Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Land surveying with Typhoon H?

Reaction score
I have searched the forums with no luck so I thought that I would pose the question to the forum.

I also fly a 3DR Solo occasionally for land surveying and creating high resolution orthomosaic images. There is an app called Tower that allows the user to draw a box around an area and it automatically creates a spline survey based on the desired image overlap. It is similar to Drone Deploy for those familiar.

I am aware of UAV Toolbox (thanks Tuna) and the ability for waypoint flying, but I was curious if there was anything for the H that allowed for automatic image capture similar to Tower or Drone Deploy.

I guess that I could input a waypoint mission and then set the camera settings to a set period using time lapse, but there should be an easier way. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jamison

With the current firmware in the Typhoon H, time lapse is the best we can do - there's no way to tell the drone to fly to a series of points and take a photo at each one. At standard cable cam speeds, time lapse actually works quite well for image overlap, though I've yet to run a full project with it. I'm working on new features for UAV Toolbox that will help with photogrammetry, including flight planning - watch this space.

With the current firmware in the Typhoon H, time lapse is the best we can do - there's no way to tell the drone to fly to a series of points and take a photo at each one. At standard cable cam speeds, time lapse actually works quite well for image overlap, though I've yet to run a full project with it. I'm working on new features for UAV Toolbox that will help with photogrammetry, including flight planning - watch this space.

Hi Tuna, I noticed your app sample is in Cambridge UK, I am based in Cottenham. Are you local to Cambridge?

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
Here is a mission made with UAV Toolbox.
Screenshot_0001.png

And here is the orthomosaic image made with Drone Deploy. Camera was set on auto, it was a quick test so quality is not the best.

Attachments

• 5157-1_Haugan_ortho.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: Tuna
I was very interested to see your results as I have similar uses in mind for my H as well. But the images you attached in your post appeared as "broken icons" on my iPhone via Tapatalk. Maybe they will appear properly on my computer when I check them later on.

Just thought you'd want to know how they came in for me in case there was a problem in uploading the images, etc. I am very interested in seeing what you've come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, they appear fine on my computer. Let me know if they are OK on yours.

Will do. Thanks for your response. I think I may be able to learn a lot from you due to your experience and what you are trying to accomplish.

I appreciate the opportunity to learn some more vital information that will make my Typhoon an even greater tool to have at my disposal. Again, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used st-16 download chrome and went into Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H to find your location and made a flight plan and hit save , to save on the st-16 and find it in flight manager downloads copy and paste it in flight manager /flightmode/mission_data ....and now I see them in ccc list when need...hope this helps, I'm waiting for the wind to die down before I can test it ...

I used st-16 download chrome and went into Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H to find your location and made a flight plan and hit save , to save on the st-16 and find it in flight manager downloads copy and paste it in flight manager /flightmode/mission_data ....and now I see them in ccc list when need...hope this helps, I'm waiting for the wind to die down before I can test it ...
Which version of Crhome did you install? It seem the latest version crashes. I did a mission and uploaded it manually to the ST-16 and worked flawless.

Save it to flightmode/mission_data, if you do not have the mission_data folder you have to create one under the flightmode folder in the ST-16. Then just copy the saved ccc file into mission_data. Or if you have the ST-16 connected to the computer just save it directly there. I cant get Chrome to work in the ST-16 but no matter the screen is too small to work with. I rather use the laptop.

Hi Tuna, I noticed your app sample is in Cambridge UK, I am based in Cottenham. Are you local to Cambridge?

Yes, I'm just around the corner from you and my son goes to school in Cottenham. It's a bit flat if you're getting out flights with altitude changes!

Has anyone got the Flight Planner H Progam to work, I'be tried to create a grid pattern ,but when I look at it in curved cable cam there is no data or waypoints

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis