Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

journey mode doing strange thing

ofg

Reaction score
I recently wanted to try journey mode on my h plus. I angled the camera slightly up, got the drone about 20 ft high, and about 30ft away from controller. I left distance at 30m, and rate at 5mps. Stock factory settings. So, when I press ok, it gives a fault, switching to angle gimbal mode. The drone does nothing. So, I switch the gimbal to A, and try again. Now the drone flys backwards instead of forwards. So, I abort the journey mode and try to make it journey forwards, but just cant make it obey.

Hmm....I haven't tried Journey mode but I thought it did fly up and away backwards and then returned. Notice in the video, the angle of the camera determines the angle of ascent away from the subject.

Reactions: Frontier
I angled the camera slightly up,
If your statement is literally correct, you were setting yourself up for a crash. . You need to angle the straight or down because the aircraft will fly 180° the opposite direction in Journey mode. If you angled camera up, it would try to fly down in the opposite direction into the ground..

If you haven't read the revised manual posted on this site yet, I encourage you to do so before turning it on again.
I can never find it for some reason , but I'm sure @AH-1G will give us the link, he always seems to have it handy!

That makes sense. I used the instructions on the st16. So, in journey mode, it SHOULD fly backwards? However, camera should be angled slightly DOWN? This way it will keep the subject in focus, and journey up away and then back? I think that makes sense.

camera should be angled slightly DOWN?
Angle the camera down low enough so that the aircraft will clear anything in the flight path. If it's only angled slightly and there are trees in the line of flight, it will hit the trees. Start by testing the camera pointed down at 45 degrees.

Reactions: Trav H
If it's only angled slightly and there are trees in the line of flight, it will hit the trees. Start by testing the camera pointed down at 45 degrees.
Listen to this man! This is the voice of experience talking!
Trees and Ents alike tremble at the mere mention of his name!?

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Yeah. I dont know why I thought it should fly forward. I didnt realize journey was to capture a cinematic view of the ground station or near. I figured journey was for the pilot to see where it was going. So,, it all makes sense now. Ive got to try again ASAP.

Wow I just learned something new here [emoji3] had no idea that the angle of the camera eqeals the angle the drone will rise. Thank you all

Reactions: DCH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech