Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Log Recording

Reaction score
My H Pro has log recording as an option when setting recording parameters. I can't seem to find this on my new plus. Is this option available? If not it seems odd to offer an upgraded camera without this valuable choice for professional recording. Log = RAW

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Plus (C23) does take DNG + JPG, just like the CG03 and standard Typhoon H. Make sure the photo selector is on when you go into the photo settings menu.

The CG03+ only records video in a MP4 H264 format - this is not Raw. Are you perhaps referencing the Color Preset? The names of which are different in the Plus.

The CG03+ only records video in a MP4 H264 format - this is not Raw. Are you perhaps referencing the Color Preset? The names of which are different in the Plus.
Perhaps that's the issue. On my Pro I can record video in what looks like a low contrast and reduced color saturation. This allows for greater flexibility in downstream color correction. I can't seem to find the equivalent option on my +

Okay yeah, you're looking for an Image Format, one that is similar to 'Raw' in the CG03+.

In the Plus: Open the Video Settings, click on 'Picture Mode' that will open and there you can choose your Picture Mode; 'Original' is about the same as the CG03+ 'Raw'

Pic1.png

Pic2.png

Agree with @Ty Pilot the "Original" mode is the flattest color profile the C23 can give. It is not a true LOG but comes close and by far the optimal profile to record in if you want to color grade your footage in post.

It can be a tricky profile to use but I have found that exposing a bit to the right on the histogram, gives the best result when doing color grading this profile in post.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Agree with @Ty Pilot the "Original" mode is the flattest color profile the C23 can give. It is not a true LOG but comes close and by far the optimal profile to record in if you want to color grade your footage in post.

It can be a tricky profile to use but I have found that exposing a bit to the right on the histogram, gives the best result when doing color grading this profile in post.

Thanks guys. This clears up a question. I wish Yuneec would stay with the same nomenclature. Thank goodness for this forum.
Marvin

Reactions: mbernholdt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval