Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

KAV Service

Reaction score
mail from Customer Support to call KAV service to get update on repair status. Call the number and get an automated voice and leave a message. Then tells me to press another set of numbers ..Nothing happens and I do not get to talk to a human. Any suggestions on how to reach a human??

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
That’s something becoming hard to do these days. Seems companies found they can save a lot on labor expenses if they run service customers around forever transitioning from one series of automated access selections to another.

I have tried twice calling them. First time about a week and a half ago and got someone right away. Called again today and no answer....but thinking they might be closed on the 5th due to the holiday.

mail from Customer Support to call KAV service to get update on repair status. Call the number and get an automated voice and leave a message. Then tells me to press another set of numbers ..Nothing happens and I do not get to talk to a human. Any suggestions on how to reach a human??
Spoke with them on Wed. I got the impression they were closing for the rest of the week, so I'm expecting a tech to call Monday morning

Hey guys,
I just wanted to chime in on KAV’s staff. To my surprise, they are literally 2 miles from my home so I had the luxury of dropping off my drone for repair in person. I just wanted you all to know that this was one the nicest group of people I’ve met and they were super supportive and highly motivated. And yes, they were closed Thursday and Friday due to the holiday.
Hope this helps ease any ill thoughts or provides a little comfort knowing our drones are in good hands while receiving stitches and bandages.

We all complain some more than others, it's their nature! ??
I was not complaining. Being my first time using KAV I didn’t know how it would be. Probably right that because of the holiday they are closed down
Hopefully by Monday all will be well as I can talk diecectly with those folks.
Make it a great day

I just had my H Plus serviced by KAV and actually found them to be easy to deal with. It took a couple of weeks to get it turned around but that is almost normal these days. Brad in service called me to follow up to be sure I was happy with the operation since they fixed my bird. They do answer the phone if you call and might have to leave a message at odd times.

It appears that KAV is having problems. I received a rather cryptic email entitled "Shipping". It was with regard to someone having short battery life under non-warranty conditions. I replied that it wasn't me but it appears that the charge would be $50 so maybe I should have just let them send it and pay up.

I find it incredible that someone wanted service for a battery out of the warranty period. It’s unfortunate but there’s still a very large percentage of multirotor lipo users that have virtually no concept of what’s involved with maintaining them, and how their actions will impact battery life.

@PatR If every UAV company ignores the LiPo maintenance in their chargers and manuals like Yuneec does then its not so incredible that people aren't aware.

My one and only (so far) experience with KAV was positive, I bought a CGOET camera off EBay for $300, I messed up the firmware during a upgrade. I called Yuneec and got a RMA #, I had used the wrong firmware from the Yuneec website. The Tech Support guy said that was common, sent it to KAV and 10 days later they sent me a NEW CGOET in the carry case with all the docs and accessories.

@PatR If every UAV company ignores the LiPo maintenance in their chargers and manuals like Yuneec does then its not so incredible that people aren't aware.

I sort of both agree and disagree with that. With the charger they supply for the H, which extremely limits what people can do, their information is adequate for the equipment provided. If you bought a 920 the charger is vastly better and battery info in the aircraft manual is considerably more informative.

If we go online to buy batteries from different sources, battery care info is typically not provided. Learning about batteries is left up to the buyer. Perhaps learning about batteries is a case of “want to” and the necessary info is certainly out there for people that want to learn.

Using an analogy with a car as an example, some people drove a long distance in a vehicle they had owned for a year to pay us a visit and used all the windshield washer fluid cleaning bugs off their windshield during the trip. They asked if it could be replenished at my home. I said “sure” and went out to fill it. Having no experience with the car I asked how the hood was opened. They replied; “I don’t know because I’ve never opened it, it’s still under warranty.”

The vehicle certainly had a manual that contained the information but that didn’t matter as the people never had a desire to learn more about their vehicle than what was necessary to drive it and make use of the cabin comfort features.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister
Pat, it wouldn’t be very hard for Yuneec or any manufacturer to put links in their manuals for something like LiPo maintenance. I’m not suggesting they need to do it but they’re hardly going the extra mile to inform anyone, especially noobs, who will end up buying more batteries and having poorer experiences with the aircraft.

I was not complaining. Being my first time using KAV I didn’t know how it would be. Probably right that because of the holiday they are closed down
Hopefully by Monday all will be well as I can talk diecectly with those folks.
Make it a great day
it wasn't directed to you, all of use complain one way or another.
my apologies about the miscommunication.

...especially noobs, who will end up buying more batteries and having poorer experiences with the aircraft.

If I were a skeptic my belief would be that this is intentional. But, more often than not items of this nature turn out to be nothing more than incompetence

Pat, it wouldn’t be very hard for Yuneec or any manufacturer to put links in their manuals for something like LiPo maintenance. I’m not suggesting they need to do it but they’re hardly going the extra mile to inform anyone, especially noobs, who will end up buying more batteries and having poorer experiences with the aircraft.

Again, I both agree and disagree. The manufacturers could put links in their documentation, and they could also create much better documentation in general. They won’t publish links to products or services they don’t gain revenue from, though. But they don’t and unless something motivates them to do so they won’t spend one penny more than they have to.

The flip side of this is lipo batteries have been associated with this hobby for a very long time, and just about any information one could desire or ask for is available at hundreds of easily accessible locations. Entering “lipo batteries” in a Google search will keep anyone occupied for days trading the search results. That leads me to believe people don’t learn about them because (A) they don’t want to, or (B) they are too lazy to. We can eliminate lack of web access as they join and post in web based forums, or research their purchases and prices online prior to buying. Instant gratification syndrome. Similar applies to ops documentation and we see a lot of evidence of that in many posts on forums. People will research finding a site they can ask a question that is answered in the manual that came with the product.

The solution? I really don’t know. Those than want to and can, do. Those that don’t look for someone else to take care of them. Having been an RC “teacher” in various forums for a good many years and seeing the process repeat itself a thousand times over I don’t even like to post links to info any more. It puts all the effort they should expend in our laps. I’ll tell them where to look or what to look for but I won’t eliminate the effort of finding it on their part. Why should they expend the effort to look something up when they know someone else will do it for them? Crazy as it seems, over the years I’ve had people tell me I should have saved my posts to file in order to copy and paste them later for them to review rather than have them perform a site search.

If they truly want an education it’s there to be had with a little effort. Perhaps I’m too old fashioned?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers