Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Issue with typhoon g

Reaction score
I have an older typhoon g. It was a refurbished unit when I purchased it off of eBay. I received a "entering 5 rotor mode" on the controller. Through research I found that it was a bad esc. The unit has sat now for over a year. I have replaced the esc for motor #2 which if I'm not mistaken would be a rear motor. So I replaced it with a rear esc. Now the motor spins backwards. I'm 90% sure I got the wiring right a. Red b. Blue and c. Black. Not sure what's causing the motor to spin backwards. Any and all help will be appreciated.

I have an older typhoon g. It was a refurbished unit when I purchased it off of eBay. I received a "entering 5 rotor mode" on the controller. Through research I found that it was a bad esc. The unit has sat now for over a year. I have replaced the esc for motor #2 which if I'm not mistaken would be a rear motor. So I replaced it with a rear esc. Now the motor spins backwards. I'm 90% sure I got the wiring right a. Red b. Blue and c. Black. Not sure what's causing the motor to spin backwards. Any and all help will be appreciated.
After replacing an ESC you must do a motor assignment by connecting the Q500 to your computer and running the GUI software. That is available for download on the Yuneec support site.

This picture is Attachment 38 in "Way To Fix Drones project".
Q500 ESC Motor Wires.jpg

Late edit:
Please note especially that the RED wire goes on the end where the ESC plug, LED wires, and the main power wires attach.
You mentioned "a. Red b. Blue and c. Black". If that refers to the letters on the ESC itself, then you have the correct order.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Yea I tried all that. Thanks guys I did however find the problem if anyone runs into this in the future. Apparently I didn't do a very clean job soldering and my blue and black leads were connected. I corrected this issue did an esc assignment updated the firmware and did a test on the GUI. Everything worked perfectly until test flight. During test flight everything initialized and the quad rotor lifted off. I started my ascent then all of the sudden I got a going to 5 rotor mode and it barrel rolled into the ground from about eye level. Guess I'm just going to have to send it to yuneec cause I'm all out of ideas. Thank you all for your help.

No my feelings are kinda hurt at the moment.....lol. I'm going to I just looked through the wtfd project and that's some really good info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval