Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Long range antennas in UK/Ireland

Reaction score
I wanted to order FPVLR kit from US but I just realised that shipping fee is quite steep. Is there anywhere in EU preferably UK or IE where I could buy FPVLR kit or an equivalent?

Thanks!

Reactions: yuneec53
I'm in Ireland.
I should have delivery of those antennae this week so I can try them on an Eu H. Make sure to message him with the order when ordering, to supply them left hand circular polarisation for a TYH. Don't send him a separate message through ebay as he cannot associate that with the order easily. The one on ebay is right hand.
I got a right hand one by mistake and no way its going back. Its beautifully built with attached SWR readings. It will make a nice sculpture in my apartment.
Look at Ibcrazy on youtube who designs this stuff. The man is a genius.

I'm in Ireland.
I should have delivery of those antennae this week so I can try them on an Eu H. Make sure to message him with the order when ordering, to supply them left hand circular polarisation for a TYH. Don't send him a separate message through ebay as he cannot associate that with the order easily. The one on ebay is right hand.
I got a right hand one by mistake and no way its going back. Its beautifully built with attached SWR readings. It will make a nice sculpture in my apartment.
Look at Ibcrazy on youtube who designs this stuff. The man is a genius.

I just ordered a kit. Funnily enough he is my fellow country man. And yes he is a genius!!

Whereabouts are you? I live in Dublin and I'm always looking for company to fly

I believe the Yuneec antennas are Left hand circular polarized. Also the connector needs to be RP-SMA to fit the connections on the ST16. You may also have a problem with the standard threaded nut that comes on the SMA connector. Generally the nut is too long to screw completely onto the H connectors. You can file the end of the nut off to make it shorter so it will fit but you need to blow out all the shavings to make certain it is clean.

Reactions: banned user
I believe the Yuneec antennas are Left hand circular polarized. Also the connector needs to be RP-SMA to fit the connections on the ST16. You may also have a problem with the standard threaded nut that comes on the SMA connector. Generally the nut is too long to screw completely onto the H connectors. You can file the end of the nut off to make it shorter so it will fit but you need to blow out all the shavings to make certain it is clean.
Thats right Steve. Forgot to mention that about the connector. It's a female plug you need on it.

I wanted to order FPVLR kit from US but I just realised that shipping fee is quite steep. Is there anywhere in EU preferably UK or IE where I could buy FPVLR kit or an equivalent?

Thanks!

Horizonfpv uk have antenna specifically for H. They have long experience in the field of transmitter and receiver pairing. They are based in South Wales.

Yuneec Typhoon Itelite Black

Last edited:
I am going to try the Itelite if these do not work out.
I am still getting video dropouts so hope they will help.
They are directional so must be pointed at the craft for max effect.

I was thinking of Itelite, but the fact they are directional put me off it..

I reached 1200m once in perfect conditions without any problems, probably it would go a bit further but didn't want to push my luck. I flew 1k today also without problems. Then other times I would barely reach 600m.

What happens when the craft goes out of range? Does it RTH or hovers until signal comes back ? Would video go off first giving me a chance to come back to regain the signal?

I was thinking of Itelite, but the fact they are directional put me off it..

I reached 1200m once in perfect conditions without any problems, probably it would go a bit further but didn't want to push my luck. I flew 1k today also without problems. Then other times I would barely reach 600m.

What happens when the craft goes out of range? Does it RTH or hovers until signal comes back ? Would video go off first giving me a chance to come back to regain the signal?
Yep, the video will go before the radio because the vid is 5.8 and the radio 2.4, once the 2.4 goes it will start a RTH, often you will find if you are in LOS that if you yaw slowly or even pan the camera slowly so that the 5.8 tx antenna faces you you will get vid back. The problem is the location of the 5.8 antenna, its facing front inside the camera housing..I wonder if they couldn't have put diversity antenna in there, and why they wasted money and weight on stereo microphones..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone