Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for good battery source - Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is hanging in there during this mess. I've got four batteries for my typhoon h. Two of them are the OEM that came as part of a kit, two of them are brand morpilot. The two morpilot batteries are a little bit newer and in perfect health. They were purchased on Amazon for $70 a piece. The two OEM batteries, when being used or charged, get a very slight puffiness to the inside label part. The plastic casing that holds the battery together does not swell or seem to have a problem. After cooling down from use or charging the puffiness does go away and there is no permanent swelling. They fit in the Drone and the charger just fine. I've done a couple flights in this condition but starting to get a little bit wary, especially after reading some of the posts with people saying anytime you get a battery that's swollen you should immediately retire it.

I've been using the very good morpilot dual charger/conditioner and storing them properly after every use. They probably only have about 20 charge cycles on them so it's a bit disappointing, and they're only about 2 years old. Anyway I think I should replace them and went to Amazon to get some more of the morpilot batteries which are also 6300, slightly larger than the default 5000. However they no longer sell them. The only ones I found were a Chinese brand (gifipower). Which can be had anywhere from $100 to $150 (USD) depending on the company that sources them and how quickly you get them, the reviews are mixed. Many people have had them be dead on arrival or have crashed their drone from sudden failure, so I'm very uncomfortable ordering these. Should I just try to track down the OEM ones from the manufacturer site?

Not sure why the prices have skyrocketed so much but I guess it's because battery consumption worldwide has gone up significantly. Anyway, if someone has a good source for the morpilot battery or one that they very much like as a third party, please share that information, it would be greatly appreciated.

If your flight times are not significantly reduced on the OEM batteries and the puffiness is slight and can be pushed back in with light finger pressure, there is likely nothing wrong with the OEM’s. Mine have been that way since day one and the puffiness is just with heat on the thin plastic information covers.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If your flight times are not significantly reduced on the OEM batteries and the puffiness is slight and can be pushed back in with light finger pressure, there is likely nothing wrong with the OEM’s. Mine have been that way since day one and the puffiness is just with heat on the thin plastic information covers.
thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I've noticed. flight times are completely normal and it's just that plastic label membrane that's slightly puffy. it goes down after a while. if I do push on it the battery pack underneath feels completely flat. also it's summer in Arizona so they tend to heat up pretty bad. I'll keep using them but be very cautious to watch the battery indicator. if they start acting wierd I'll dispose of them.

on a side note, have you found any replacements at a reasonable price. looks like I'm going to be running with these four batteries until they expire and then probably switch over to a different drone from DJI.

I will be doing this when my present batteries give out. Battery Adapter, Typhoon H, DIY
holy crap I'm not going through all of that even though I'm pretty good with a solder gun and what not. Don't want to risk screwing up the battery and crashing the drone. once these batteries start losing life. I'll sell the drone and move on to something that's current.

You're not interested in a second typhoon h are you? I might actually sell now while the batteries are still good and the drone is new

You can actually find better and less expensive batteries by converting to standard connectors. It is not sleek looking anymore, but you are not having to pay for a (Y)unique connection and latch.

You can actually find better and less expensive batteries by converting to standard connectors. It is not sleek looking anymore, but you are not having to pay for a (Y)unique connection and latch.
I've decided to sell my slightly used typhoon h. I will post a listing here shortly. I don't want to have to finagle making batteries on a discontinued unsupported unit. it is a terrific drone and I have been extremely pleased with it in almost all aspects. but I'm going to move on at this point and reduce size and get a mavic air 2 I believe.

Hi guys, hope everyone is hanging in there during this mess. I've got four batteries for my typhoon h. Two of them are the OEM that came as part of a kit, two of them are brand morpilot. The two morpilot batteries are a little bit newer and in perfect health. They were purchased on Amazon for $70 a piece. The two OEM batteries, when being used or charged, get a very slight puffiness to the inside label part. The plastic casing that holds the battery together does not swell or seem to have a problem. After cooling down from use or charging the puffiness does go away and there is no permanent swelling. They fit in the Drone and the charger just fine. I've done a couple flights in this condition but starting to get a little bit wary, especially after reading some of the posts with people saying anytime you get a battery that's swollen you should immediately retire it.

I've been using the very good morpilot dual charger/conditioner and storing them properly after every use. They probably only have about 20 charge cycles on them so it's a bit disappointing, and they're only about 2 years old. Anyway I think I should replace them and went to Amazon to get some more of the morpilot batteries which are also 6300, slightly larger than the default 5000. However they no longer sell them. The only ones I found were a Chinese brand (gifipower). Which can be had anywhere from $100 to $150 (USD) depending on the company that sources them and how quickly you get them, the reviews are mixed. Many people have had them be dead on arrival or have crashed their drone from sudden failure, so I'm very uncomfortable ordering these. Should I just try to track down the OEM ones from the manufacturer site?

Not sure why the prices have skyrocketed so much but I guess it's because battery consumption worldwide has gone up significantly. Anyway, if someone has a good source for the morpilot battery or one that they very much like as a third party, please share that information, it would be greatly appreciated.
About this time last year I was looking for batteries for my H but couldn't source Power 4's at that time and the only ones I could see were giffi 8050 batteries. Like you , I had seen mixed reviews about them but since I needed a battery I took a chance and ordered one. Maybe I was lucky, i dunno, but it turned out to be the best battery in my inventory achieving more that 20 minutes in the air.

True that I've not flown this battery very much what with bad winter weather, covid-19, and a stroke, but I flew this battery along with a couple of others a few weeks ago and it did just fine. I'm not recommending giffy. you buy one or not...it's up to you. All i'm saying is that I have one and it works just fine.

About this time last year I was looking for batteries for my H but couldn't source Power 4's at that time and the only ones I could see were giffi 8050 batteries. Like you , I had seen mixed reviews about them but since I needed a battery I took a chance and ordered one. Maybe I was lucky, i dunno, but it turned out to be the best battery in my inventory achieving more that 20 minutes in the air.

True that I've not flown this battery very much what with bad winter weather, covid-19, and a stroke, but I flew this battery along with a couple of others a few weeks ago and it did just fine. I'm not recommending giffy. you buy one or not...it's up to you. All i'm saying is that I have one and it works just fine.

thank you for your input. I'm sure when they work well when they're good. but like a lot of things that are made cheap you can get a dud or one that randomly fails and I don't want to risk losing the drone entirely because of an iffy battery. at this point I'm pretty sold on downsizing as I don't really need a drone that big and it is kind of a hassle to haul around. so I'm probably going to get a mavic air 2. you can get a complete kit with multiple batteries for a thousand bucks. The camera should be at least as good if not a little bit better and the unit is much smaller and for my needs works perfectly for light commercial work.

My two gifi batteries for my 4-yr old Typhoon H are much better than the original Yuneec versions in my experience.

That's the way mine is on the thin label sides it got a bit puffy so once I noticed that I never used it again for fear that I might not be able to get it out of the Drone.

I truly fear the next time something major goes wrong with my drone because I most likely will not get another one.

I have had my share of problems and crashes Etc and I don't want any more problems so therefore I'm being extremely cautious as I can in every aspect
Keith Kuhn

My original 2 OEM batteries for the H were slightly puffy but nevertheless they lasted for over three years of hobby flying, including one major crash . My replacement gifi 8050 batteries seem to remain a good fit (not puffy) after 6 months and have given me significantly better flight times into the bargain.

If you find them on Aliexpress.. some selling them for less than 80 USD for high capacity ones..... DO NOT buy them. They most likely have none in stock and they will start making excuses after you pay. Or worse like in my case they will pretend to post them giving you a fake tracking #, then when it gets delivered(not to you and not your product) they will tell you the parcel has come back to them for "unknown reason". The next they will tell you that they do not batteries in stock(nonsense considering they got the parcel with them back). Anyway I have got screwed up with some jerks there and now fighting to get my refund asap. It seems I have two options now either cancel my credit card or wait freaking 75 days.

If you find them on Aliexpress.. some selling them for less than 80 USD for high capacity ones..... DO NOT buy them. They most likely have none in stock and they will start making excuses after you pay. Or worse like in my case they will pretend to post them giving you a fake tracking #, then when it gets delivered(not to you and not your product) they will tell you the parcel has come back to them for "unknown reason". The next they will tell you that they do not batteries in stock(nonsense considering they got the parcel with them back). Anyway I have got screwed up with some jerks there and now fighting to get my refund asap. It seems I have two options now either cancel my credit card or wait freaking 75 days.

Bummer
I have never deal with Aliexpress

I buy things sometimes there. That has been the only negative experience over 7-10 years.
If you do not know you can even get things cheaper on Alibaba but it should be something big. There are mostly wholesalers listed there even though some offer 1 piece purchase as a sample. If you trick them into thinking you are going to buy later in bulk you may get a battery cheap.

I bought my electric bike there and paid $1650 with sea freight while the cheapest identical bike in Australia is almost $2300
Aliexpress on the other hand is bad for these big things like electric bikes now. They want more for them that you can get it in Australia so Alibaba comes handy to source the best price. Most likely to be a problem with small sellers on Aliexpress getting good shipping rates for shipping a bike and its battery. They should be shipped separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pier2162
Hi guys, I want to share with you my experience with Cameron Sino batteries.
I got two of them for my Chroma and two for my TH, what I can say is that them are much better than original and flight time has been increased more than 5 minutes on both birds.
After more than 1 year and many flight hours, the capacity remains almost the same and no puffing. Well, properly maintained, always put in storage when not in use, charged no more than 1/2 C, but their quality is out of discussion, much better than GIFI Power ones.
If you're interested, these brand can be found on this site:
www.batteryupgrade.com
Here the link to the TH battery
Better to chose "tracked parcel" at checkout.
On the same site you can find also GIFI Power battery for TH, more expensive but I tested few of them and there is no comparison with CS.
GIFI gives the same flight time than original also if they are labeled 6400 mA...

Last edited:
There are only european countries on their list for a customer address. I tried to put it in a cart to see what shipping cost would be. However I ended up with no way to enter my australian address because there is no Australia on their list.
Aliexpress is dead for me. It is not because of that crappy seller, it is because Aliexpress support is pretending there is nothing they can do. They are simply telling me to keep demanding refund in their dispute or wait 75 days till they can step in.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval