Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest info from Yuneec regarding repairs

It's good to hear they are working on your unit Chuck.
As one of the early victims of the KAV-Yuneec debacle, I can tell you I’ve heard all the blah blah blah! The scheduled tech calls are a complete waste, my H+ has seen a lot of the country without me it’s very unsettling indeed. I have been acquiring parts from eBay and recently completely overhauled the ship from frame up. Scared the crap out of me but listen folks, it’s all fairly simple as the parts are modular. If I can do it so can you. To me, the writing is on the wall. What a shame loyal customers who love this platform are not important to these bums. I’ve recently held my nose and bought a Phantom 4, next stop Evo II good luck to you all:

Here's a question for one you more experienced pilot /owners. IF Yuneec replaces my Breeze as I've been told,as mine is "unrepairable". Can someone in group look at my flight love and determine what happened? It doesn't appear that Vertigo or Yuneec is going to volunteer any information, but I haven't really pressed. I assume that telling me after 4 months that I would be receiving a replacement (none as of yet and crickets on notification of shipment) .easy for me to email a zip file of flight log. Thanks,Chuck
Hey Chuckmc I just went and picked up my q500 4k from Vertigo Drones today and they replaced mine there at VD.

Reactions: Chuckmc
Happy to hear that for you. I live in California,and it's a bit of a drive for me, plus you said something bout VD. Yuneec said that they would be in touch.If I haven't heard from customer service in another week, I will reschedule another telephone call.. thanks for update,hope it works.

Happy to hear that for you. I live in California,and it's a bit of a drive for me, plus you said something bout VD. Yuneec said that they would be in touch.If I haven't heard from customer service in another week, I will reschedule another telephone call.. thanks for update,hope it works.
Yeah when mine was at Yuneec I just made phone appointments with them once a week at they finally sent my q500 back to me after 3 months. Then I had to take it back to VD to get replaced again. That time it took a month.

Reactions: Chuckmc
Yeah when mine was at Yuneec I just made phone appointments with them once a week at they finally sent my q500 back to me after 3 months. Then I had to take it back to VD to get replaced again. That time it took a month.
So your repaired by Vertigo didn't work after being repaired? Did you get a brand spanking new in a box unit or a refurbished? If new,all new accessories as well ? Just curious as to what to expect it this show finally comes to a conclusion

So your repaired by Vertigo didn't work after being repaired? Did you get a brand spanking new in a box unit or a refurbished? If new,all new accessories as well ? Just curious as to what to expect it this show finally comes to a conclusion
No the warranty exchange I got back from Yuneec back in mid January wasn't even a refurbished unit. All they did was send me someone else's broken drone. So I sent that one to Vertigo Drones and they exchanged it for a brand new one, You won't get the accessories pack all you'll get back is the drone and controller is all you should have sent in to them? No accessories.

No the warranty exchange I got back from Yuneec back in mid January wasn't even a refurbished unit. All they did was send me someone else's broken drone. So I sent that one to Vertigo Drones and they exchanged it for a brand new one, You won't get the accessories pack all you'll get back is the drone and controller is all you should have sent in to them? No accessories.
My last text chat with Vertigo said I would be getting a new drone from Yuneec,and Yuneec customer service said same....

Anyone living near the KAV facility might be able to pick up some easy money after the auction. All they need to do is pick up items won by out of area bidders and ship them too the winners.

I’d like to bid on some of the items but there’s no chance of turning a drive from California and back into a worthwhile or profitable endeavor. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to a trustworthy someone to handle pick up and shipping. I’m sure there are others like me.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Anyone living near the KAV facility might be able to pick up some easy money after the auction. All they need to do is pick up items won by out of area bidders and ship them too the winners.

I’d like to bid on some of the items but there’s no chance of turning a drive from California and back into a worthwhile or profitable endeavor. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to a trustworthy someone to handle pick up and shipping. I’m sure there are others like me.
Is KAV going out of business,or just selling off stock from lack of payment? Anyhow why the auction? curious minds want to know, especially ones that have skin in the game..

Read the KAV status thread. KAV has been placed in a liquidation auction. KAV is no longer a business and ALL their business assets are being auctioned off, including the sign over the business entryway. “Assets” include everything in the building when the business shut down. It’s the way bankruptcies work.

Hopefully nobody had a drone, camera, or controller still there when they closed the doors. If they did it’s gone forever, to be sold off in the liquidation auction.

Last edited:
Read the KAV status thread. KAV has been placed in a liquidation auction. KAV is no longer a business and ALL their business assets are being auctioned off, including the sign over the business entryway. “Assets” include everything in the building when the business shut down. It’s the way bankruptcies work.

Hopefully nobody had a drone, camera, or controller still there when they closed the doors. If they did it’s gone forever, to be sold off in the liquidation auction.

Thanks PatR .it took some searching on Google but I finally found it.and then your link too

Thank you Yuneec! You are truly a piece of work. I feel for the people that have lost their jobs in Raytown, MO.

But they got what they wanted, out from under repair activity for minimal cost. They had to have strung KAV out for a long time with unfulfilled promises before KAV cut them off.

I said it before, I certainly hope Vertigo knows what they are doing in taking over the repair work.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The guys at kav have all moved on to other endeavors. I think steve is sorry he ever got involved in the business. Russ likes gas aircrafts and not sure about the others. May they
Now live in peace. I also believe that vertigo is really trying to be complacent and do the best they can under odd circumstances.

So sad to see that so many people lost their jobs. To think that it looks like it was greed on the part of Yuneec that caused these poor people to lose their livelihoods and suffer because of it.
Mike

It's sad for sure but I'm pretty certain they all are quite content now. We as yuneec owners will suffer and for my own selfish reasons I really really am going to miss them because I could get there in 3 1/2 hours.

• Wow

Yes, I was also interested in bidding on some items in the auction, but would need to use a proxy person to pick up and ship the items to me. Not sure how to ensure the security of the items, outside of really trusting the proxy, and how much to offer for the pick up and shipping... by weight? by value? by a percentage of the shipping cost?

If anyone is in the Kansas City area and would like to offer this service please contact me in a conversation and maybe we can make an arrangement.
Dan

You could call the auction company to talk to them about pick up and shipping of small items. I was supposed to do that yesterday but forgot. I’m sure they already have a non negotiable fee structure.

Bear in mind than any multirotor in the bid lots has a high probability of having issues, with the loose parts lots almost a sure bet to have defects. Since Yuneec had not been shipping parts KAV sure as heck wasn’t stockpiling any and had to be stripping parts from new kits. That would explain why none of the kits have cameras.

If you bid on something and win it is what it is and you have no recourse afterwards. No guarantees, no returns.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval