Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just purchased q500+

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a Q500+ and I have a few questions regarding spare parts such as props, landing gear, etc.

Where do you guys buy them?
Are they original or aftermarket?
Cases, i need one but cant see myself spending $250.00 on one

Do you guys have any suggestions as far as starting to fly
I have flown toy grade quads for 2 months and got a little bored with them.

Thanks in advance

Try Carolina Dronz. The owner is Frank Farray and he is a great guy who goes way out of his way to give outstanding customer support. I have never heard of someone not being happy with something they bought from him.
Also Peter at Aces deals is also awesome. If you call either of these businesses those guys will pick up the phone and you will know you made the right move.

Try Carolina Dronz. The owner is Frank Farray and he is a great guy who goes way out of his way to give outstanding customer support. I have never heard of someone not being happy with something they bought from him.
Also Peter at Aces deals is also awesome. If you call either of these businesses those guys will pick up the phone and you will know you made the right move.

Excellent thank you. I did just order a bag from Carolina Dronz.

I am going with a rolling tool case from Home Depot. Just big enough for handling the typhoon with props on and the rest of the extras needed with weather resistant seal for $50 and I think they will do delivery too.
Good luck. I am waiting for the simulator to show as the weather here in MN is just ugly cold and windy for a typical February

Reactions: Daniel O
I am going with a rolling tool case from Home Depot. Just big enough for handling the typhoon with props on and the rest of the extras needed with weather resistant seal for $50 and I think they will do delivery too.
Good luck. I am waiting for the simulator to show as the weather here in MN is just ugly cold and windy for a typical February

Pyro, does that come with the foam that one can cut out?

No, has the standard tool tray. 49.97 plus tax to your door. Have seen where they can drop in the foam shipping block the typhoon comes with. I was lucky and got the gray foam with mine.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just bought a Q500+ and I have a few questions regarding spare parts such as props, landing gear, etc.

Where do you guys buy them?
Are they original or aftermarket?
Cases, i need one but cant see myself spending $250.00 on one

Do you guys have any suggestions as far as starting to fly
I have flown toy grade quads for 2 months and got a little bored with them.

Thanks in advance

Home Depot
as for the case. I bought mine from Home Depot... there are videos online explaining that one... it's a nice case... wheels, handle, and all... plus the foam of the Q fits perfect in side of it... plus room for extras... around the $50 range...

I noticed that B&H has case foam for the yuneec for very reasonable. If the sites prices are correct, could be on your doorstep for around $10

Home Depot
as for the case. I bought mine from Home Depot... there are videos online explaining that one... it's a nice case... wheels, handle, and all... plus the foam of the Q fits perfect in side of it... plus room for extras... around the $50 range...
Could you post a link to the video?
Thanks

Punch in "yuneec q500 case" at youtube. Many options. Drones in SC and High Flyer have used the Home Depot case in their video. My HD case is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and the weather may cooperate by end of the week.

Finally flue this thing last weekend. And I'm blown away by how well it does everything!!!
Just one question, how do o get it out of follow me mode. Seems to be a default setting

When you fly it in the "Smart" mode, it's always in either Follow or Watch me mode. You'll want to learn to fly in "Angle or Pilot" mode (center position) on switch. I started just like you did, and even asked the same question. Flying in "Pilot" mode is easier once you get a few flights under your belt. Hope that helps

Did you get software up and running? Mine wont' run since me anti virus deletes the exe file..... Very frustrating

just turned the anti virus off for the installation and then turn back on and seemed ok. Others have had the same issue. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal