Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Looking for Vendors- Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
Saw this thread as I am interested in purchasing a Yuneec H+ ...I can not reach any one by phone. I am put on hold for sales next hear you are caller #1 and will be assisted by the next (blah blah) then click call dropped. Every attempt same thing. Web site not any help emailed them receive an automated reply and never a live body answer.

What the futz is going on with this company ? Tried dealers as well like B&H and Best Buy ...Best Buy is totally clueless and BH is not much better ... should I call China .....?

Reactions: ogrench
It's better to buy from a dealer. There are lots of vendors who sell the H. Terrestrial Imaging is knowledgeable.
What information are you looking for?

Why not call Yuneec themselves...?
Ask for current deals especially on refirbs
The sales team has been great whenever I called them.
Free shipping and NO Tax in their quotes to me.

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to touch base with Yuneec USA and see if I could get a feel for the company. I am impressed with what I have learned so far on this forum about Yuneec and the Hurricane line. I am trying to cover as many bases as I can in my decision making process. I try to research things to the point of exhaustion some times. I believe my biggest concern would be support and parts availability.

Saw this thread as I am interested in purchasing a Yuneec H+ ...I can not reach any one by phone. I am put on hold for sales next hear you are caller #1 and will be assisted by the next (blah blah) then click call dropped. Every attempt same thing. Web site not any help emailed them receive an automated reply and never a live body answer.

What the futz is going on with this company ? Tried dealers as well like B&H and Best Buy ...Best Buy is totally clueless and BH is not much better ... should I call China .....?
hmm! maybe Carolina Drones...

I ran with the suggestions from you younger generation folks regarding Carolina Drones and Terrestrial Imaging. :) They can provide much of what I may need (both candy stores). I will keep trying to call Yuneec I found a different phone number for them I will give that a try.

Possibly the H+ they seem backordered most places. Also, want to get a feel for the customer service. I have heard they are spread pretty thin at the Corona location.

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to touch base with Yuneec USA and see if I could get a feel for the company. I am impressed with what I have learned so far on this forum about Yuneec and the Hurricane line. I am trying to cover as many bases as I can in my decision making process. I try to research things to the point of exhaustion some times. I believe my biggest concern would be support and parts availability.
I'll give you my opinion of Yuneec based on my experiences with them.
'When the typhoon H first came out it was the new "Must Have "drone and there was a long wait
for delivery, I got mine in the second wave of shipments and had problems right out of the box. (Bad Compass Issues)
Yuneec for me was excellent in there service, Three day delivery from East to West coast paid for by them.
repaired within a few days. OVERNIGHT return from West Coast to East.
Not fixed, sent back for repair, and returned but still problems.
Called back and they sent again OVERNIGHT a NEW Color Box Complete unit while my return unit was in transit.
They then sent me a FREE battery for all my troubles !
While I had problems, I posted some videos of my "Toilet Bowling" and when I talked to Yuneec, I sent them the link
to the video, they watched it while I was talking to them, and thats when they decided to sent me a NEW unit.

No problems with my Typhoon H for three years until I crashed it this April (2019).
When I called them they answered two calls within minutes and the third call I had to leave a call back number and a time to call. They called back Almost to the second ! During these calls, they reviewed the Flight Logs I sent them, and suggested ways to do repairs.
They said it was out of warranty, (I knew that, so no problem) but could set me up with a refirbed unit at good prices. For the next few days, the sales girls sent me almost daily updates on available units and prices.
Again this was April-May of this year (2019).
I have been happy with Yuneec service, although I must admit that the service staff has been reduced since the original product release, but has been very responsive in repair issues.
The email communication was great on the repair, received Unit, In for Repair, Released, Shipped with tracking, and I even got a check list of all the functions checked and price for the repair, noted at the bottom "Serviced Under Warranty) no charge.
I decided to change Drones and then purchased a Autel EVO, but have been very happy with the Yuneec Product.

Other other Hand, Autel seems to have a slower approach to repairs. Yes they answered my calls, but take their
time in doing repairs and taking the least expensive route for free shipping. If you go on the Autel Pilots Forum, most people have about a 30+ day turn around for warranty repairs. Their line to me and others was "We are a Small Company and doing the best we can" When I called the service department to check on my status, They told me it was scheduled in the next few days as they take repairs in order of units received. The next day I got an email that they had shipped the unit back to me TWO DAYS before !
I got my repair back in my orginal box with NO repair receipt and have NO idea of what they did to the controller, although it works now and I have had no further problems.

I had DJI products before My Yuneec and I won't even waste my time describing my experiences with them !

Something else to remember that Summer is the busy season for repairs because more people are flying and crashing their drones ! So calls might take a little more time to be returned !

Good Luck in your Quest !

Possibly the H+ they seem backordered most places. Also, want to get a feel for the customer service. I have heard they are spread pretty thin at the Corona location.

If you want to get a feel for customer service there are pages upon pages of stories on this forum. Long story short - 3 years ago it was good to great, today it is a crap shoot. I bought my Plus over a year ago when almost no one here had one and I was in the same boat as I suspect you are now. I felt then, and still do now that; if an electronic system like a Typhoon H has a problem it will likely show up early in its use.

I have been a B&H customer for 25 years and they would have been my first choice as if I had ANY problems - they would have allowed me to return. Here in the states the ONLY outlet that got Plus's (outside of Yuneec) was Best Buy. So at the time, the choice was simple; if I purchased a 'dud' from Yuneec, I was going to get into the never ending RMA-back-and-forth-month-long-waiting-ritual. NOPE.

Best Buy was it. Why? 14 days replacement - no questions asked and within that period I had a 'bailout' option to return for a partial payment. In other words, my worst case scenario was to buy a Plus and if it turned out to be a pile of crap I was going to get all but about 300 bucks back.

With that, I reasoned that I had two weeks to shake down the Plus and decide if it truly was what it was sold to be. After that point I would be on my own. I had found that the camera was everything I hoped for and the flying was superb so all I had to do was not crash it or do something stupid and I felt I had a 95% chance of having a solid aircraft for the foreseeable future as long as I was dutiful in operation and VERY selective in updates (but that is another story). ;)

In the end, we are taking a chance when we get one of these things but the biggest and most likely problems and obstacles are the ones we create out of thin air. If I were to buy another Plus today I think I would go at it precisely the same way, and by this I mean: get it from someone who can do an instant return if its a lemon and once it has performed a couple hours flight time within the return period to satisfaction, never look back and do your diligence on reading through the pages on this forum and you will have a very good chance of not ever needing Yuneec support. But if you ever do need Yuneec CS, be patient with them and find out from others stories on this forum, the best way of getting in touch with them. Good Luck.

Reactions: LinsonW
TY Pilot, Atomic 8 all good information ...One of the reasons I am still fixated on the Plus is the forum. I have become quite enamored with all the help and information from you all. I had found some information that Yuneec was having some financial difficulties a couple years back and that concerned me. I still feel their 6 engine Hurricanes are a good choice. I certainly can not afford a DJI Matrice and really have no reason to want one. The Yuneec is a big leap, however, not out of my reach. I am focusing on taking my certificate test now. The cool thing is I can take it right here at the regional airport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval