Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Made it past the longest night...

Reaction score
For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, flying times are only going to get longer from today. We even had some rather nice blue skies here in the UK - time for a brief flight!

Are you going to manage to get to the skies over Christmas, or will the family keep you trapped indoors watching the same film for the 100th time?

Reactions: Brent D
It's raining today in L.A., but expecting sunshine on Sunday.

My plan for Christmas Day is to head to any open public space after all the gifts have been opened and take pictures of dads teaching the kids to operate their new RC's from 40-60'.

Not too close mind you, don't want the kids to regret they weren't gifted a Yuneec H.

It's raining today in L.A., but expecting sunshine on Sunday.

My plan for Christmas Day is to head to any open public space after all the gifts have been opened and take pictures of dads teaching the kids to operate their new RC's from 40-60'.

Not too close mind you, don't want the kids to regret they weren't gifted a Yuneec H.

I got that last year with my Chroma.... lots of angry dads at their kids crashing and not being calm or helpful. So many knock offs out there this season. Every store has some kind of camera flipping amazo drone for sale with knock off names and no parts available. Fine line between bonding and bitching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will be home alone on Christmas, my wife is working. Weather should be clear so I will fly in California.

We are never alone on a holiday. Our mind always takes us to where we want to be. Like you I'll be away from family but my thoughts certainly won't be. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hit 55 degrees F here in WV today. Should be near 70 by Monday. Got to love that global warming...
We are headed to Florida to visit family after Christmas. Definitely taking the H.

Plan to shoot... thinking that where I'm going, there will be almost no one there,
so few issues with distractions... and no witnesses if I f up... ;)

I'm going to shoot. Driving to South Texas from Wisconsin over the next week. Boy I hope nothing goes wrong with my bird!

So much for shooting this weekend...

"Windy with light rain developing in the afternoon. High 52F. Winds S at 25 to 35 mph.
Chance of rain 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 45 mph."

With my occasional drifting issues and my still relative inexperience,
looks like it's a UAV Pilot Simulator and Rogue One weekend.

If you're up for some company I'd love to join another Typhoon H flyer. I'm by the Bev Center. Just East of Beverly Hills by 1 block and South of Weho. There's Pan Pacific park near me.. .. or I was thinking of going up to the dog park n Mulholland and Laurel Canyon --but open to anywhere.

Something about a lot of dogs and a landing H doesn't sit well for me. More than a few times I've had issues with playful dogs not on a leash at a river beach when landing. Save a little extra battery time for that, or hand catch.

Reactions: deMARCOman
If you're up for some company I'd love to join another Typhoon H flyer. I'm by the Bev Center. Just East of Beverly Hills by 1 block and South of Weho. There's Pan Pacific park near me.. .. or I was thinking of going up to the dog park n Mulholland and Laurel Canyon --but open to anywhere.

Keep in mind that earlier this year, a law was passed that you can't fly drones in public parks in LA City/County.

Something about a lot of dogs and a landing H doesn't sit well for me. More than a few times I've had issues with playful dogs not on a leash at a river beach when landing. Save a little extra battery time for that, or hand catch.

I've had a kid run up and try to kick mine when I was showing his father how it worked on an RTH. I only catch now. I've found that helps people respect my space and see that in not messing around and I'm in control. Their cannot be any distractions when you are flying and shooting from curious looky Lou's. Nothing worse than someone popping up while focusing on coming back safely. This is really a two person pursuit if you are doing serious video work. We need drone cones to establish our own do not disturb zones.

Keep in mind that earlier this year, a law was passed that you can't fly drones in public parks in LA City/County.

Thanks. It's only illegal if they catch you. LOL. kidding --but that's the logic I use when I roll thru a stop sign. Which. Works great. Until I'm caught.

Anyways.. I'm tired of flying down by the LA river. Where else is there to go in LA and fly LEGALLY?

It's tough in LA. Between all of the airports and other restrictions you have to go to places like Apollo XI Model Aircraft Airport, which, ironically, is only 2.5 miles from the Van Nuys Airport yet allows a 400' height max. Hermosa beach is just far enough south of LAX, Santa Clarita, Simi Valley, etc. I'm sure there may be one or two local spots where it might be okay to fly, I just don't know where they are. It might be worth starting a thread listing safe places to fly.

Thanks. It's only illegal if they catch you. LOL. kidding --but that's the logic I use when I roll thru a stop sign. Which. Works great. Until I'm caught.

If you fly through a red light camera, will the police contact the FAA to mail you the ticket? :p

I've had a kid run up and try to kick mine when I was showing his father how it worked on an RTH. I only catch now. We need drone cones to establish our own do not disturb zones.
LOL! My favorite quip when kids (or adults) are pestering me while flying is, "Go away kid (dude). You bother me." o_O

I'm telling you... we need do not disturb shirts....

Something along the lines of:

"Distracting the pilot during take-off and landing,
can result in accidental decapitation"

;)

Reactions: adtuck and Willyib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member