Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Map your flights on Google Earth

Well... if you don't wanna be targeted by BB : stop your internet, throw your cellular, your computer and go live in the woods !

Last edited:
Reactions: GRH and Steve Carr
That is awesome! Can this be done with files from UAV Toolkit?

Site worked great this morning. Now I'm getting a server error when I try to pull up my flights. Is anybody else having this issue?

Site worked great this morning. Now I'm getting a server error when I try to pull up my flights. Is anybody else having this issue?
I sent you an email. Everything is back in order now.

Wouldn't know how to get those files out of UAV Toolkit...only ever viewed them on my ST-16.

To get the Google Earth animation working you need a KML or KMZ (which is the same file in a zipped format).
These files are generated upon each flight log upload on WebFlightPath.com. They relie on the CSV telemetry files that are in you STxx remote controler. You can also convert your CSV files to KML/KMZ files (and even more!) on the excellent site : gpsvisualizer

OK !
I am still not able to get an animation working.
I can convert to KML And KMZ but can get no further
I'll wait for the new video
Thanks

OK !
I am still not able to get an animation working.
I can convert to KML And KMZ but can get no further
I'll wait for the new video
Thanks
If you use files (KML or KMZ) from webflightpath.com, you don't need to convert anything ! All is already done for you when you upload your CSV file.
Have you installed Google Earth on your computer ? If so, just download the kml file (it should automatically open GE), if not, install GE on your computer before trying to get the animation working.

Yes I have GE installed.(ver v7.1.8.3036)
I have been able to show flight paths from previous flights
but can not figure out how to get the animation.
Flights Aug17.jpg

Yes I have GE installed.(ver v7.1.8.3036)
I have been able to show flight paths from previous flights
but can not figure out how to get the animation.
View attachment 6761
hummm.....This does not look like a KML file from webflightpath.com, that's why you can't get the animation I think. The KML files from webflightpath are in a specific format which allows animation. Not all KML files can do this, it depends how they are formated. That's why you must use the files from my site if you want to have a 3D animation in google earth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss