Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Latest Typhoon Firmware update HOW TO Video

It sure helps to learn via "watching" as opposed to just reading for many people. Thanks for all your helpful instruction videos.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Thank you for showing tilting the H to put it into bind mode after updating, that got me in the first update.

You can also get into the bind mode by going to the settings icon and selecting team mode.

Most interesting particularly the H update. I am getting a 1/3 instruction not 1/2 instruction as your video clearly shows. I am experimenting with different SD cards to do the update. I need it to work as your video shows it should. On the ST 16 it has never worked for me from the SD card I always have to transfer the update file to the ST 16 first then it updates fine. Your vide demo will be. great help

Your instruction is to copy the files to the microSD card to install the update on the H and then the ST16. The following instructions then state to place the sd card in the CGO3+ and the ST16 containing ONLY their respective update files. The instructions of Step 2, 4 and 8 are contradictory and may cause confusion.

Thank you so much!! I was a bit rusty and had a bit of problem rebinding. Forgot I had to hit "refresh" twice...

This should be a sticky!

Captain...tks for the video!!.....

just remember:

1) do not put the TWO firmware updates in the SD card. just one after another. Typhoon H update file----perform Typhoon h update; then ST-16 update file-----perform ST-16 update

2) remember to remove the camera/gymball cover each time you power on the drone

Cheers!!!

Most interesting particularly the H update. I am getting a 1/3 instruction not 1/2 instruction as your video clearly shows. I am experimenting with different SD cards to do the update. I need it to work as your video shows it should. On the ST 16 it has never worked for me from the SD card I always have to transfer the update file to the ST 16 first then it updates fine. Your vide demo will be. great help
Two possible problems....
1. The file extension may be incorrect. The Yuneec update system finds files by their extension.
2. Your SD card may have an incompatible root format. You can confirm this by placing the micro SD in the ST16 and then going to PAD and file manager. If the micro SD does not show up in the top left hand corner of screen than this is the problem. Drag your finger in a downwards motion on the top left of the screen.... it will tell you what the problem is with the SD card.

Your instruction is to copy the files to the microSD card to install the update on the H and then the ST16. The following instructions then state to place the sd card in the CGO3+ and the ST16 containing ONLY their respective update files. The instructions of Step 2, 4 and 8 are contradictory and may cause confusion.
Good point. I should have been more specific on that issue.

I can say that I have done the firmware update with both files on the SD card and it worked fine (because each file has a different file extension). For some, it doesn't work which is why I made the point of having only one file on the card at a time.

Reactions: zandoli
Like many of you I just did the latest Firmware update to my Typhoon H. I captured the process into a 3 minute video.

If you have not done the update and are feeling a bit rusty on what to do first or next, then this video should help.
Thanks heaps for that, Captain. I see @Steve Carr linked to your video over at FB. You guys rock!

I just posted this in another section, but it's worth posting here. I had a big headache trying to update the ST16. Hope this can save others the frustration.Here it is:

I had a different problem updating the ST16 and it had me stumped for hours. I updated the H, no problem and fast. Then, I followed the video closely with the ST16 and pressed update and then it would start unpacking the file and shortly after just stop updating. After cursing, re-reading the how to update process over and over, I was stumped. Just by chance, I went onto the tablet section and saw a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen saying i was extremely low on internal memory. I had dumped a few videos onto the the internal memory section of the ST16 and there was not enough internal memory left to successfully update the ST16. Once I cleared the files I had stored in the internal memory, it worked like a charm.

I just posted this in another section, but it's worth posting here. I had a big headache trying to update the ST16. Hope this can save others the frustration.Here it is:

I had a different problem updating the ST16 and it had me stumped for hours. I updated the H, no problem and fast. Then, I followed the video closely with the ST16 and pressed update and then it would start unpacking the file and shortly after just stop updating. After cursing, re-reading the how to update process over and over, I was stumped. Just by chance, I went onto the tablet section and saw a notification in the top left hand corner of the screen saying i was extremely low on internal memory. I had dumped a few videos onto the the internal memory section of the ST16 and there was not enough internal memory left to successfully update the ST16. Once I cleared the files I had stored in the internal memory, it worked like a charm.
Good trouble shooting @whitelaw. Another tip for the bag of tricks.

Reactions: abinder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval