Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro Card Problem

Reaction score
I have an issue with my micro sim card. I generally don't have one installed, but wanted to try and download a mission telemetry log onto one. SO I inserted a card into the slot and it disappeared into the ST16. I can hear it rattling around in there, but the unit works fine. I would like to open the case and get it out, so I was wondering if anyone knew of one of those fine help threads or videos demonstrating how to open the case.
I generally always just import missions through the micro usb cable to my computer, and update the software through the wifi, so it doesn't really impact my operations. But I don't like the idea of a piece of plastic rattling around in the controller. Any thoughts?

The ST16s isn't too hard to open up. In addition to the screws you can see on the back of the controller there are also 2 under each rubber hand hold pad. Those will just peel off and then can be stuck back on again later. The adhesive tape is covering the two screw holes so you will need to cut the tape around the holes.
The screws are 2.5mm hex head and there is one in the handle that is 1.5mm hex.

Once you remove the screws place turn the controller back over and carefully lift the bottom side. There are wires at the top so you need to pivot roll the top cover from the bottom forward. Inspect the slot for the sd card. You may be able to put a piece of foam tape on top of the sd card holder so the cards won't fall inside again.

Steve,
Thanks for the help. That worked. My ST16 looks a little different but good guidance.
I need to check out that Yuneec Skins site a little closer. Looks like a good option
Thanks again guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval