Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing strut aluminum top fitting

Reaction score
Here is a thought. If things happen and you have a hard landing the aluminum fitting on the strut that attaches to the servo breaks. Usually one or more pieces of the fork crack off the pot metal cast aluminum.
The only way I have found to fix that is buy the complete assembly. $30

What if a replacement part was made that was more durable.
I don't think the "fuse" theory really applies since the drone is so light it would just flip over. The carbon fiber is usually the fuse.

I have contacted someone that could CNC a fitting but it requires several operations to accomplish this out of real aluminum.
A guestimated price of $20 each for a run of 100 would be a somewhat better more durable piece. I have broken several in difficult situations and all I needed for a field repair is that end fitting.
Just thought I would see if there was any interest.
DH8_3460-1024.JPG DH8_3461-1024.JPG

Reactions: Steve Carr
If it was $20.00 a pair it might be more reasonable. Are these being knocked out from a mill with CNC or hand made one by one?

I agree on about $10 each, would be nice.

No, nothing made yet. I inquired and like other things it probably cost more to setup to do it than is justifiable to a lot of people.

Yea, "knocked out" after programming. Maybe an oversimplification.

This guy made the prop adapters back when the 350QX was popular and I had three of the drones. That allowed use of several different props with different pitch in production at the time instead of the failing ones that were OEM> Neat machined piece.
I just thought I would see if there was any interest at all. Volume is the key.

I contract out several metal pieces for other things and the start up is always the hard part.
He pointed out that they probably went with the cast piece because of the expense of machining the part.

"With the number of operations required per part we would have to retail something like this in the $20.00 range. We would also be looking at a good amount of time invested in getting the design and programming complete."

So for now $30 to get that part from Yuneec is what it is.

Cast parts are always cheaper than parts made from billet stock. The lost wax process could work in this application. Setup charges and tooling cost can be amortized if the relationship with the vendor is solid and they wish to be the primary vendor.
I use to be a purchasing agent for a huge corporation and really enjoyed the challenges of new product development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer