Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just Off the Phone with Yuneec USA

The truth is I'm just having a cup of coffee before I head out for an all day photo/video session. I also shot last night's epic sunset down on the river.

Here's what I did last month.
Very nice!
The last time I got as close as you did to those flowering trees it cost me 7 weeks in the repair shop.:eek:
I dont have a lot of experience under my belt but look forward to gaining the skills you exhibit in your video.

This just showing me more an more about them. I had a Q 4K fly away and straight into water. They said well if you had it we could repair it lol what a joke. They must have finally realized that there software and components are not near perfect. Like they claimed. So now that they are getting a lot of reports of fly aways there relooking at the H a lot more.

The dealers holding pre-orders are taking Yuneec's perpetual delays in the shorts, both financially and with their business reputations. There have been a lot of order cancellations. Some of those cancellations have purchased other products, which works out for the dealer IF the dealer also handles those products, but many dealers have had orders cancel to see other products purchased elsewhere. For them it's pure loss of revenue. Worse, it's revenue that had to be removed from their accounts to be returned to the customer. It will take years for Yuneec to recover the lost customer goodwill that has been damaged from this release mismanagement. Those representing the company in NAB and CES videos have seen their reputations seriously damaged and credibility diminished. Yuneec's failure to honestly, accurately, adequately, and timely communicate their reasons for failing to perform is the primary reason for the damages being experienced by their dealers and representatives.

Personally, I cancelled my pre-order to receive a refund to avoid interest and account payments. Immediately after receiving the refund notice I renewed the pre-order, but gave Yuneec maximum of two weeks to be shipped before permanently cancelling the order. I can afford no credibility to anything Yuneec has to say. They are now in a state of having to prove they are worth buying from, and the only proof they can offer is substantiation of product movement. From there every performance claim that's been made about the H will have to be personally verified. Yuneec needs to demonstrate some corporate goodwill towards their customers as well. Many of those customers have been financing Yuneec's continuing operations with their pre-order deposits and full pre-payments.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
Instead of ranting and raving, maybe you guys should hold off on buying the H until at least 6 months after the actual release. Gives Yuneec time to work out the FIRST build defects and release Rev 1 with most of the bugs worked out. You never buy a first year production vehicle, well hopefully not.

Just my thoughts - Nick
Drone technology changes so fast, if you keep waiting there will be a better model that has "can't live without" features. I have never pre-ordered anything before. I always wait for others to be the guinea pigs. In this case though, I want these features (Yuneec service, waypoints, 360 deg camera) and I want to be able to use it now for several projects I am working on. There are no other available options right now, at this price point.

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
The H actually performs well (IMO) in this video segment.
The P-squad at RCG already pounced on the lens flare at 1 min. No problem; there are multiple examples of P's with horrible lens flare.

To me the video looks good. If I can get my videos to that level, I'm perfectly happy.

Yuneec sucks, Yuneec USA sucks!, Called customer service asked when a "actual" date the H will go out to dealers, The gentleman told me he was just out of a meeting with their Director and was told to tell callers that the H will ship out to dealers in approximately two weeks! I asked him why we are told every week either next week or two weeks, but two weeks never comes!, I also asked him why many dealers are stating to their customers that you(Yuneec) have told them that the H will be in their hands this week to ship out to them. He wants to know who is telling the dealers this, as he has just been updated today that the director told him to tell us two weeks.
This has gone on to long and is nothing but BULL **** as we say here in Texas ! Plain Bull ****!. If there is a problem, I can wait, I want a working, bug free product, But why all the different stories and no definitive date?
I am going into hibernation till someone knocks on my cocoon and tells me they are in the stores, then seeing will be believing !

Just get a XSTAR like I did Makes my q500 look like junk
I love it plus it's 500 cheaper

Me too, then I got a email from Yuneec USA stating this: What do you make of it?

[email protected]
6:36 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello,

We are in the process of shipping out the Typhoon H units and should keep on fulfilling orders within 1 to 2 weeks. Thank you

Customer Care Yuneec USA Inc.
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 909-259-5113
www.yuneec.com
(AM)
Get a X STAR

I feel sorry for the guys that don't have anything to fly. I almost sold my Q500 thinking the H was going to arrive in two weeks. I started getting second thoughts though, what if they don't ship on time. So I bailed on the H and haven't looked back.

The ONLY thing the H has that's really groundbreaking is the collision detection system. Everything else are "nice to have" features that I could live without if I had to. I guess what I'm saying is, if you already have a nice drone you're not missing much.

I've personally decided to not give a **** about the H and just go fly my Q.
It can be to intimatating to the non beliver,it's probably to much machine for you anyway,O.D.

Last edited:
OregonDrone, not sure why you're on here if you don't give a ****?.... "Methinks he does protest too much"
You changed your mind on the H as you're impatient, so what?
Object avoidance is the only plus?
You must have been watching different reviews to me!

not sure if this video is posted yet but it is in 4k if you have the capability to view it in that form.

Someone at Yuneec Corporate sure has a nice boat. I do like the idea of being able to lock the camera onto the Tx's position (even when moving) so you can focus on flying, very neat.

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
Very nice. It appears that the camera nearly hits the flowering trees in the video of the sunset along the river. How did you accomplish that without crashing into or touching the branches?
I was using the SteadyGrip for the close in tree shots.

OregonDrone, not sure why you're on here if you don't give a ****?.... "Methinks he does protest too much"
You changed your mind on the H as you're impatient, so what?
Object avoidance is the only plus?
You must have been watching different reviews to me!
I'm on here because I like to help people. I don't want to see someone sell their existing drone thinking the H is going to arrive in two weeks (like I almost did). If I had sold my quad last month I would have missed all of the video I took in April. So I didn't change my mind on the H, I decided to cancel my order until I actually see them on the shelves.

For me object avoidance is what "closed the sale". That doesn't in anyway imply that the other features are useless, just not as important to me. My videos are not going to drastically improve using the H. What the H is going to do for me is allow me to fly around obstacles without sweating bullets the whole time. Just the liability issues alone make it worth the purchase.

Hey Chris, do you have a link to your videos? I'd love to see your work! Here's another one of my vids, I also do the editing, graphics and animation. It's a tough job but someone has to do it!

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babyyodajede