Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just got Q500 4k and I am not sure if I am missing parts

Reaction score
Folks, just got a Q500 4k from B&H and I am not sure if I got someone else's return or a refurb.
Drone missing the Tweezer, the CGO3 Filter, neck strap, extra battery compartment latch, charging block to the controller. Did Yuneec stop shipping the charging block for the controller ?

Drone looks like its in new condition but I am a bit wary of accepting this as new. Did anyone who has bought one in the past few months get all these parts? Is there any way to tell if this is gray market or refurbished?

Did you get the Deluxe version with the Hard Case?

Look on the Camera to see if filter is attached to camera already. It is a clear UV Filter at least mine was. There was an extra ring with no filter in the ring that was inside of the little ziploc bag with a cleaning rag in it also.

Also look under the battery door on the quad and see if there is label in there and do you have a cord just hanging there.

There should have been a box label Accessories on top of the foam in the Hard Case. I found most of my extra stuff in there. If so go look inside the box, something might be stuck in the box

I did get the deluxe version (aluminum case and 2 batteries). The accessory box is in there but the items I mentioned are missing that I can tell. I have taken all the foam out of the case to see if they fell elsewhere. See attachments

IMG_2115.JPG IMG_2114.JPG IMG_2113.JPG

Okay the tweezers might not be included since you have the updated battery compartment. That plug hanging inside the battery compartment is for hookup to your computer to update the GUI.

It looks like the UV Filter is on the lens. It has a protective cover on it. Just peal it away. There are instructions in the manual on how to get the filter off the lense to clean it.

The third picture shows an Accessory box. Did you look in that? But it sounds like you are missing the 2nd batter for sure.

If indeed the items are missing I would contact B&H Photo and get them to make it right.

Controller charger should be in the top left corner of the case,its just a small plug to attach the usb cable to, like a phone charger.

Looked in accessory box, definitely no shoulder strap there. The only thing in that cut out is the 12V adapter for the car. Definitely no extra battery door latch thing as well. We will see what B&H will do, they have a history for selling gray market, refurbs and open box items. Bums me out because I cannot fly this thing until I rectify and B&H doesn't open until Sunday!! 1st world problems!!!!

Robstercraw
I had a similar experience with my 4K that I pick-up on Black Friday. Called Yuneec (California), they shipped the missing parts right out (Shipped to the wrong address but they did ship it right out). When I was viewing the Tutorial on updating the firmware, got to the point where they said to disconnect the connector with-in the battery box, I was a bit confused, my connector was not connected to anything. Went through the steps of the update and got to the part to re-connect the connector and there wasn’t any thing to connect to – so I called Yuneec customer support, First person bumped me up to the next level and that person explained that the 4K model has the new updated connector that doesn’t require connecting to anything, it just dangles there! Come on Yuneec, lets install a Micro USB connector on the Exterior of the Bird and call it a day! When I tried to update the control (after a 2nd call to Yuneec) that the Controller would not recognizes a Micro SD card over 8 gig. Makes the 16 gig card that was included Useless for that operation, There could have been an notice on the Video (UPDATE the online Tutorial) that the controller on this subject. Please don’t get me wrong, I’ve had zero luck getting a hold of a DJI CSR – ever, 100% improvement over them on that!

When I tried to update the control (after a 2nd call to Yuneec) that the Controller would not recognizes a Micro SD card over 8 gig. Makes the 16 gig card that was included Useless for that operation, !

Can not confirm. The factory panasonic 16GB-Micro-SD-Card works without
any problems in the ST10+-Slot. Only the slot itself is horrible to use :mad:

Can not confirm. The factory panasonic 16GB-Micro-SD-Card works without
any problems in the ST10+-Slot. Only the slot itself is horrible to use :mad:
I agree with the Slot being horrible to use. They could have used the one ones like in most all Cell phones – Just saying

I don't believe this is a case of B&H or any of the re-sellers doing something wrong.
I am on my THIRD replacement Yuneec Q500 4K in less than 2 weeks. None of them left my living room, non flew. So, I am somewhat experienced in unboxing and boxing back for a return. All three had something missing. Current (hopefully the final one) is a good one. It seems to work, except I am waiting for the missing parts.

1-Neck Strap
2-Balance cable
3-Balance cable extension
4-AC Adapter for USB cable to charge the ST10+
5-USB cable with a regular USB connector on one end and a Mini USB connector on the other end.
6-Tweezers

I posted my experiences with the first two elsewhere on the forum.

http://yuneecpilots.com/threads/new-to-forum-and-yuneec.162/#post-1301

First two came from Best Buy, and the last one from Amazon.

There seems to be some quality control issues with packaging. The Micro SD card was put into the cardboard box as an after thought. Sealed package tape was slit few inches and someone had slid in a generic Micro SD car still in the blister pack as an after thought like they KNEW there was no Micro SD prior to packaging and then added them in through a sealed taped box. Another concern was inside of the box was full of some white powdery substance. Every time I put the controller into the case it comes out covered with white powder that seem to stick to the transmitter case thanks to static electricity.

I am less than amused at the way Yuneec handled my phone call for the missing parts. Talked to someone at customer service who agreed to send all the missing parts except the second balance cord because she was absolutely sure the package only came with one. The second one would have to be paid by me because it was marked "EXTENSION" cable so it must be extra. When I told her I was somewhat of a pro at what should be in the case because I was unboxing my THIRD Yuneec in two weeks she told me she didn't care about the first two and her job was to ascertain what was missing in the Third unit!. I agreed to pay for the second cable even though they all come with two and they are identical cables and they are all marked "extension" cables.By now we had been on the phone over an hour for a $3 or $4 item.

I was still good up until the point she wanted to know how I wanted it shipped????? I asked her to include it with the other missing items. She was not going to have any of that! She insisted I make up my mind if I wanted overnight , Two day or Ground!! She would not ship something THEY left out and I am having to BUY in the same package as the other items they agreed they left out.
That is when I finally asked for a Supervisor and suggested Marilyn do not take any more cistomer calls. She undid all the good will Yuneec has demonstrated everywhere on this forum and everywhere else with the way they handle their problems. I was disappointed but not have given up.
STILL waiting for the missing parts.

I talked to Yuneec yesterday and they told me there was a whole bunch of drones missing parts and mine is not unique :)
So if you are missing parts you need to call to get replacements. Also they have stopped shipping the shoulder strap because people were telling them the j hooks kept coming undone and I should go find a lanyard I liked and use that. I asked them if there was going to be a redesign and they said they didn't know. I also asked if they were going to ship new ones to everyone who didn't get one because of their design flaw. Things got a bit wonky at that point as I sense they are making snap decisions and shorting their customers. Not good.

It is a little chaotic and hectic over there right now. It is a growing company with all new products in a all new industry and and a whole new customer base. I can only imagine the type of calls they are getting the day after Christmas from first time drone owners. However as customers we need a little more orderly handling of missing parts to make us whole and feel like we did buy the right drone and are dealing with the right company. When those in the line of fire, those who are taking the calls from irate customers do not have the authority to make decisions without talking to their supervisor over a $3.00 item when they in fact know they have a problem it is the management's responsibility. Based on everything I have read here and many other places Yuneec is trying to do the right thing almost always. Some of their goodwill gestures, taking care of the customers have been costlier and more generous.

When I get bogged down on the phone with a CSR over 63 minutes over a $3.00 item and shipping, it is not right, Having her tell me in a very harsh tone "she don't want to hear about my problems with the first two" only left me cold and unloved. She could have been more civilized and a little less abrupt certainly more courteous. While my list of missing parts were rather lenghty, they did not add to any great $$ value. It wasn't like I called to say I was missing a charger and a battery.
It is all water under the bridge now, but I am still upset over the indifference and the argument over a stinking piece of wire.

When you pay $1400 for something you expect everything to be there. It may have been a problem at their end or it may have been like going to Walmart. I always pick up things at Walmart and make sure that the box has either been unopened or is in the back of the stack. Alot of people will buy something, return it with a few of the parts missing. Some of these Big Box Store sales people might not even realize something is missing from the box and just turn around and stick it back on the shelf. Not saying that is what happened but could have. I bought mine at a LHS. I got to open the box and inspect it all. Doing research I knew what was suppose to be in there.

In my case all three boxes were unopened. They didn't look like they were re-taped or re-packaged. It is sloppy QC with their contractors or manuf. plant in China. With a low volume item like a specialty drone they can easily remedy the problem by having a few extra items on hand here in Ontario CA to send out to the customers who found out they have small items missing.. However when the volume increases it could easily be major hassle for both THEM and the customers.

My first one (not really sure it had anything missing or not) It was DOA and had a bad pressure sensor. The tech on the phone told me to take it back and have Best Buy replace it. So, it really wasn't as much a hassle I made it out to be. I was OK with something having a mechanical problem out of the box. It happens. That didn't get me going as much the hassle over the stupid missing items in the last one. Oh well, I think I am over it now.. As long as the missing items show up in a reasonable time.

I guess I got lucky. I purchased mine from Drones Plus in Studio City, Ca. and it had every item it was supposed to have. I have no clue what the two identical cables are that was discussed in the earlier post but I have all the cables that are supposed to be in there. I was missing the tweezers, but later found out I had the new cable inside the battery compartment that does not need tweezers. It flies amazingly and I am a happy camper!

How did you know it had a bad pressure sensor?
I didn't.
After playing with it in the living room learning how to turn it on and off and going through some orientation I got to the part where the motors were supposed to turn (WITHOUT THE PROPS), I couldn't get them to. It kept on beeping, nothing I could do would stop the beeps or get the motors to turn.
When I called the tech support, the tech had me download the GUI and connect the Q500 4K and it took him only a few minutes to reach the conclusion it had a bad pressure sensor. He could hear the beeps on the phone as well as I could see the error on the GUI indicated with a red "X". That is when he told me to take it back and have them give me a new one. I am guessing it is not a repair they wanted me to make. That is a good thing too because I know my limitations as well.

I guess I got lucky. I purchased mine from Drones Plus in Studio City, Ca. and it had every item it was supposed to have. I have no clue what the two identical cables are that was discussed in the earlier post but I have all the cables that are supposed to be in there. I was missing the tweezers, but later found out I had the new cable inside the battery compartment that does not need tweezers. It flies amazingly and I am a happy camper!

John,
This cable.
Yuneec 3S 11.1V LiPo Balance Connector Charge Lead/ Extension Cable | FirstPersonView

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval