Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

It's official,I bit the bullet on an H Pro

Reaction score
I purchased my H Pro from Horizon Hobby

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 47
I purchased my H Pro from Horizon Hobby
Congrats, im currently in intense research mode and I'm stuck in between what I'm sure is everyone's two or three top picks. P4 , mavic and typhoon h. I would love to hear why you went with the typhoon. I think it's a awesome rig but man all I hear is DJI DJI go DJI , why did you go yuneec.

Congrats, im currently in intense research mode and I'm stuck in between what I'm sure is everyone's two or three top picks. P4 , mavic and typhoon h. I would love to hear why you went with the typhoon. I think it's a awesome rig but man all I hear is DJI DJI go DJI , why did you go yuneec.
I work at a hobby shop, people come in all the time asking for parts and service and we can't supply it. People always come in complaining about DJI customer service. I've worked with Yuneec and they are great people. I think what you get for the same price on the DJI is weak. I like having my video and controls separate signal, replaceable antenna, self serviceable, 6 rotors vs 4 lose a prop and your still flying. DJI is the same thing every year with a new name. P4 OBA is camera based and the H has sonar(works in the dark) and optional realsense which allows it to navigate around and not just stop. Plus Yuneec seems to be open to ideas for features. DJI is more of what you get is what you get. ST16 runs with no phone leaving you with one less thing to charge.

The main downfall I see is range but I would never trust a flying camera out of visual sight, pretty much what DJI suggests.

And supporting Yuneec adds competition to the industry, competition leads to new and exciting things.

Reactions: Merlin
Well said, I called yuneec today with a simple question about the camera, I was on hold maybe less then a minute and the agent was super nice and knew the answer right of the top of her head . I have to say that's pretty awesome in today's world of customer service. The only thing holding me back is that all the pictures and videos I see from the h are so soft almost out of focus to me , it's the main reason i haven't pulled the trigger

Well said, I called yuneec today with a simple question about the camera, I was on hold maybe less then a minute and the agent was super nice and knew the answer right of the top of her head . I have to say that's pretty awesome in today's world of customer service. The only thing holding me back is that all the pictures and videos I see from the h are so soft almost out of focus to me , it's the main reason i haven't pulled the trigger
I've heard some came with cameras out of focus. Yuneec fixed em for free. Might of been those

I only say Panorama Pictures , try this with a done with fixed front camera. The typhoon with the 360 degree rotating camera can do it (OK only since a few days ;))

Reactions: Brock.ugk

Ever go to a high school football game where one side had a lot more girls on the cheer leading team than the other? Which one was loudest? Look hard and you'll find DJI sponsors and pays people to speak for them.

Research a few forums and you'll find they have their share of problems too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever go to a high school football game where one side had a lot more girls on the cheer leading team than the other? Which one was loudest? Look hard and you'll find DJI sponsors and pays people to speak for them.

Research a few forums and you'll find they have their share of problems too.

I think its because just know is Yuneec is just now trying to take DJI's spot for the Nike of AP. Yuneec is a smaller company, you can see that by the way they operate. But they are growing and honestly, I've flow the P4 and H advanced and I liked the H a lot more. It felt smoother and the camera(when set up right) is crazy good

It's funny you say that , I was starting to think to myself the reviewers must be getting paid , it's so blatantly obvious

Reactions: yerrickl
I was stuck there too. I may one day own an Inspire but for me this is what swayed me -
  • I'm no longer an Apple fan and I would need to buy an iPad or some Android tablet for the DJI, not so with Yuneec.
  • I'm not a fan of forced updates (why I'm not a fan of Microsoft at the moment) DJI forces updates by eventually grounding your bird until you do.
  • The H was a Hex and despite what others have said about the redundancy, I've seen several real world examples where 5 rotor mode saved the drone.
  • Total cost of ownership ended up for me to be less.
  • All the included extras like the backpack, extra batteries, sunshade, etc.
  • Yuneec has a shorter range but legally (in the US) you have to fly line of site. Any greater range that Yuneec offers is beyond what I can see to control it so while nice I'm not sure I would use it.
  • FPV goggles and HDMI built in.
  • Realsense on the Pro. The Phantom 4 looked pretty good but I'm pretty impressed with Intel and Realsense although, honestly I have yet to actually use it.
  • Since for me at this time, the Inspire isn't an option, the H's retractable landing gear and 360 camera.
  • The H's ability to remain stable in pretty high wind speeds. (I live in a pretty windy area)
  • The collapsible motor arms and the small footprint despite being a large and heavy drone.
But even with all that it wasn't an easy decision and I still deliberated between the H and the Phantom 4. Ultimately I decided to not make the initial jump and waited for the H Pro and for Yuneec to work the kinks out. I think they are still doing that but so far I'm really happy with my H. FYI - Yuneec's documentation is weak and outdated at best.

Some of the issues being reported by others have me still questioning if this is the right decision but I'm trying not to second guess. Like any other tech purchase you just have to weigh the pros and cons and take the leap. Just be willing to accept that whatever you purchase, it will no doubt be obsolete in a year or two. That doesn't mean, not usable, just not the latest or greatest.

I also forgot to ask, do you have experience as a pilot or are you a beginner? If you are a beginner I don't recommend either one. Start with a $100 or less beater to learn on.

Greg

I was stuck there too. I may one day own an Inspire but for me this is what swayed me -
  • I'm no longer an Apple fan and I would need to buy an iPad or some Android tablet for the DJI, not so with Yuneec.
  • I'm not a fan of forced updates (why I'm not a fan of Microsoft at the moment) DJI forces updates by eventually grounding your bird until you do.
  • The H was a Hex and despite what others have said about the redundancy, I've seen several real world examples where 5 rotor mode saved the drone.
  • Total cost of ownership ended up for me to be less.
  • All the included extras like the backpack, extra batteries, sunshade, etc.
  • Yuneec has a shorter range but legally (in the US) you have to fly line of site. Any greater range that Yuneec offers is beyond what I can see to control it so while nice I'm not sure I would use it.
  • FPV goggles and HDMI built in.
  • Realsense on the Pro. The Phantom 4 looked pretty good but I'm pretty impressed with Intel and Realsense although, honestly I have yet to actually use it.
  • Since for me at this time, the Inspire isn't an option, the H's retractable landing gear and 360 camera.
  • The H's ability to remain stable in pretty high wind speeds. (I live in a pretty windy area)
  • The collapsible motor arms and the small footprint despite being a large and heavy drone.
But even with all that it wasn't an easy decision and I still deliberated between the H and the Phantom 4. Ultimately I decided to not make the initial jump and waited for the H Pro and for Yuneec to work the kinks out. I think they are still doing that but so far I'm really happy with my H. FYI - Yuneec's documentation is weak and outdated at best.

Some of the issues being reported by others have me still questioning if this is the right decision but I'm trying not to second guess. Like any other tech purchase you just have to weigh the pros and cons and take the leap. Just be willing to accept that whatever you purchase, it will no doubt be obsolete in a year or two. That doesn't mean, not usable, just not the latest or greatest.

I also forgot to ask, do you have experience as a pilot or are you a beginner? If you are a beginner I don't recommend either one. Start with a $100 or less beater to learn on.

Greg
Thanks for the response, I feel bad for hijacking wesbur's thread lol. No I'm not a beginner I own two husbsans. I love my 501s but it's mostly used to see how far I can push it . It's just not a good camera quad it's a great fpv GPS Flyer but with out a gimbal it can't do what i really want so it's time to go in the direction of the H or P4 ,

Thanks for the response, I feel bad for hijacking wesbur's thread lol. No I'm not a beginner I own two husbsans. I love my 501s but it's mostly used to see how far I can push it . It's just not a good camera quad it's a great fpv GPS Flyer but with out a gimbal it can't do what i really want so it's time to go in the direction of the H or P4 ,
Makes sense, I have my two categories of Quads: FPV and AP. Tiny whoop, Inductrix FPV and ZMR for fpv and I had a Chroma for AP but she's gone now....

Stop the war between P4 and TH. They are both good machines with pros and cons (I own P4 & TH)
BUT in some cases P4 is better and in some other cases TH is better. That's all
I can make some footage with the P4 that the TH can't do and I can make some footage with the TH that the P4 can't do

Stop the war between P4 and TH. They are both good machines with pros and cons (I own P4 & TH)
I can make some footage with the P4 that the TH can't do and I can make some footage with the TH that the P4 can't do

^^^This. Typhoon H works best for ME. Phantoms might work better for someone else,

I'm confused (normal for me). You started your own thread yesterday at 3:08 about this same topic, whether to buy an H or a P4. Please don't invite flame wars, DJI vs. Yuneec. As members have tried to point out to you they both have areas they excel at. Buy whichever suits YOUR personal needs. If you go P4, this sister forum will be happy to have you. Thanks.
DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I'm confused (normal for me). You started your own thread yesterday at 3:08 about this same topic, whether to buy an H or a P4. Please don't invite flame wars, DJI vs. Yuneec. As members have tried to point out to you they both have areas they excel at. Buy whichever suits YOUR personal needs. If you go P4, this sister forum will be happy to have you. Thanks.
DJI Phantom Drone Forum
Don't know why you are confused about a typhoon h posted on a typhoon h forum . I asked a question about why he purchased his typhoon that is all. I posted my own thread to ask the question that I wanted, I have said nothing bad about either drone im pro typhoon was just looking for a nudge because if you look the internet the direction you are pushed in is the direction of DJI , sorry brother not trying to start a war , I've decided to go with the h anyway.

Don't know why you are confused about a typhoon h posted on a typhoon h forum . I asked a question about why he purchased his typhoon that is all. I posted my own thread to ask the question that I wanted, I have said nothing bad about either drone im pro typhoon was just looking for a nudge because if you look the internet the direction you are pushed in is the direction of DJI , sorry brother not trying to start a war , I've decided to go with the h anyway.

You'll like it. Mine comes tomorrow.

Apologies if any comments were perceived as beginning a 'flame war', that certainly wasn't my intent. I was just offering my opinion as to why I made my decision. I still like what DJI has to offer with the Inspire and if money was no object, I'd have both but unfortunately I had to choose and I offered my opinion as to how I came to my decision.

Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval