back to a H just to gain Pano feature when so many new features & technology in autonomous programming are available for about the value you'll receive for your resale H520. Althogh, I'd retain and add to inventory if possible.

Last edited:
That all said, you targeting your exchange to include USA? I have a very low usage Hpro RS in backpack I'd be happy to deal... depending on the $$ be included.... don't need it, but if a great buy, I'd consider adding a 2nd H520. ;)

At this point I would prefer some local swap/sale because of international shipping and insurance cost that will add up a lot to both ends. If I cannot swap or sell it locally I will extent it worldwide.

At this point I would prefer some local swap/sale because of international shipping and insurance cost that will add up a lot to both ends. If I cannot swap or sell it locally I will extent it worldwide.
I realized that... I was just throwing out there... more humorously. Good luck with your swap.

Hi guys,

I am back and still looking to use my h520 for taking 360. No surprise that Yuneec still has not added it to DataPilot
However I believe we as community can make any H520 take 360 automatically ourselves through DataPilot Planner.

Of course it will be hard to plan it for flights where you do not exactly know what location should be. But we can make a plan file that contains only commands for pitch. yawn angle and taking pictures. It just need to have no commands for taking off, movements and landing and purely trigger the gimbal and camera only.
Then anyone can grab this file load it into DataPlilot after they put their H520 in desired position for required spot for 360 and let it hover executing the plan file.

Is anybody here good enough with commands used in their planner to write something like this?
I may try to do it myself but I am new to these commands and most likely will have to go through a lot of trials and errors until I make it work. This of course is not possible as I am most likely to loose my h520 on the first error.

• Love
Reactions: geoek
Have to agree, surprised over the year‘s time... additional features haven’t been added to the H520. Was optimistic new FW would address several new features and some minor problematic issues... that hasn’t happened.

Had my H520 out a short time back, charge & cycle batteries on a few flights, update FW and re-examine potential. Still fussy at times to connect camera & video. Was a bit surprised the range being so short (in comparison to I2 or M2P) when received message on RC and RTH is triggered. FW updates didn’t change map updates being sluggish or not completing. Range is a concern and wouldn’t use within city construction survey sites. Overall, I do like the way it flies when within range, and really enjoy how quite and soft tone it flies.

I’ll continue to retain the H520, hopeful it’ll still improve. But it’s beginning to look like it may not happen... direction may have changed to newer models.

Reactions: Wingman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval