Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for Indy flyiers....

Reaction score
I live in Indiana. this will be my 34th indy 500 in a row and yes im only a old 39. I was planning on taking my 4K with me and taking some shots. But local news said that drons or quads are not welcome. Thats some bull ****. Anyway im just looking for some local friends to fly with. My wife is a DJ so i so i have the chace to go with her now and then and fly and take photos and some videos. Maybe we can team up

Well 1st I would not fly above 400Ft. why u ask it will not go over 400 with out a hack and mine is not.
I always keep the aircraft within visual line of sitht
Never said i was going to fly by a manned aircraft.
Track is not within 5 miles of airport.
I never was going to fly over the track and if you fly you cant tell me you have never flown over people. If you say you havent your a liar. Pretty funny that i live in Plainfield just west of the track and local police come watch me fly over Meijer, Kroger, US 40. And dont say a word. I Take photos at weddings all the time.

I am not careless or reckless with my aircraft.

Its people like you that bring bad names to Drones or quads. Oh he flew over 1 person. I know the FAA rules. I still think that responsible fliers should not be restricked. I went ahead and took it with me just to see if it would start up. And YEP no problem. Came right on.. I did not fly it just to stay out of trouble.

Why is that "some bull ****"? FAA regulations specifically say:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

You're SOL with the near people of stadiums provision then there is the interference with manned aircraft flying (IMS becomes a heliport before during and after the race) then there are the 10 other heliports and 2 airports within 5 miles of the track. During the race there will be several helicopters, fixed wing aircraft and a blimp flying around the track. What you want to do comes under the reckless heading as stated in the FAA Regs

Well the sectional charts your looking at and the upper shelf of the class charlie airspace are wrong or my Q500 4K is wrong. It started up no problem. And i have taken it to my work and it will not start up.

Well looking at your *** chart u dont know what the **** your talking about. Might be a good time to shut up. Seeing i live here and have been there done that. Just saying. Your charts are not always correct.

The yuneec software is set on major airports and the bird will not start within those areas.

The FAA lists all airports, including heliports and hospitals, everything.

Even though your bird may start up it is still your responsibility to "get permission" from any airport whose area you intend to fly within.

It may be a pain but it's not complicated.

The yuneec software is set on major airports and the bird will not start within those areas.

The FAA lists all airports, including heliports and hospitals, everything.

Even though your bird may start up it is still your responsibility to "get permission" from any airport whose area you intend to fly within.

It may be a pain but it's not complicated.
I understand the rules from the FAA and i can understand the rules and regs that we have to follow. I just think it kind of sucks that i spend the money on the Q 500 4K and someone has to tell me when and where i can fly. FAA and the Goverment. This is the HOME OF THE FREE. Bull ****. Its the Home of the goverment telling you what u can do and cant do. I get tired of People like DerStig that think they know everything. Who gives a **** about the Upper shelf, Charlie air space, Delta, Gama ****. Fly responsible and there should be a problem.

I love talking to bumb fucks like u. Did u go to the 500? Well i did... my q 500 started up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33