Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just asking, what software pilots are using to edit the 4K video?

I use the Magix Yuneec version, its free and does a pretty good job and is easy to use

I registered my Q two days ago at the Magix link and have heard nothing from them. I registered again today, considering that there may have been a server issue. How long did it take to get your software, or.......am I missing something in the process other than the obvious?

I registered my Q two days ago at the Magix link and have heard nothing from them. I registered again today, considering that there may have been a server issue. How long did it take to get your software, or.......am I missing something in the process other than the obvious?
It took about 2 weeks to get the code, you can download the program and play with it

Try here to download program Yuneec Special

Try here to download program Yuneec Special
How nice. Thank you Jemcd.

I installed the 30 day trial. It looks good, however, I have heard nothing from Magix as far as a permanent key.
I think I'll just stick with SONY Vegas Pro.
There is no Mac version of the Magix app or Vegas, but I already use Vegas Pro on a VM, so I'll get by.

Last edited:
Sony Vegas Pro, but I dont render out at 4K. Takes a lot of power and monitor to view it, and I dont have that.

For Mac, the new iMovie can do 4K now but just make sure you have the right processor (over 3.0 GHz or the new Intel i7 processor) otherwise the videos will look choppy. Otherwise, I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I haven't tried Filmora by Wondershare, but I will give it a go soon.

I just posted in another thread about using Blender (www.blender.org) to edit and/or composite video. It's 100% free software and is extremely powerful.

I also mentioned that almost no one (who knows better) edits using 4k footage. Use proxies for editing and then render the final cut with the 4k footage.

I just posted in another thread about using Blender (www.blender.org) to edit and/or composite video. It's 100% free software and is extremely powerful.

I also mentioned that almost no one (who knows better) edits using 4k footage. Use proxies for editing and then render the final cut with the 4k footage.

it looks insanely powerful! thanks!

I use Adobe Premiere for most of my editing needs. I use Adobe After Effects for graphics, animation, slow-mo and stabilization.

For YouTube I export at a fairly high quality knowing they are going to re-compress the video.

If you want to speed up your rendering then get a high end (900 series) GeForce video card. Premiere is CUDA compatible. It's surprisingly fast!

Nice video imagine what that would look like in 4K. Is that in British Columbia Canada? It looks like the Okanagan, and Quesnel.

Vegas Pro 14

Reactions: kellyjdrummer
Hello all,

Been using Grass Valley Edius since it became available in 2003 (originally owned by Canopus) there is a reason it's on every broadcast production truck ... handles any format you throw at it...even mixed formats on the same timeline. There is a free trial.

FYI, media productions is my career since 1990 and I've been flying RC helicopters since 1987 .... if you want pro gear it comes at a price. If you are doing this for fun, shoot 1080 and use any of the many free editing programs. If you want more, get your 107, a business plan, license, insurance, and all the needed professional hardware/software. At that point you'll respect and understand the investment needed at that level and you certainly won't undersell yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop