Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Yuneec Playing a Joke On Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to update, I managed to get on the Yuneec website yesterday evening. I did an online chat with a CSR, who was extremely apologetic and willing to help me. He immediately created a new ticket, sent me a UPS label to ship this one back, and ordered a new ST10+ for me. He also asked for some photos so they could hold somebody liable, which I emailed him. Headed to UPS today. 4th time's a charm?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Just to update, I managed to get on the Yuneec website yesterday evening. I did an online chat with a CSR, who was extremely apologetic and willing to help me. He immediately created a new ticket, sent me a UPS label to ship this one back, and ordered a new ST10+ for me. He also asked for some photos so they could hold somebody liable, which I emailed him. Headed to UPS today. 4th time's a charm?
Hope they do well this time? Ball 4, next time it's a home run!

Reactions: TurboDad81
I wonder if you sent the CSR a link to this thread, if it would help them understand the effect created by service related events like this. The Yuneec CS folks used to monitor the forums pretty well. I hope they still do so, but I'm not sure.

They also use KAV in Kansas City, but overall KAV appears to be reasonably competent and I believe Yuneec maintains a presence on that site.
I just noticed as I was sticking my new UPS label to the box, that this unit came from KAV in Kansas City.

I went to kav service last week and had a nice reception. Russ answered all questions I asked and I'm lucky that I can make it to k.c. in 3 1/2 hours. If you don't have their phone no. It's on the net.

Just got my "new" ST10+ today. See anything wrong with it? IMG_20190311_210156373.jpegIMG_20190311_210203353.jpegIMG_20190311_210219656~2.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_210219656~2.jpeg
    IMG_20190311_210219656~2.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
At this point, You should not even bother with Yuneec CS. You should be on the phone with the HMFIC at Ken-A-Vision ( KAV for short ) and have them shipping a complete ST-10+ overnighted to you and keep this for spare parts for all the hassle they have put you through. This is absolutely shameful.

Heck, I’m PO’ed just seeing the hassle you have had with YCS and KAV.

Yeah, I guess tomorrow I will be calling KAV. I'm about over it. And I said "new" in my earlier post, because there's a serial number sticker over top of a different serial number sticker.

I just sent an email to KAV Services that Yuneec USA has contracted to do warranty repair for them. I urge our members to insist on alternate sources for warranty work in the US as KAV can’t even send a complete ST-10+ to one of our members.

Here is a copy of the email I sent:

You need to get online and go to this link Is Yuneec Playing a Joke On Me?.

I am utterly appalled at the service one of our members has received from your repair facility. This goes way beyond being ridiculous and makes your company look like a bunch of absolute idiots.

You can trust that I will never accept having any warranty work done on my sUAS aircraft at your facility. I will also recommend that others on our forum insist on alternate repair facilities than Ken-A-Vision. There is no excuse that can even start to justify this level of ineptitude.

Oh, man. I didn't expect that. Lol. I still plan on giving them a call at some point tomorrow. It is an absolute joke that this company got me, not once, but twice. I have seen where others have had good luck with them. This actually makes TWO Yuneec repair centers worthless to me. United Radio for 2 halfa$$ repairs and KAV for sending me a useless radio and a wrong radio. Not to mention, Yuneec dropped the ball too. My first contact with them about my issues was in May 2018, one month after buying this UAV. They never acknowledged me until October, 5 months later. I am 11 months into getting this resolved.

I have to be honest. I was very reluctant to purchase a brand new H Plus, back in November. But, I trusted all of the reviews and went for it. Lord knows, I hope the transmitter doesn't take a crap.

Last edited:
It actually looks like the case front and screen with switches. Weird. It is worrisome that Yuneec seems to farm their repairs out to 3rd parties who have no skin in the game. Another odd decision.

Cheaper that way. No training costs, no tax or work comp O/H, no payroll tax load, perhaps lower wages, and certainly lower cost per square foot of floor space. All Yuneec provides is a couple people for phone calls and chat replies. They don’t even need to maintain an executive mgmt team. With so little to manage it can all be done remotely from home.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I wonder how much money they have tied up in my issue. We're up to 8 shippings, 2 warranty repair costs, and 2 radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval