Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Manuals now available for download

Yeah, you're right, I noticed that later. The links I imagine will be valid when the manuals are published. With the desire that we have new news with this we are throwing away ;)

the manual mode that replaces smart mode could come in real handy for the typhoon h480 in some areas. That is if the controller is able to be used for it. I am not expecting the current st16 controller to be able to be used with the h520

the manual mode that replaces smart mode could come in real handy for the typhoon h480 in some areas. That is if the controller is able to be used for it. I am not expecting the current st16 controller to be able to be used with the h520

Forgive me, I'm not trying to offend anyone but the smart mode I've never understood. That it is in small toy multirotors makes sense but in drones of the Typhoon H category seems to me a mistake.

I know that for pilots without experience can be a lifesaver but after trying it on several multirotor seems crazy to me, I go crazy and I don't know how to handle it. Maybe because the learning curve should be to start with a small one and go up from category discarding this mode after the first model.

I think it's a great success to have taken it off, or for everyone to be happy to have entered all three flight modes and add a switch just for the RTL. There are tutorials where it is explained how to disable the smart mode and that indicates that not only do I think so. In case of problems with telemetry, compass or GPS it is essential to be able to fly in manual mode but in the same way as when you fly in assisted mode.

I think it is a success and an important step forward, as much of what this platform brings us new.

- Set manual flight mode
- Create advanced flight plans for photogrammetry
- Much more powerful cameras
- Increase flight time
- Integrate failsafes: Low battery failsafe, RC loss failsafe, telemetry loss failsafe, geofence failsafe
- To be able to use the H480 batteries
- Hoverfly, grounded cable connection
- use mobile devices and tablets, I still haven't found anything on this topic
- New more powerful radio station with software based on PX4 (notice where the new features come from)
- The SDK that will soon increase functionality
- The weight is still less than 2 kg so that in many countries you can fly out of the pilot's visual range.
- The improvement of GPS
- Download maps and use them offline

I don't know if I'm forgetting any new features, but if we put them together with those who made the H480 a very good choice:

- Retractable landing gear and 360 degree endlessly rotatable camera gimbal
- Flight stability and modes
- Sonar collision prevention
- rucksack (I hope the H520 will bring it too)

I'm sure I forget things, I've put the ones I think are the most important.

I haven't mentioned anything about the Wizard because I don't see it useful with the features it has now, I think it's better to use two remote controls. Instead of using the Wizard. I would use a similar device, the control of the aircraft always from the remote control and a small device with GPS where we could tell the camera to do a Follow Me. The camera would point all the time to the position of that device and we managed the movements of the aircraft with the remote control. It would allow a single pilot to make spectacular tracking shots of a target, a car, a person on a bicycle, whatever. This I thought the Wizard was doing it, which disappointed me to find out that it wasn't.

This is a video of a project by two German brothers (I think I remember) that unfortunately did not continue forward but shows what I mean.

Yuneec please, if you don't have it planned it would be a good idea to put it on the to-do list ;)

I think the breakthrough is spectacular and I think new features will come along. Features that can be achieved in a custom-made drone but that would cost a lot more money.......

I'm sorry to write so much, but since the news started coming out of the new platform and now as they are being confirmed it has practically everything I was looking for and today I think that is the best mass commercial drone by far.

Last edited:
I mean removal of the smart mode and replacing it with manual was great move. to disable and enable the gps without the using touch screen when needed is a god send to some.

however that may mean that they are not going to firmware the bird (multicopter unit) h520 to the h480 st16 controller. may be they will allow the bird (multicopter unit) h480 to the h520 controller. not mentioning the cameras here that something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie