Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I've got the shakes

Reaction score
After getting my camera/gimbal back from Yuneec service last week, I'm noticing some jello in my videos. Never had this at all before. I put on brand new balanced blades today hoping that would help, but no change at all. Any ideas what it might be? The jello starts at about 40 seconds into the video. I sure had to have to send my unit back in and not have it for another month or more.

After getting my camera/gimbal back from Yuneec service last week, I'm noticing some jello in my videos. Never had this at all before. I put on brand new balanced blades today hoping that would help, but no change at all. Any ideas what it might be? The jello starts at about 40 seconds into the video. I sure had to have to send my unit back in and not have it for another month or more.

I had the same problem and had to send it back after receiving it and they couldn't fix it - they just replaced it.

That looks like mine just not has bad. I would really like to try another camera/gimbal on mine to see if it is that camera or the H.

Rayray I had slightly adjusted the white balance and did not change any other settings. I've tried this in full auto mode and manual, both seem to get the jello at various parts of the videos. It's not constant, but it is every flight. Man, it was so perfectly smooth before I sent it in.

Reactions: Rayray
I called Yuneec support and they promptly reviewed my videos. Like within an hour of me calling them. They suggested new dampners on the gimbal mount, which I thought might be the problem. I replaced them and I think my problem is solved. Most of my videos today were jello free. I did get a tiny jello in one video but that one was shot in 4k which I normally don't film in. I wonder if that could be the issue. Either way, it wasn't enough to complain about.

The jello is always a strange issue because if the problem is not firmware then tracking down the issue can be plenty of trial and error.

I had a Phantom that took rock steady video. However, if I filmed forward while flying to the left at average speed I would end up with the jello image (do the same flying slow and no jello). Fly in any other direction and no jello. The problem was due to the tilt of the drone/camera while flying left at a good speed with camera facing to the front. I was never able to correct it because it didn't occur immediately. You had to fly to the left for about 50 to 100 meters before it would start.

Hopefully yours resolves itself or doesn't impact your video results.

David I looked at your video on my phone and I could tell that you had a slight shake and like your technician told you make sure your dampers are seated properly that should correct it if it doesn't then replace those dampers,fly safe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval