Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Long range antennas for ST16

I'm hoping that using the FPVLR antenna and moding the H will get me to where I want to be.

Keep in mind that the spare FPVLR antenna's that I currently have will work with the standard ST16 as there are only two antennae. If you mod the ST16, then you will need three antenna. You may be able to get an additional antenna to work with the two FPVLR I guess.

Keep in mind that the spare FPVLR antenna's that I currently have will work with the standard ST16 as there are only two antennae. If you mod the ST16, then you will need three antenna. You may be able to get an additional antenna to work with the two FPVLR I guess.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear about my plans. I meant that I was going to mod the H - not the ST16. Here's the link to YouTube video
I think the modification makes sense (the antenna wires clearly can be improved on) and will improve signal strength. I admit to being a little nervous about cracking it open but I'm also excited to see how it goes....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The ST16+ needs some work. Ive been flying for decades, and never had antennas the lose Video after a 1/2 mile. Ive seen the Upgraded Long range antennas, But it appears no one is selling them or they are out of stock. And Building a Linear Amp for the crystal frequency on both and running a HOT BOX for an H520 would mean that range of the Antenna would outrun the battery ability to RTH. So

Is there someone that sells the Large Plate 5 x 2.5 frequency antenna?

4Hawks and Itelite make higher gain patch antenna assemblies for the ST16.

I use an Itelite and find it to be a bit cumbersome, but I don’t get video stutter or dropouts while using it.

Last edited:
4Hawks and Itelite make higher gain patch antenna assemblies for the ST16.

I use an Itelite and find it to be a bit cumbersome, but I don’t get video stutter or dropouts while using it.
Thats what Im trying to fix is the Video stutter

Thats what Im trying to fix is the Video stutter
4Hawks has two versions and they are smaller in size than the Itelite, and therefore easier to stow and use.

The products of both companies work the same by using Patch style antennas that are much more focused. The signal going out and coming back are of the same transmission strength, but the patch antennas having a narrower beamwidth concentrate the signal better. The down side of this is that you have to keep the antenna facing the aircraft at all times. Once outside the antenna’s beam the signal falls off very rapidly.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy