Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got a typhoon H Pro , I'm stoked !

Reaction score
I'm excited to say I just got a Typhoon H Pro with real sense and the bundle 4 batteries and lenses that's been flown less than a dozen times and has been unlocked from no fly zones for 600 , I couldn't pass it up for that price !
I have a q500 but it has problems recording video , it's bulky to transport was thinking about a DJI 4 was looking for one and came across this and like it better for the back pack and the controller so I don't need a iPhone witch I can't see or buying a I pad extra costs,
I'm still a rookie so I got a lot to learn and hoping my daughter can learn as she's into horse photography and the 360 gimbal mode is a attractive feature not having to yawn the drone to follow them in the arena,
I'm sure I'll be having plenty of questions once I get out to fly it
Can't wait to get it out

Safe flying

9rock

I have been here before when I got the 500 but thank you never the less

You will find the TH Pro to be a versatile and useful system. Even though you are used to the Q500, I would suggest removing the camera for the first few flights. Once you are comfortable with how it handles during takeoff and landing, then add the camera to the aircraft.

I’m attaching the extended User Manual which if you will find to be a great companion. I keep the pdf on my phone so I can access it in the field if necessary.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You will find the TH Pro to be a versatile and useful system. Even though you are used to the Q500, I would suggest removing the camera for the first few flights. Once you are comfortable with how it handles during takeoff and landing, then add the camera to the aircraft.

I’m attaching the extended User Manual which if you will find to be a great companion. I keep the pdf on my phone so I can access it in the field if necessary.
Thanks , I'll try that , that's something the guy that the drone repair guy pointing out luckily I don't have much experience flying the q 500 most of my flying has been the spark and I got a holy stone also that I don't have to worry to much crashing it ,, most of my flying will be very close , that's actually why the guy sold it to me he's a professional photographer wanted to up his game but he was intimidated by this drone , I can see that

The horses might feel that way too. Be cautious about spooking them with the TH. It’s not real noisy, but it’s size is reminiscent of a bird of prey. But it is perfect for placing in a hover with gear retracted and following the subject with the camera. Since you have the RealSense you can also do some really cool Follow Me as long as the horses are OK with the drone.

I'm excited to say I just got a Typhoon H Pro with real sense and the bundle 4 batteries and lenses that's been flown less than a dozen times and has been unlocked from no fly zones for 600 , I couldn't pass it up for that price !
I have a q500 but it has problems recording video , it's bulky to transport was thinking about a DJI 4 was looking for one and came across this and like it better for the back pack and the controller so I don't need a iPhone witch I can't see or buying a I pad extra costs,
I'm still a rookie so I got a lot to learn and hoping my daughter can learn as she's into horse photography and the 360 gimbal mode is a attractive feature not having to yawn the drone to follow them in the arena,
Can't wait to get it out

Safe flying

9rock
Also recently bought a New Yuneec typhoon H Pro but being in the UK had it 2 weeks and not yet been able to fly, finding a little bit of confusion with compass calibration ? good luck and enjoy keep in touch love to know how you get on

Happy you got your drone but remember stay under 400 feet. Just because it’s unlocked doesn’t mean to go as high as it can go. Be safe and follow the rules of the sky. Good luck

Happy you got your drone but remember stay under 400 feet. Just because it’s unlocked doesn’t mean to go as high as it can go. Be safe and follow the rules of the sky. Good luck
Actually the NFZ unlock does not change the altitude geofence. That is done in the GUI program for the H480 series and doesn’t require the NFZ unlock.

The NFZ unlock removes the motor arming restrictions in controlled airspace. So if you fly those areas be sure to use the LAANC system for clearance or the DroneZone website to request clearance in areas not covered by LAANC.

As always we do not condone illegal flight here and stress staying at “400’ AGL” or lower. I have my geofence settings at more than 400’ when flying in other than flat terrain, but will set it for 400’ above the highest land I expect to encounter during the flight.

Now that the US has the LAANC and DroneZone available to recreational pilots for getting clearance in controlled airspace. Yuneec should allow them to get the full NFZ unlock code.

I don't plan on flying any where near 400 ft , but I do plan on flying in no fly zones close by and under 100 ft ,

Can't wait to get it out

Safe flying

9rock
...9rock...welcome to the typhoon club...easy how to videos on you tube about various calibration and binding...take a local drone class at the local community college..6 week class..x1 wkly.... check for local drone meetups...tons of knowledge..you will meet lots of people and make many great friends..important must have add ons...extra batts...at least 4 total to gi've you 1 hr of total flight...a batt charg for lipo so you can put in storage mode and save those batts...a range extender..I love my itelite as it works great to my final los....some polar pro nd filters..I spray painted my gimble cover a nice bright green to remind me to remove..extra props... airmap app up and running on your phone... also get a good movie maker app for your pc...when you don't fly you are creating...I really like the movavi 2020 vid pkg that I use...there are many dogs in that fight...welcome my brother!
Twister....el paso dronehive

Reactions: AussieCate
Thanks for the replies , I see there is a flight simulator, how real is it , I'm thinking it might be it might be worth the 40 dollars much cheaper than crashing the H , and might be good for my daughter to learn on also , I got a holy stone on the cheap for her to practice flying to get over the fear in real life , I'm all ears here

Thanks for the replies , I see there is a flight simulator, how real is it , I'm thinking it might be it might be worth the 40 dollars much cheaper than crashing the H , and might be good for my daughter to learn on also , I got a holy stone on the cheap for her to practice flying to get over the fear in real life , I'm all ears here

Everyone that has UAV Pilot simulator says that it is very realistic.

I would recommend getting AirMap app for submitting LAANC requests in controlled airspace.You can also use the FAA website to get a pdf file version of the sectional chart for the area you plan to fly.

Everyone that has UAV Pilot simulator says that it is very realistic.

I would recommend getting AirMap app for submitting LAANC requests in controlled airspace.You can also use the FAA website to get a pdf file version of the sectional chart for the area you plan to fly.
I don't ever plan on flying it for much more than recreation use and some fly over some of my jobs were I'm not actually being paid and it's low flying in those cases

Reactions: Mike Irish
I don't ever plan on flying it for much more than recreation use and some fly over some of my jobs were I'm not actually being paid and it's low flying in those cases

Note, that not being paid does not specifcally make the flight non commercial. If the companies contracting those jobs receive a benefit from the use of your sUAS, you will still need 107 licensing to perform those flights. Their insurance company will not provide coverage for an unlicensed operator.

Welcome. It would be smart to watch all the you tube vids you can,esp.captain Drone and Jeff Sibelius. The h has more secrets than you can Imagine.This forum has gave me encouragement and taught me more than anything else I watched or read. Also some of the members here go out of their way to help.The H is a great fun Drone. Good Luck. Keith

Note, that not being paid does not specifcally make the flight non commercial. If the companies contracting those jobs receive a benefit from the use of your sUAS, you will still need 107 licensing to perform those flights. Their insurance company will not provide coverage for an unlicensed operator.
Yes I know ,it's not something I'd do regularly, just to get a pic of work done or work that needs to be done that I can't get too without a talll ladder , one could argue I'm making money from it since I'm salery but I'd doubt I'd get more than a warning if in fact the one in a million chance of getting caught happens,,

Welcome. It would be smart to watch all the you tube vids you can,esp.captain Drone and Jeff Sibelius. The h has more secrets than you can Imagine.This forum has gave me encouragement and taught me more than anything else I watched or read. Also some of the members here go out of their way to help.The H is a great fun Drone. Good Luck. Keith
Yes I have watched many video's of theirs , and I found this site very helpful from the members and the search functions . At almost 60 all the help I can get ,
I liked the taking of the camera off concept, I think what I will do is cover the monitor with cardboard and if I get in trouble I can remove it ,,

The LAANC clearances apply to any flights in controlled airspace Class B, C, D, and surface E. The flight being recreational in nature does not exempt anyone from needing clearance.

Reading an Aviation Sectional chart is actually quite easy as long as you refer to the Legend that explains what all the symbology means. All of the Class G airspace does not require any clearances. Just fly safe and give right of way to any manned aircraft in your area.

We will eventually have to pass a knowledge test for recreational pilots. I can guarantee that reading a sectional map will be part of that test.

I only mention these points to help educate all that read the forum so there is a better understanding of our regulations for use of sUAS aircraft.

Hi 9rock. This looks like very good advice you gave here. Could you advise me please as to what app you use and will it work on my H Plus. I found this one and it comes as either an APP for your phone or an internet connection Pilots - AirMap.
Cheers.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval