Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MANTIS Q GPS PROBLEM

Reaction score
Hi my GPS on the drone does not come up while flying outdoors. It says that I have 20 satellites but shows flying indoors (It should be flying outdoors when the drone senses the satellites) I have tried to recalibrate the drone a few times in an open field, it will be okay. But then when I have to fly, it's indoors.

What is the problem?

Does your screen look like this?
B3A1DDF4-08B2-484F-97FA-EEEA6DCE2483.jpg
Where GPS shows “green” but the aircraft shows IPS.

Check Settings for the Aircraft and make sure IPS is not turned on.
42ABB29E-4DA5-4614-894A-BC4B9E68A839.jpg

It could be an issue where you are picking up several satellites, but do not have good enough positioning to enter a GPS acquired state so it remains in IPS mode.

How long has it been since the Mantis was last flown? There is a backup battery on the GPS board that can deplete and you end up doing a cold GPS acquisition every power up until the battery charges enough to retain the GPS almanac data.
2C17CBCA-B929-49EE-966F-A1121E631366.jpeg

Hi,
IPS mode is off. When I fly outdoors, I get between 18-22 satellites, the drone is in contact. When I start flying, it says indoor flight. Although I have many satellites connected. I have tried to calibrate according to instructions a few times, but the same problem.

I fly several times a month. But the error has occurred in the last 5 flights. How do I delete the back up memory to GPS?

I've just been out flying with my drone. When I start, it says the drone is connected. When I start flying, it's says in flight. But it seems like the GPS is on anyway. Because when I press the return home button, the drone flies to the starting point.

What I see in the first photo from you shows that the GPS is working. You have a good count and the icon is green. The aircraft shows it is in Angle mode for flight. If it were in Indoor mode it would say IPS instead of Angle and if GPS was not stabilizing the aircraft it would say Manual and the GPS would be yellow or red.

It does look like the connection between the controller and the aircraft may be weak as there are no signal bars on the Controller icon.

There is no way to flush the GPS memory other than letting the system stay idle until the backup battery gets to low to retain the information in memory. You don’t want that to happen anyway. It is preferable to retain the euphemism data for the GPS. You get a fix much faster that way.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval