Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Low controller GPS

Reaction score
I have recently been getting a low controller GPS warning. All GPS are showing in the green. I set both devises out in the field for 45 minutes to hopefully aquire more sats but stll get the warning. She will take off and fly ok but does seem to drift a bit.
I fly it at the same location and it did not have this problem in March when I last fkew it.

Thx in advance for any help with this.
Terry

How many satellites are you getting on both aircraft and controller?

Does the number of satellites for the controller drastically drop during use? If that happens, I suggest you set the RTL setting to the takeoff location and not the controller location. That way you know where the aircraft will go to in the event you initiate an RTL or an RTL is invoked due to loss of connection.

I worked on an ST16S early this year that had an issue with the GPS antenna going bad. After replacing the antenna it started functioning correctly again.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Those numbers are actually very good for both aircraft and the controller.

Can you call up the message history and post the actual message and the text color of the message? You can take a screenshot by holding the middle button just below the screen for a couple of seconds.

I fly it at the same location and it did not have this problem in March when I last fkew it.
The satellites are not geo-stationary. They orbit the earth so they are constantly moving. That means that on a given day you may get fewer/more satellites than the previous day.
I suspect everything is normal. It's also common for the aircraft GPS to pick up a couple of more satellites as you increase altitude.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I to the drone for a flight tonight and had really good sat status but still getting weak gps warning and low controlle voltage. The controller battery eas charged to 90% and 100% charge on the drone batt. She flew great and the only warning i seen on the screen while in flight was the geomagnetic warning.
I took some pics of the flight screens.
Thx. Terry

Attachments

• 0624222150b_Burst01.jpg
    0624222150b_Burst01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 0624222150a_Burst01.jpg
    0624222150a_Burst01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 0624222149.jpg
    0624222149.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
What is your current setting for RTL location, the takeoff point or the ST16S?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Do I need to set the RTL designation for every flight or will it remain the same as previously set.
Setting currently shows no designation but I checked it with only the st16s powered up.
Thx. Terry

Attachments

• 0625221646.jpg
    0625221646.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
I think my controller battery has gone bad. I put the batteries on charge for a flight and the controller battery discharged instead of charge using the oem charger. The contoller shows controller battery red but will show green when i plug in the usb cable but she will not charge.
The last time I flew, the controller was showing 80% initially and was at 50% at the end of the flight. I was getting low contrioller voltage during the flight.

I followed the troubleshooting guidelines for battery but do not know how to go about charging the battery with the battery removed.
Can the battery be charged with other usb chargers?

I think my controller battery has gone bad. I put the batteries on charge for a flight and the controller battery discharged instead of charge using the oem charger. The contoller shows controller battery red but will show green when i plug in the usb cable but she will not charge.
The last time I flew, the controller was showing 80% initially and was at 50% at the end of the flight. I was getting low contrioller voltage during the flight.
You can try using a 2A USB charger for the ST16S. That is what I use for charging my ST16’s.

If the voltage gets too low you may have to partially charge it outside of the controller first.

@Ty Pilot can give you guidance on which contacts to use to charge outside of the controller.

I plugged my 1.8 amp cell phone charger in and the chage rate intermittant red and green ribbons. Took a small video and pic. The pic with voltage in red was with charger unplugged.

Attachments

• 0710221031a.jpg
    0710221031a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 0710221031.jpg
    0710221031.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
I plugged my 1.8 amp cell phone charger in and the chage rate intermittant red and green ribbons. Took a small video and pic. The pic with voltage in red was with charger unplugged.
Sorry, but I'm not sure from your description the relation between the charger being plugged in and the controller being on/off.

I don't think the USB port ever functions as a charger port when the controller is turned on.
Turn off the controller, then plug in the charger. About 30 seconds after plugging in the charger, the screen should display the charge status.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33