Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

K2, K3, T1 and T2 not moving properly

rdonson

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The TH480 and ST16 worked well a week ago with no issues. Today I couldn't get the camera to pan up. I recalibrated the camera a few times and the camera moved around like it always does in calibration but no joy after calibration completed.

I looked at Hardware Settings and here's what I saw.

K1 and K2 only move from the bottom up to the center of the range.

T1 and T2 only move up or down 5.

All other components in the Hardware Settings work properly.

I've replaced both switch slider boards on another ST16 and simply spraying contact cleaner at the K1 and K2 pots doesn't seem like it would yield a fix not to mention that it wouldn't do anything for T1 or T2.

View media item 734
Any thoughts or suggestions???

Did you try a full ST-16 "secret menu" calibration... beyond the basic Hardware Monitor?

Thanks, @Eagle's Eye Video - that seems to have corrected things. Phew! :D

If others read this and want to know about the "Secret Menu" calibration here's a good video. Thankfully I'd added this to my YouTube collection of TH videos a long time ago. A tip of the hat to Yuneec Europe for the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
This is a great tool to have in your arsenal, I had to calibrate mine last week.

Reactions: rdonson
You did the right thing... you want to check first in hardware monitor and subsequently try cleaning the pots to eliminate any oxidation/physical issues. Only then should you use the "secret menu"... from what I have seen on other posts, using that calibration procedure when the pots are not free of oxidation will actually make things worse.

It did not specifically state it in the video, but when you go to the "secret calibration" menu second step, both the tilt slider and the rabbit/turtle slider should be set to the center positions.

Last edited:
Yes, the video I shared does show returning both sliders to the center position.

Having to figure it out and then do the "Secret Menu" calibration cost me a day of flying but it's worth it to have that fixed. By the time I got things running again the wind was borderline flyable for me so I'll try tomorrow. Rain tonight so I hope the ground isn't too wet tomorrow.

I'm anxious to test out the new "8" sharpness setting on the camera. Not sure today's flight was enough video to really tell.

IMHO, "8" is too high in-camera sharpness... I've set mine to "5". If I'm going to sharpen further, I'd rather do it on a scene by scene basis in post.

Reactions: BroVari
I understand. It was set at 6 at the factory and it looked OK. This was an experiment for me and it’s pretty easy to set it back down again if I don’t like how it looks.

Yes, sharpening and even color grading can easily be accomplished in post although it can add time to the project. I’m using (learning) Apple’s Final Cut Pro X.

Last edited:
@Eagle's Eye Video

I had no problems flying with the controller today. The secret menu calibration fixed the issues.

I shot some 4K 30 fps test videos this with the sharpness at 8 and I'm happy with the results. I'm going to keep it there until something shows me I should back it down.

Glad to hear that's working for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval