Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lost Comm return to home fail

Reaction score
Had a loss of comm issue today where the H520 landed where it was instead of returning to home. Unfortunately, it was over a heavy tree stand at the time and the E50 detached on impact and was destroyed. I had a battery disconnect earlier this year (my fault for not double checking the latch) and I'm really losing confidence in this platform. My DJI P4, while not as capable, has never had an issue. The 520 is supposed to be "commercial grade." I really don't know what that means now and I'm doubting my decision in not going with the Inspire.

Reactions: biltno
Had a loss of comm issue today where the H520 landed where it was instead of returning to home. Unfortunately, it was over a heavy tree stand at the time and the E50 detached on impact and was destroyed. I had a battery disconnect earlier this year (my fault for not double checking the latch) and I'm really losing confidence in this platform. My DJI P4, while not as capable, has never had an issue. The 520 is supposed to be "commercial grade." I really don't know what that means now and I'm doubting my decision in not going with the Inspire.
Sorry to hear about that. I routinely test that function and have not had that happen. It will land where it is if GPS signal is not locked or in a poor GPS reception area. I test by flying out of range or simply turning off the controller. Check the logs to determine GPS signal at time of signal loss. Was there plenty of battery as well?

Reactions: Cwlbunch
Battery was the first thing I checked due to my previous incident. That was fine and GPS was in the green on the ST16. I'm downloading the logs now. It was line of sight only 1600 feet away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval