Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Main board

It is usually RTV.

Bought a new main board, and noticed there no velometer (or whatever its called ?), no sd card ( but theres a drop of black rtv where the card goes ?) is this normal why would there be a drop of atv since as is wouldn't do anything ? This is brand new.

Bought a new main board, and noticed there no velometer (or whatever its called ?), no sd card ( but theres a drop of black rtv where the card goes ?) is this normal why would there be a drop of atv since as is wouldn't do anything ? This is brand new.
It should have had the card installed. If you are changing out the board I guess you could remove the card from the old board and use it on the new one.

Reactions: DCH
It should have had the card installed. If you are changing out the board I guess you could remove the card from the old board and use it on the new one.
Thats what l thought, so now i've got to believe that vertigo sold me a used board l'm going to call them on monday because it was expensive ? I also believe they shold have told me, and adjusted the price ?

Reactions: Steve Carr
uh no the sd card is not included with a new board atleast with the h520 mainboard anyway. Had to have a new mainboard installed on my ex primary h520 when the one of the motor wires separated from the main board in flight triggering five motor error back in late july 2019. I do not see why the h plus mainboard would be different. the sd card on the old mainboard unless damaged needs transferred over to the new one. however that h520 suffered a fatal crash dec 25th when two props failed inflight at the same time resulting in the bird landing upside down on it's head. If that is a brand new board there is no firmware loaded at all. That a whole new ball game to get the firmware loaded and the reason I had terrestrial imaging do the work for me and not myself

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
uh no the sd card is not included with a new board atleast with the h520 mainboard anyway. Had to have a new mainboard installed on my ex primary h520 when the one of the motor wires separated from the main board in flight triggering five motor error back in late july 2019. I do not see why the h plus mainboard would be different. the sd card on the old mainboard unless damaged needs transferred over to the new one. however that h520 suffered a fatal crash dec 25th when two props failed inflight at the same time resulting in the bird landing upside down on it's head. If that is a brand new board there is no firmware loaded at all. That a whole new ball game to get the firmware loaded and the reason I had terrestrial imaging do the work for me and not myself
The only thing that puzzels me is the drop of RTV that it came with ? I mean why would it be there ?

hold on is the picture above that you sent before or after being shipped vertigo drones? if it after you got it back from vertigo drones the rtv silicone is holding the sd card. the sd card under the rtv blob. . if that picture on top is what you got back from vertigo drones they transferred the sd card from old to new board. If picture taken before vertigo drones got their hands on it that going to be different.

hold on is the picture above that you sent before or after being shipped vertigo drones? if it after you got it back from vertigo drones the rtv silicone is holding the sd card. the sd card under the rtv blob. . if that picture on top is what you got back from vertigo drones they transferred the sd card from old to new board. If picture taken before vertigo drones got their hands on it that going to be different.
My drone never went back to vertigo, I bought this main board as a spare, and noticed the rtv with no card is whats leading me to believe it was taken out of another drone, why would a brand new board have rtv with no use ? I think the picture your referring to is actually steves from his tutorial ?

okay spare board. yuneec has tended to ship these a blank slates no firmware loaded. nor any instructions on loading firmware. two things come to mind. 1st is good because vertigo installed one for their tech use sd cards to loaded up the firmware and configure the esc's on the board but forgot to fully clean the rtv off the board. to set the new board up for the customer to install right off the bat when customer needs replace the in use mainboard that need replaced in the bird. To do so they have to either build or have a tech bird ready. you must transfer the sd card from current board on the bird to spare board when needed. 2nd they sent a refurb.

okay spare board. yuneec has tended to ship these a blank slates no firmware loaded. nor any instructions on loading firmware. two things come to mind. 1st is good because vertigo installed one for their tech use sd cards to loaded up the firmware and configure the esc's on the board but forgot to fully clean the rtv off the board. to set the new board up for the customer to install right off the bat when customer needs replace the in use mainboard that need replaced in the bird. To do so they have to either build or have a tech bird ready. you must transfer the sd card from current board on the bird to spare board when needed. 2nd they sent a refurb.
Thanx terry (hope terry is ok) would think being brand new would come complete, but guess not ? So if l understand correctly if one bought one from yuneec directly, with no firmware and no way to install the firmware why would they sell it that way ? So its basicly not for the average person, but meant for in house install, no ? Oh by the way do you work for them ?

Oh by the way do you work for them ?
No, he is a customer like the rest of us.
why would they sell it that way ?
The H520 and the H Plus use the same parts. The main board can be used on either. The firmware can be installed in the field. You have to extract the autopilot.yuneec file from the firmware, copy it to an sd card and put the card in the camera, then power on just the aircraft. It should install on it's own.

No, he is a customer like the rest of us.

The H520 and the H Plus use the same parts. The main board can be used on either. The firmware can be installed in the field. You have to extract the autopilot.yuneec file from the firmware, copy it to an sd card and put the card in the camera, then power on just the aircraft. It should install on it's own.
Steve l was jokin on the work thing, Ok so thats all that goes on that card kind of the brain ? I wouldn't know at this point how to do what you said, can you copy that from one card to another not that l need to, but just for reference/knowledge on my part ? Last thing l want is to be a pia, just trying to learn all there is to know ?

steve according to terrestrial imaging it much more than loading the firmware to sd card on a naked hplus or h520 blank main board. which is why when I needed to have a mainboard replacement. I had it done by them since they are a certified repair place. now copping one card to another in theory can be done but it requires a sd card hardware designed to copy sd cards from one card to another.

Reactions: johnnyb57
steve according to terrestrial imaging it much more than loading the firmware to sd card on a naked hplus or h520 blank main board. which is why when I needed to have a mainboard replacement. I had it done by them since they are a certified repair place. now copping one card to another in theory can be done but it requires a sd card hardware designed to copy sd cards from one card to another.
Couldn't you just put the files from the card on your computer, then transfer the file to the new card ?

Reactions: PatR
yes and no while it's possible to do so there is a risk of sd card file allocation table mismatch which could either not work or absolute error brick the board. as such it best to use a sd card duplicator.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition