Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I've had a fly away and lost my drone

Yes I went back there again yesterday and tried a few other areas past the lake and couldn't find anything and I did look up in the canopy of trees and nothing at all. Now Yuneec are going to replace the drone I'm very tempted to do a fly by over these areas to see if it picks up on anything. TBH with you if I did find it I would return it to Yuneec as they've held there end and I've been brought up to be honest.
the GPS file is not always exact , at least from what i can see in my GPS files , the closer to ground level you fly the more era in GPS tracking is what i see . don't forget it's using a satellite overlay and it's free . my guess would be at he end of the track , left or right , i hope you find it then you will have two Q's .

Reactions: Marky
the GPS file is not always exact , at least from what i can see in my GPS files , the closer to ground level you fly the more era in GPS tracking is what i see . don't forget it's using a satellite overlay and it's free . my guess would be at he end of the track , left or right , i hope you find it then you will have two Q's .
I agree in what you're saying as the GPS diagram finished over the lake but the two last second clips had past the lake, yesterday I headed in the direction the last image took but the ground is too dense, this is where I might try for a birds eye view on Friday permitting the weather. Ha but no I don't intend in keeping if I find it as I do believe in Karma and being honest to myself!!

I agree in what you're saying as the GPS diagram finished over the lake but the two last second clips had past the lake, yesterday I headed in the direction the last image took but the ground is too dense, this is where I might try for a birds eye view on Friday permitting the weather. Ha but no I don't intend in keeping if I find it as I do believe in Karma and being honest to myself!!
yes karma can be good , still i hope you find it just to see what happened and why . i have the same problem where i fly cat tails over 6 ft high and surrounded with trees , i fly at a RC air field and what people do when they lose a plane and cannot find it , is wait until fall and then get a search party together and hunt . some people install a GPS trackers on their quad ( cell phone to track the signal ) a little on the pricey side but they do work .

Your a good man Marky.. Fly safe. I had a QR350 that flew away in May 2015. I found it in Feb 2016 it had made a semi circular route to within 100 meters from where I was standing. I tried to get Walkera to replace it but it was like talking to a wall. So it was a total loss and not like Yuneec with their CS. Glad you are getting yours replaced.

Hi all I spoke with Yuneec U.K yesterday and they've sent my Telemetry reports off for analysing they also told me they'll replace my drone so I'm popping over to them on Friday as I live not too far away. I'm over the moon as I was so worried that I'd just lost everything.
I am happy for you that you get an replacement. I was asked by Yuneec EU to send in the ST16 and then it will take at least 6-8 weeks. I asked them why they have different routines than UK and this is the answer I got:
"We are sorry to say but both companys have diffrent to handle service situations, please remind that you live in a diffrent country !"
So I have now packed my ST16 to send it to Germany.

I am happy for you that you get an replacement. I was asked by Yuneec EU to send in the ST16 and then it will take at least 6-8 weeks. I asked them why they have different routines than UK and this is the answer I got:
"We are sorry to say but both companys have diffrent to handle service situations, please remind that you live in a diffrent country !"
So I have now packed my ST16 to send it to Germany.
Oh wow that's not good I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame they won't just take the Telemetry readings in an email and if they establish the fault is theirs then get you to send the controller. I'm sure that will be pricey to send?

Did you look at the telemetry readings yourself? I had two or three successful flights on that day in the south west but when loading them in to dronelogbook one showed one **** of a flight, and on a single battery, must be a distance record....

Capture.JPG

Apparently the max speed was 35mph yet its altitude was a mere 12,000 miles and it travelled 8,778 miles in 14 minutes and I thought it had just flown around a picnic spot.

Similar experience. Updated firmware on both Drone and controller. Being aware of "bugs" with update. I flew it at 2m initially due to fear. And rightfully so. Compass error flashed, drone went hard left and crashed end over end into softball field. Only lost a few props and damaged landing gear.
Repaired gear. Replaced props. Calibrated compass TWICE, just for shits and giggles. Haven't had a reoccurrence as of yet.
Be safe pilots!

Similar experience. Updated firmware on both Drone and controller. Being aware of "bugs" with update. I flew it at 2m initially due to fear. And rightfully so. Compass error flashed, drone went hard left and crashed end over end into softball field. Only lost a few props and damaged landing gear.
Repaired gear. Replaced props. Calibrated compass TWICE, just for shits and giggles. Haven't had a reoccurrence as of yet.
Be safe pilots!
I'm sorry to hear that, yeah it seems after my visit to Yuneec U.k yesterday they advise after any update to do a compass calibration which I'll be doing in future.

I'm gutted as the whole reason I purchased this was for my wedding which I'm going abroad in two weeks for. I'll contact Yuneec in the morning and hope they can help?

Where's the wedding? If ur in Southern CA Los Angeles area --maybe I can come help you out with mine?

LOL..Saint Lucia? As in .Saint Lucia Caribbean Islands? Yeah... That's a bit far from Los Angeles --as much as I'd love to jump on my Drone, fly over and help out.

If you are covering the flight and hotel I'll help ;-)

by the solar activity app for Oct 2 it was not the best day to fly from 12:00 to 21:00 hrs. 4@12:00 , 2 @15:00, 5 @ 18:00 ,4@ 21:00 . i do't know if this will help but it could be why you had a fly away . after noon only a short window to fly . sorry about your mishap .

I had KP's of 4 and 5 with winds at 5 mph for both of my fly aways. It's not KP related. It's a glitch in the update from 9/1 and some of the compasses on some of the H's. I had my compass and GPS module replaced on the 1st crash and the repaired H crashed after 1 perfect flight. I've got my replacement H coming as I type.

I had KP's of 4 and 5 with winds at 5 mph for both of my fly aways. It's not KP related. It's a glitch in the update from 9/1 and some of the compasses on some of the H's. I had my compass and GPS module replaced on the 1st crash and the repaired H crashed after 1 perfect flight. I've got my replacement H coming as I type.
the KP index @ 4 or 5 dose not mean you can't fly but if you fly out 1500' plus and out of line of sight you may just be pushing the envelop .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval