Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Losing video feed a few seconds into flight

Reaction score
Recently purchased typhoon g (with GoPro) I lose video feed right after takeoff.
I am overseas currently and I am unable to go to manufacturer, is there anything
I can do now to try and fix this? This is my first drone, I am flying ok but without video feed I am not focusing on subject. Sometimes the camera has dropped straight down during filming because the control is located on the edge were my hand is. Without the video I did not realize I dropped the angle. Will be taping over the control.
Wish I could fix this problem as I purchased the drone specially for this vacation.
Would appreciate any help you may offer. Thank you.

Recently purchased typhoon g (with GoPro) I lose video feed right after takeoff.
I am overseas currently and I am unable to go to manufacturer, is there anything
I can do now to try and fix this? This is my first drone, I am flying ok but without video feed I am not focusing on subject. Sometimes the camera has dropped straight down during filming because the control is located on the edge were my hand is. Without the video I did not realize I dropped the angle. Will be taping over the control.
Wish I could fix this problem as I purchased the drone specially for this vacation.
Would appreciate any help you may offer. Thank you.

Hi Seagull,

Sad to hear you're having trouble. If you updated the firmware on your GoPro to version 4.0, this is probably why. If it is still on 3.0, leave it alone. The USB port on the GoPro doesn't output signal with 4.0 and you won't have video feed. I too have a Q500G and I didn't check what was included in the 4.0 upgrade. I have lost video feed also. I realize this doesn't fix your problem, but at least you'll have one place to start looking for a solution. I'm looking for a way to downgrade my go pro back to 3.0 and will post any findings here.

I also have noticed that I sometimes don't get the mushroom antenna in correctly on the MK58. Be sure it has a slight "click" when you connect it.

Your speed control is on the other side from the gimbal tilt control, and can be accidentally bumped off too, causing you to have slow response time if it's windy. I almost didn't get back on the ground when low battery occurred, because I didn't realize I was on turtle, these drones are definitely a live and learn proposition.

Best wishes,
Santa

Hi Seagull,

Sad to hear you're having trouble. If you updated the firmware on your GoPro to version 4.0, this is probably why. If it is still on 3.0, leave it alone. The USB port on the GoPro doesn't output signal with 4.0 and you won't have video feed. I too have a Q500G and I didn't check what was included in the 4.0 upgrade. I have lost video feed also. I realize this doesn't fix your problem, but at least you'll have one place to start looking for a solution. I'm looking for a way to downgrade my go pro back to 3.0 and will post any findings here.

I also have noticed that I sometimes don't get the mushroom antenna in correctly on the MK58. Be sure it has a slight "click" when you connect it.

Your speed control is on the other side from the gimbal tilt control, and can be accidentally bumped off too, causing you to have slow response time if it's windy. I almost didn't get back on the ground when low battery occurred, because I didn't realize I was on turtle, these drones are definitely a live and learn proposition.

Best wishes,
Santa

Thanks Santa for your reply. I did just check my GoPro version and it is 3.0 so it seems my problem is something else. I get video for only a couple of second then I lose it. I checked the antenna also. You are right about the speed control lever also. I just taped a small plastic cover over the contro that flips up to move the lever, should also do that on the other side. I guess I need to contact Yuneec when I get home. Thanks

IMG_4304.JPG Seagull,

I have been going through several checks with various spare parts I have acquired for this bird.

I also have a SOLO drone, and it uses the GoPro also, so I have two cams. Both exhibit the same symptoms. I have found the 3.0 FW and have reverted cam 1 with success.

Another possible cause is the 2 wire cord that connects the side of the gimbal, the MK58, and the USB on th cam.

I found that one of mine wasn't sending signal. I predict you don't have spare parts, but You might check that the white plug on the port side of the gimbal has a slight "click" when you plug it in.

Hope this helps. I'll stay signed in for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: spyguy
View attachment 2953 Seagull,

I have been going through several checks with various spare parts I have acquired for this bird.

I also have a SOLO drone, and it uses the GoPro also, so I have two cams. Both exhibit the same symptoms. I have found the 3.0 FW and have reverted cam 1 with success.

Another possible cause is the 2 wire cord that connects the side of the gimbal, the MK58, and the USB on th cam.

I found that one of mine wasn't sending signal. I predict you don't have spare parts, but You might check that the white plug on the port side of the gimbal has a slight "click" when you plug it in.

Hope this helps. I'll stay signed in for awhile.

NewI'm having problems getting ANY video feed on my s10+ controller from my hero3 when on the typhoon g.
how do i check to see if all the wires in the cord are properly seated and connected?

My problem was losing video feed right after take off. Problem was solved with a new transmitter.
The wire that connects to the gimbal (that has the white plastic on the end- see photo posted above) is somewhat tricky to attack.
I used my nail to push it until it is flush, very slight click. It is a little hard to get to. Here is a link showing someone hooking up wires for GoPro-

Did you bind it correctly with the controller. Could this be the cause? Here is a link for how to do it.

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop