Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's getting worse for the typhoon.

Well, Luna if you don't like it so much, put it on ebay already?!?! Same to you DerStig. Stop pooping on our floor. Jeez!
I already put in on the second hand market here in Holland. But nobody whants it sorry. But why are the typhoon H users so angry when you say something about the machine. You only get mad when there is something true of the story of the H. The camera is bad, the connection is terrible and that i think are the most important things of a drone don't you think.

Reactions: DerStig
Well, Luna if you don't like it so much, put it on ebay already?!?! Same to you DerStig. Stop pooping on our floor. Jeez!
Oh and don't forget the great software of the st16. Boy did't the really hire someone to make this. Where is my timelaps shot, my bracketing shots where is my battery level instead of that useless voltage indication.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
I already put in on the second hand market here in Holland. But nobody whants it sorry.
On every forum the same ;)
Think you should sell the H (without all accesoires). Because now the price is the same as a brand new one (without accesoires)....
Just a tip for selling your H and why nobody wants it.

I sell the typhoon h with a backpack, itelite dbs and nd filters for the same price as a new one. 1400 euro.
But still then nobody whants it after all this great reviews ;)

I sell the typhoon h with a backpack, itelite dbs and nd filters for the same price as a new one. 1400 euro.
But still then nobody whants it after all this great reviews ;)
:( Nope, so just sell the Typhoon for a 1200 euro and the sell the backback and itelite dbs and filters together for a 200 euro. Think that would give you more buyers Tasso!

I am fed up with your technical comparisons, your discussions about what if and so on... Just fly, film and show us your work bacause the only thing that interests me is the result.
I have an H, I don't know if is the worst or the best, but I've done that :

I would like those that are complaining about the camera on the H to view what Eric has produced and tell me what exactly is wrong with it. From where I'm standing that more than holds its own against other cameras?? Or am I in need of glasses?

Reactions: Chris McMillan
It's very obviously a campaign when multiple posts are about the exact same thing. The. Exact. Same. Thing. And it's also obviously a campaign when they are posts to end users and not contact with the company. What about this forum makes it an official channel to support? What is the point of flooding multiple threads with the exact same complaints, nothing but complaints, no engaging of users/posters with anything but complaints, and derailing all topics to focus on these exact complaints?

It's a campaign at that point. And if it isn't meant to be, it appears to be nothing else, and will be treated as such. No one has any reason to read the twentieth post by someone when the last nineteen were all the same. The agenda is crystal clear, and it is of no utility to anyone at all.

A broken clock is right twice a day, but no one will look at it after a while because it always provides the exact same info, which is utterly useless.

I am fed up with your technical comparisons, your discussions about what if and so on... Just fly, film and show us your work bacause the only thing that interests me is the result.
I have an H, I don't know if is the worst or the best, but I've done that :
Thank God! Someone actually gets it! Nice footage by the way...

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
"We control the horizontal and the vertical"
That quote was from "The Outer Limits" opening theme, not from "The Twilight Zone". Just sayin'......

Reactions: Michael Walker
That quote was from "The Outer Limits" opening theme, not from "The Twilight Zone". Just sayin'......

Now that is funny, DC just got OWNED! :)

Or should I say SCHOOLED! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Everyone ...

First i like my H better then my P3.

Now the problem of the camera.
Wel refocus it or better replace the lens with the 3.97mm 16megapixel lens from Peau ( 3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP(No Distortion) – Peau Productions )
a small video after the replacement of the lens
Another Video of the lens difference
another video

Using manual settings on the camera will also help.
On my DJI P3 i also use manual settings ...

Also do not forget to use ND filters and other filters

All this will help... and guys the H is a new product ... new products always have problems.

Think about what was happening with the first DJI P1 ... The first release was really bad ... ... It took them several firmware updates to get it better ...

Greetings from Belgium
Marnix

I learned about drone flying with a Phantom2 Vision+. It was OK but when I had a problem not getting FPV, I called DJI, sent it to them, it was there for 8 weeks, came back to me and still not fixed. My Phantom is sitting under my dresser. I fly Yuneecs now for work and for play.

Let me address the parts of the puzzle. lets look a the image chain from front to back. If you have a high resolution lens more information will get to the sensor, if you have a lower resolution lens it will lower the amount of information (data) that then sensor sees. Same goes for focus. Being in focus increases contrast, higher contrast is more information and that makes for more data. Being lower res reduces the processor overhead. If we were to record each and every bit that comes off the sensor and we are shooting 4K (4096x2160) at 24fps, there are three color channels (YUV) and each one is 8bit's deep (10bit would be better and 14bit is what is used for feature and TV production) and that gives a frame file size of 26.5MB. One second is 637MB or about 300Gigabytes/hour.... That's a lot of data that the processor has to wade through. If the image has a bit lower resolution you will limit the about of data since your GOP I frames have less difference across the frame. Now you have to compress that and that's getting rid of a ton of data and that's where codec's come into play. Some are good most are bad but in the end your grouping similar tones in the image and writing a key frame that describes the entire frame then your using those groups to only update the areas that have a change (GOP compression) I could get into I Frames P frames and B frames but it all has to do with motion and there where the variable bitrate comes in that is confusing Tuna.

Lets look at why Bitrate is an important number it gives and indication of compression ratio. Yuneec says that their cameras output 50Mbps or about 102/1 compression ratio. When they first advertised the capabilities of the CGO3+ they said it was 100Mbps which would have been 51/1 compression ratio. The Yuneec Raw is only giving you about 29Mbps which is 176/1 compression ratio. Compare those numbers to the P4 and the GPH4B which are running 85/1 compression and you start to see a performance metric.

In the end it's about color accuracy, contrast, and focus which is collectively called image quality and all of those are affected by Bitrate. Saying that Bitrate isn't a performance indication is a sign of not understanding the chain. One other thing to consider, if Bitrate wasn't important Yuneec wouldn't have advertised 100Mbps then changed over all their material to show 50Mbps...
Schooled :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: DerStig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval