Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just picked up a Q500 4K kit in Australia

Reaction score
The offer was too good to refuse down here in Australia. The latest kit Q500 4K for USD 480.00 (599.00 AU)
Bigger than I thought. Great looking kit too. I fly the Autel XSP and wanted a 2nd drone so hope this flies as good as the XSP. Love the metal carry case with its telescopic handle and wheels setup.

I too now fly the Autel XSP. I have owned several Q500's ever since they came out. The CGO3 camera is nowhere near as good as the X-star but the gimbal is very stable. The yaw rate is ten times better than the x-star so you will get very stable video while panning. Of course X-star has new firmware coming out this week to fix that issue. We will see.
One thing that might throw you while flying the Q500 and I know you fly by the ocean a lot is the Yaw spin outs. Every once in awhile it will just spin almost 360 degrees. Surprises a lot of new users.
Good luck with your new toy.

Glad to see your a XSP flyer too. Yes its a fantastic bird. New firmware coming will be sensational. From being in contact with 2 of the test pilots of the BETA, the reports are great. even the yaw is sorted. We will all be able to try it in a couple of weeks. didn't know about the yaw spin outs with the Q500. will check see if anyone has a youtube video showing it. I am thinking of hooking up a sony RX100 to the Q500 and see how it goes. Yes i know controlling the camera will be limited BUT considering the stunning results the pics will bring, it might just be worth it for my use. time is on my side for now.
Thanks for the reply too.

I have a couple of good ones recorded in this video. I usually edit them out.

The offer was too good to refuse down here in Australia. The latest kit Q500 4K for USD 480.00 (599.00 AU)
Bigger than I thought. Great looking kit too. I fly the Autel XSP and wanted a 2nd drone so hope this flies as good as the XSP. Love the metal carry case with its telescopic handle and wheels setup.

Hi Cokeaddict I jumped in and bought one of these also through JBHiFi. Great fun to fly. For me this is my first quadcopter so I am honing my skills and practicing in an open sports field before trying anything more adventurous.

Do you think these were refurbished units we were sold or are you pretty certain they were brand new? I am pretty sure they were new but I have read a few other posts on this forum and others about refurbished units being sold for very cheap prices, and the price we paid was certainly a big discount.

On mine the sticker on the gimbal guard looked like it has been peeled off leaving some glue residue, which I initially thought was odd for a brand new unit. Everything else seemed shiny and new.

Hi Cokeaddict I jumped in and bought one of these also through JBHiFi. Great fun to fly. For me this is my first quadcopter so I am honing my skills and practicing in an open sports field before trying anything more adventurous.

Do you think these were refurbished units we were sold or are you pretty certain they were brand new? I am pretty sure they were new but I have read a few other posts on this forum and others about refurbished units being sold for very cheap prices, and the price we paid was certainly a big discount.

On mine the sticker on the gimbal guard looked like it has been peeled off leaving some glue residue, which I initially thought was odd for a brand new unit. Everything else seemed shiny and new.
I purchased 1 on special from JBHifi aswell and I'm pretty certain that mine is new, not refurbished, and yes the price was crazy (missed out on a typhoon H though, wasn't quick enough!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy