Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a Yuneec Sim out there for a Mac?

I suggest to take that money and spend it on an inexpensive quad - ~$50 at B&H or Amazon.
Way more fun and since they are small you can fly them just about anywhere. They normally can take a lot of crashing too.

Thanks,
#1 I'm in Oz, can't get delivery from those 2
#2 I've already got Syma X8W, and done my "basic training"
But want to try the more advanced type without damage whilst learning maneuvers!
Appreciate the reply though, but the question remains, is there a sim for any drone for a Mac (using a Yuneec TX?)

Hi,

To emulate a Windows plateform on your Mac to use Yuneec UAV Pilot simulator software for Windows, you need to install an cross-platform virtualization application like Free Oracle Virtual Box:
Oracle VM VirtualBox

Oracle Virtual Box online user manual in html:
Oracle VM VirtualBox®

Create a virtual 64 or 32 bits machine, with the maximum video memories and install Windows XP for example.
Windows XP image for example with this link:
Windows XP SP3 ISO Download | Get into PC

In the seetings of your virtual machine:
  • activation of 2D and 3D video acceleration;
  • creation of serial port COM1 or COM2; .....

Yuneec UAV Pilot simulator need Direct3D acceleration installation to run...
For that, from your virtual machine, in the “Devices” menu in the virtual machine’s menu bar, VirtualBox has a handy menu item named “Insert Guest Additions CD image”, which mounts the Guest Additions ISO file inside your virtual machine. A Windows guest should then automatically start the Guest Additions installer, which installs the Guest Additions into your Windows guest. Other guest operating systems (or if automatic start of software on CD is disabled) need manual start of the installer

To emulated an USB 2.0 or 3 controller (USB 1 without extension pack), you need to install the freeVirtualBox extension pack with the same version as your installed version of VirtualBox in this page:
Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox

To finish, install Yuneec UAV Pilot software (.exe file) from your Windows session with the web navigator:
UAV PILOT

Don't forget to plug the Yuneec USB Simu-connector and to keep your ST10+ with you.

I use MacPro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 6 GB DDR3 and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). UAV Pilot simulator run but not speed as on a PC, I think ;-)

Ideally, Yuneec could offers a Mac version for us in the future ;-)

Enjoy and talk about your experience,

Denis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots