Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Am I suppose to land another way, like the breeze way ? I find holding the left stick all the way down alls good til the last 6" or so, it bounces a couple of times before settling down on the ground ? Also I wish it was like my + that the motors will stop after the landing, I keep forgetting to hit the red button until I walk over to it ? Too use to the + oh well

Q500 is famous for bouncy landing. Let it hover just above the bounce zone for a few seconds, and things go better.
The Q500 Manual actually recommended using "Home Mode" for "Pilots who aren't quite ready to land the Typhoon themselves". (Manual didn't mention how they were ever going to GET ready, if they didn't land the thing themselves. But. Whatever.) Using home mode also comes with unfortunate surprises. If you are just about to land, and use the button, it's probably going to go straight up first. Right into whatever tree limb is just overhead. And it's likely to move sideways/back/forward in accordance with where it THINKS it took off. Not a real good plan to me, but there it is.

Q500 Home Mode.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 7cyclops
My Q500+ used to bounc but never tipped,a few scary times. Like wtfd said,I just waited a few seconds and Down throttle. It seemed to settle in,land and the motors slowed way down. My favorite drone of all time.Keith C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my