Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there some secret to consistent recording ??

Reaction score
Out of 4 attempts today , only actually recorded a full length video.
The rest recorded about 10-30 seconds before stopping.
Using the wizard in smart/watch me, ST16 for camera control. Here's my process
Start st16, start H, start wizard
take off , use wizard to position H
Use st16 to get shot centered
Hit record, verify it is recording - usually watch 3-5 seconds
Comence activity
When I come back, I find video is no longer recording.

When using the st16 for everything, I have also had similar auto stop video

What an I missing? Seems pretty random.

Try seeing if recording at 1080 is more consistent... if so, your microSD card is having difficulty keeping up with the amount of data transferred at 4K. If this is the case, you need a faster microSD card... you should be looking for a U3 card that can write at 80 mbs or better.

Also note, that it is completely normal for your video files to be automatically split up into 5 minute clips. They can be seamlessly combined in post.

Last edited:
Try seeing if recording at 1080 is more consistent... if so, your microSD card is having difficulty keeping up with the amount of data transferred at 4K. If this is the case, you need a faster microSD card... you should be looking for a U3 card that can write at 80 mbs or better.

Also note, that it is completely normal for your video files to be automatically split up into 5 minute clips. They can be seamlessly combined in post.
Have always had it at 1080, mainly because for now that is all I need

Sandisk is what I use U3 compatible 128gb also have to turn the ST16 off before turning off the aircraft I think

With all things RC the on-off process sequence should always be Tx on, Rx on, Rx off, Tx off. The addition of FPV and video cameras added one more; never turn on a video transmitter unless the antennas are installed. The H added one more; always stop a video before turning off the aircraft.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The camera will accept and effectively use a 128gig card. The 16gig card provided with the H is adequate for uploading firmware upgrades and downloading data from the ST-16. It is too slow, and too low in capacity, for 4k video, and not really adequate for 1080 video. It is acceptable for 720 video. Essentially the 16gig card is provided as a means to store instructional references for the end user and as a means to service the system. The selection of a video card suitable for the level of intended video resolution is up to the owner.

We might assume people intending to record UHD video have educated themselves in the area they wish to participate, and that education would include the data writing and play back speeds of data storage devices relative to the video quality level they wish to record. Recording in 4k video can cause a card to receive a full gigabyte of data for every minute of video, so the write speed must be quite fast, in excess of 80Mb/s, for good and consistent recording quality. 90Mb/s is acceptable, with 100Mb/s preferable. The card should be able to write much more data than the camera can generate over a given period of time. The manufacturer has no way of knowing what the end user intends to do with the product. Because we buy a new multirotor system, camera, car, or anything else in no way implies there is no further accessory purchases necessary. How we intend to use them establishes that.

Last edited:
Reactions: toothandnail
rdonson is correct its too slow for 4k, someone also said they use a 128 gig was under the impression max as 64 gig
I don't buy anything larger that 32 GB. Leaving to much video on a card is not a good idea. They're easy to loose and they do break or fail occasionally.

Roger that! I use 64 gig cards but managed to lose two of them before transferring the contents...

With all things RC the on-off process sequence should always be Tx on, Rx on, Rx off, Tx off. The addition of FPV and video cameras added one more; never turn on a video transmitter unless the antennas are installed. The H added one more; always stop a video before turning off the aircraft.
So if you forget to stop video before shutting down the H you will not have said video?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder